NST March 2019: WINS against the debt

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Lovely to see you back f0xh0les - pleased you're ok. You were indeed missed :)
    Not a nsd for me today, which means I can't make the 15 target, but I desperately needed some grocery shopping, and had a few bits to do. Hadn't been organised enough during the week to do an online shop so braved Mr M - and wished I hadn't. Loads of stuff I needed was sold out - I'll see how we get on during the week in terms of the things that I did get. Hopefully I won't need to go back again very soon. It was also full of people last minute buying stuff for their mothers (presumably) so really busy as well.
    I have managed to find some time to catch up with bestie and do a tutoring session. My dad has been over to visit as well, so it's a day that's been soothing for the soul. More of that tomorrow when I catch up with my mam and my sister. :D
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am gateful for good food, for lots of walking, for the lovely cleaner on the train telling me which way was forwards and where the unreserved seats were, for getting some sewing and knitting done whilst watching some rugby, for dh tinkering with the wash machine, for dd playing out in the sunshine, for MIL calling us from Texas.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Thankful for: OH sorting the WM (wouldn't drain) - although the resulting deluge of water meant an extra load of towels to wash! (3 loads done in total - mostly dry on line, rest just airing this evening), yummy HM chicken nachos for tea (had to buy the chips, rest of items already in), DS3 getting all of his homework done today :T, family WhatsApp group for chatting with the student children :)

Spent in Tesc0 (milk, YS laundry powder (stocked up for students), nacho chips) and the Rang3 (mini circular stickers for DS2's shooting targets, a roll of wallpaper for caravan, soft-lined rubber gloves for me to help with my eczema hands)
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Thank you for the lovely thread apple. As always any missed targets are entirely my responsibility but I seem to have spent all month just struggling to stay on my feet and the infirmary staff will be giving me a nametag and the door codes if I spend much longer there. Hoping to get some answers next month and some improvement in my health and the state of my home.

Had a chat with Beloved today about the Occupational Therapist's next home visit and outlined a couple of targets we need to get started on. She confirmed that DS3 has been sleeping in the big upstairs bed and sleeping much better (it's large, solid with a good mattress). I went to check whether they were at a convention earlier in the week because I hadn't seen him for a couple of days - he's usually either on the couch, curled round his laptop or asleep on the little bed (very bad condition but so far he hasn't let me take it away - bed to become a raised bed and the mattresses hopefully collected by the Council).

Found out my diary has 10 pages for notes at the back so will be transferring phone numbers and other vital info into there (not passwords) when I have it all in order. Anything to reduce the number of loose bits of paper flying about. Already put the remaining numbers for the 365 penny challenge on the back page.

Today I am grateful for libraries, for the pleasant people at the 'corner shop' (not the corner as that's a tattooist and although I'm sure they are perfectly nice people I haven't had occasion to go in there), for the floor still being mostly clear.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Spendy day yesterday on plants in the garden centre but they look gorgeous and I’m very pleased with them :) Got them all planted, mowed the lawn, did two walks and was knackered so a very nice relaxing day :)
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Look forward with hope, not backwards with regret.

Happiness is not something you postpone for the future; it is something you design for the present.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 31 March 2019 at 9:23AM
    Options
    Good morning! Did all your clocks go forward automatically? My new alarm clock for Xmas did, all on its own, which was odd as I did not notice until I had finished my bath and had a coffee and the man on the tv told me the time, so I had got up at my normal 6.00 but felt like I had a lie in as it said 7.00. Nobody has mentioned mothers or days, and I am not mentioning it either.

So the month ends today and I am on target (can you be over target? surely that would be a miss? ) with the NSDs, I will bring the house into order today, and then start April with a vague plan.

Last night I wrote all DS1s exam dates into the calendar I bought him before I went away (ys charity shop calendar) I despair that these kids of mine are incapable of forward planning. How can you do a study plan when half your exams are not on the calendar??

I will start at the top, clean the house, do the laundry and possibly food shop - did the inventory last night so I have a meal plan and shopping list ready.

But first .... coffee number two and just feeling grateful to be back at home, with kids who drive me nuts,and a warm man in my bed who is delighted to have me back.
    Still no spare car key though. Maybe by the end of the day.........
    Thank you Apple for running March and keeping me on track, and for the added bonus of sanity with daily updates on my email, proper little community of moneysavers.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    Options
    Welcome back f0xh0les.

Having a lazy morning so far, had porridge for breakfast and two coffees, think I will give cycling a miss and go for a run at the end of the day. DS has wished me happy mother's day and bought we a bottle of wine via DH but DS paid for it, it is very much appreciated.

No plans to spend today and am hoping we stick to that. DH is going to the gym then I am hoping we are going to book a camping trip, take the dog for a long walk and plan our kitchen design. Washing is in the machine and I will peg that out soon and the heating is off - yay.

Thank you for running March apple.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • Lovelifeloveliving
    Options
    Hi all:j

F0xh0les Welcome back.
    Apple Muncher Thank you for the March Thread. :T:T It has kept me focused for the month and helped with savings goals for my holidays and the year ahead.

Overall I consider March a success. Today is no spend day number 15. I've hit my target for lunch to work on all my days at work. No vending machine spends. No new clothes or cleaning products purchased.

I have reduced the waste in the household and hopefully my utility bill will reflect my efforts to reduce the use of power in the household.
    I've been mindful about recycling/ repurposing. To be honest I didn't grow very much but on a positive note my basil plant survived. :rotfl::rotfl: In my defence I lead a very busy life and feel I'm continually juggling.

I hit my target for gym sessions. I didn't for my weight loss target:( Only lost 2lbs. I will try much harder in April, I'm fully aware that it's my eating habits.

I have good routines in place regarding cleaning, finances and fiited in some pamper time.

To all the turtles out there thank you for your posts and all the focus and motivation they provided:T:T

Dolly I look forward to April's challenge with renewed vigour:)

Happy Sunday. Xx
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    Options
    Ending March with 13 NSD's despite a shaky start. Hope all are well, Spring is Springing! Hurrah :)

Thanks dolly for running April :)
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure