Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• dogshome
    dogshome Posts: 3,878 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Been with them for 10 months and all fine - You give them a reading on your allocated day in the month, and the bill is on screen within  hours
    BUT
    They have a strange process if you do not give them a reading on 'your' day - They raise an Estimated bill which is fair enough, and on the next bill they cancel the previous one and charge for energy consumed over the period of the two bills, again that is fair enough - Except they don't cancel the VAT on the first bill and adjust the VAT on the second to account for this - It takes a while with a calculator to check the bills accuracy.

• fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    4-2020
    Made a preliminary phone call to test to see how that would go:
    1. The pick up was quick
    2. The call handler was foreign and the line crackly. She didn't understand me. I had to repeat 3 times i didn't have an account and i was phoning to check they supplied leccy to my postcode.
    3. I had to giver her my postcode 4 times and each time her system rejected it. She refused to read the postcode back to me to confirm she had understood me correctly - saying it was 'not allowed' !!
    4. I told her not to refuse such a basic check was clearly a sign of an incompetent company and declined further interaction. 

It seems to me that if the company has reportedly grown very suddenly they may have handed their customer service over to a non-UK source, despite telephone pre-recordings being in a Yorkshire accent. This person sounded Eastern European to me and lacked the efficiency of Indian call centres.
    I had a similar experience recently when I called them. I had opted to change to the Green Ilkley fixed tariff but after I initiated the switch on 17/4/20 the system told me I would be switched to it when my tariff ended. That was not what I asked for and when I rang up I ended up speaking to a foreign sounding gentleman (possibly Eastern European) on a line that had terrible background noise. When I explained I was expecting to swap to the new tariff now not when my current tariff ended, he said something like 'what's the problem - you'll switch to the new tariff in a few days'. I then asked to be put through to someone in the UK and was put on hold. After a long wait I was told someone would ring me the following day - they never did.
    So, I think that YE have farmed out their CS function and it's not very good I'm afraid.
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Been with them since end of Jan, for both Gas and Elec.  Had three statements, all of which have used the readings I provided.  Statements have been received within a few hours of giving the readings.  No hassle about being in debt - due to starting during the heavy gas usage period.   A breath of fresh air.
  • davyboy88
    Options
    Thank you thank you thank you MSE for showing up Yorkshire Energy on your Cheap Energy site when no other search engines including Uswitch showed it!
    Currently with Bulb and Yorkshire was £178 cheaper. Variable it's true but so was Bulb and there is no exit fee so if it does rise i'll swap again and with £178 to play with it's got a lot of margin to rise.
    The funniest thing was that I sadly couldn't connect to join on the net so rang them. Unbelievably I ended up talking to a lovely lady in Bosnia of all places - working from home! The sign up was a delight.
    Not actually joined till 20th May so early days yet but I'll keep you informed.
    Thanks again MSE
  • alexpinnick
    Options
    Absolute nightmare.  Been with them a year.  Overcharged by almost £1,000.  They don't always send bills or ask for meter readings.  When you try to complaint, no one comes to sort it out.  Now it has been 8 weeks, so I can go to OFGEM.  They also blocked me switching from the.   A disaster.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Completed switch away from bulb to Yorkshire Energy on 25th April. Date chosen to coincide with my normal bulb statement date, so final bulb/opening YE reading submitted to both suppliers on 24th (Friday). Account opened no bother, dd processed on time and amended for next month (quickly dealt with by their call centre) so here's to a year of no-bother supply & billing..hopefully.
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • pinkduckuk
    pinkduckuk Posts: 5 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options

Clearly system problems, they invalidated the 40 million kWh estimate but can't do anything further as they have the wrong gas meter serial number too (despite having that correct with previous supplier Bulb in July 2019 and on statements since)

• ennaeeL
    ennaeeL Posts: 10 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 4 May 2020 at 5:23PM
    Options
    Useless! Due to go live with them on 6th May (2 days). No problem with the switch and can login to the account and enter my first meter reading.
    But their customer support is useless (worse than Symbio even). 10 days with not even a single reply to a very simple question (via email). Chased twice by replying to the first automated response and each time they send back the same automated response. So their ticketing system sucks big time!
    Just emailed them back and told them to forget my query as just after midnight on 6th May I shall be switching again.
    Avoid these jokers. Cheap but so is the customer service (or lack of it).
  • brewerdave
    brewerdave Posts: 8,516 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ennaeeL said:
    Useless! Due to go live with them on 6th May (2 days). No problem with the switch and can login to the account and enter my first meter reading.
    But their customer support is useless (worse than Symbio even). 10 days with not even a single reply to a very simple question (via email). Chased twice by replying to the first automated response and each time they send back the same automated response. So their ticketing system sucks big time!
    Just emailed them back and told them to forget my query as just after midnight on 6th May I shall be switching again.
    Avoid these jokers. Cheap but so is the customer service (or lack of it).
    Err....have you noticed that the country is in lockdown and everybody is working with skeleton staff ? Small suppliers started off with few customer service staff but now ??
    Believe me ,having been with Yorkshire Energy last year ,they are infinitely better than the total shower at Together Energy !!
  • CyrusA
    CyrusA Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    I notified Yorkshire Energy that I wanted to switch on 26th March 2020.
    On 5th May I gave up.
    They started off by entering the wrong address, and then insisted I was with NPower for electric. I never have been. Enquiring with my existing supplier, I discovered that Yorkshire Energy had entered the wrong address.
    I contacted them again and told them the problem, which they themselves should have been able to work out. I rechecked that they had the right address and meter reference numbers.
    They still could not complete the process. Their phone system was rubbish and kept cutting me off. Their reps, with one exception, have attitude but no ability to progress an issue.
    Even the one who sounded able said that he had corrected the error and passed it on to the operations team... guess what... no record of that conversation on my notes.
    Finally I had heard nothing for 2 weeks so I rang them again. After an hour of trying to work out why precisely nothing had been done for the last 2 weeks, she suggested I start the process from scratch !!
    I rang my existing supplier and found out that Yorkshire Energy had not even got as far as applying for a switch on the National Database.
    Simpy astonishing incompetence. Blame the company not the staff. They have clearly invested ZERO in Staff training.
    Wow. Do not touch this company with a very long barge pole.
    I have since read the reviews on Trust Pilot and I'm very pleased that my switch to Yorkshire Energy didn't work out.  

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback