3 - 6 month Emergency Fund Challenge (part 2)

Options

Comments

• katsoocam
    katsoocam Posts: 136 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hello it’s no. 21 checking in. Life has changed with additional expenses (now a two car family, additional rugrat due in Jan) so I would like to join the thread as an active member and up my previous goal of £22800 to £30600. Current total still £22800 - got to start somewhere, will be slow going as saving also for maternity leave! Onwards and upwards. 
  • Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats katsoocam - what lovely news.
    Target adjusted for you - all the very best.
    keep on keeping on.
    Dobbi ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • IntoTheForest
    Options
    Thank you. I will update my signature when allowed. Currently the site says I don't have permission. 
    We are feeling the strain here, I need to fuel up the car and we have the MOT due in December but I have no work for the next month. I have a few bits and pieces to list on eBay so we should just make it. Roll on December. 
    SPC  #046 2021- £293.26
    Make £2022 in 2022 #35 £10/£2022
  • ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I am now on 4000 in my fund, which is amazing. I have decided to extend the goal to 6000 :)
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • jennystarpepper
    Options
    Another £100 please Dobbi.
    Can you adjust my target to £5000, please?
    Thanks again for letting me join, it is really motivating me to save.   
    MFW -  01 10 21. £63761 01.10.22 £50962 01.10.23 £39979

• Dobbibill
    Options
    Another £100 please Dobbi.
    Can you adjust my target to £5000, please?
    Thanks again for letting me join, it is really motivating me to save.   

Half way there - well done :smile:
    Keep on keeping on
    Dobbi ;)
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

• ponypal
    ponypal Posts: 416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm on £4,400 now. Goal is to get to £4,500 by end of the year and then regularly save enough each month to reach the 6 month target by end of 2021. Fingers crossed. Thanks Dobbibill for your admin on this thread!
    Debt Free since December 2017#11 3-6 month Emergency Fund - £3,207.08/£6,000.00
  • Betharooni
    Options
    Hi

#39 checking in with new Emergency Fund total of £1,103.71.

I’m really pleased that I’ve finally breached the £1K mark and am looking forward to pushing on to my overall target (at the moment) of £5,000. It will be slower progress now, as I won’t be putting as much in as I have in the last couple of months, but I’ll try to redirect some of my spare money during the month to help this account build up.

B x
  • Dobbibill
    Options
    Well done to everyone who is managing to add to their fund in these uncertain times. You should all be bursting with pride. Let's see how much we can get in there by the end of the year as a collective group.
    We can do this! B) #MSEsavers
    Keep on keeping on.
    Dobbi ;)

• claremylove
    Options
    As I’ve passed my target in the £1,000 emergency fund thread, i would love to join this one!  Think my first target will be £2,000 as only inputting £25 by DD each month into my premium bonds account which is my EF, plus b’day & Xmas money, but hope to increase this by the end of 2021 when the CC’s are paid off😀.  
    £2 coin savings club 2024 #1 £0 (2023 £754; 2022 £472; 2021 £256; 2020 £358; 2019 £512; 2018 £404; 2017 640)Saving for Xmas 202 £1 a day #4 £365 / £365 3-6 month emergency fund challenge #48 £2,377 Save a penny a day 2024 #32 £ . / £667.95 £1000 emergency fund challenge #232 £1,007/ £1,000 (achieved Nov 2020)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback