We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• Byzar
    Byzar Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They got my attention. Seems to be, they are at the moment cheapest from the market. Its worth switch to them from Octopus? With Octopus, I'm kinda tired of them and their excuses, every time my emails didn't go through and always I need to pinch them on twitter with an private message or tweet! The same excuse for more than 2 years I'm with them. On opposite, no complaint about how quickly they billed me and easy to understand that bill. Now, I want to switch from them, due big prices they have on their cheapest tarrif, discovered today by an email heads up from Club Energy where I can save more than £150 PA.
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    I had no issues with them for two years, I switched away in December but purely down to prices at the time. I would have no hesitation in going back to them if the price situation was right. Hope this helps
  • A._Badger
    A._Badger Posts: 5,856 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had no issues with them for two years, I switched away in December but purely down to prices at the time. I would have no hesitation in going back to them if the price situation was right. Hope this helps

I'm with them for the first time this year and the experience has been fine. That said, I change supplier just about every year and only once have I run into problems (with nPower, which will surprise mo one!). I'd certainly recommend YE if they are the cheapest for you.
  • km1423
    km1423 Posts: 145 Forumite
    Options
    I'm a 10 day old newbie to YE. Can't reach them on the phone, and I've signed up for 2 years. I am starting to like Scottish Power more and more, and I hated them.

I want to leave...does that sound like - no!!

My first impression is not good and I am already feeling nervous

If you want loyalty - get a dog:rotfl::rotfl:

All my posts are my opinion, and the actions I would take.
  • Benzanna
    Benzanna Posts: 125 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post Energy Saving Champion
    Options
    Absolutely awful experience. I've had to go to the energy ombudsman as they continue to ignore my emails. My gas bill has read 0 for months, even though I update it every month on time. They will adjust so quickly to a totally inaccurate estimate if you don't submit new reading straight away. You don't get a smart meter, and there is no app. The website is often failing to launch or work at all. Any emails i do get a reply to show that they've not read my original message at all. Very very frustrating.
  • Puncharama
    Options
    On Trustpilot it seems Yorkshire Energy have had a big increase in customers in a short space of time.  They acknowledge that and have replied to several threads to advise they have taken on (I think they doubled) their customer services team and are working to get back to usual levels of service.  Given the replies are personal rather than a standard fob off I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and have just signed up.  
  • Jack9162
    Options
    Just as a warning to others, things are not great. When I first joined from Bulb, the meter readings were disputed. Contacting YE was easy and response times not too bad. Since then I've needed to follow this up, and I'm still waiting on a reply. When ringing they are typically extremely busy and I've given up. The support ticket I raised (they use Zen Desk) is approaching 4 weeks with no reply. This is despite them saying they have doubled their customer service base, I can't tell. I'm now paying exit fees to leave them so I can go with a company that responds to queries, as it's very one sided with YE at the moment. They have simply let too many in without the resources to deal with it, and that is still the case now. I would recommend not joining this purely if you have issues, as you will struggle to get responses.
  • woodwork_man
    Options
    only just switched to Yorkshire energy 
    the switch was handled very well with good email information  at all times, lets see how the next 12 months go 
  • PennineAcute
    PennineAcute Posts: 1,161 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Received my first statement last week.  Readings were not estimated and my readings were used.  Bill was accurate.  So far so good.
  • dpazz
    dpazz Posts: 1 Newbie
    First Post
    Options
    As a Yorkshire Energy or Daisy Energy Supply Limited (DESL) or Daisy Energy or any of the other names under which Yorkshire Energy trade under, I would like to provide feedback on a negative experience.

I have recently attempted to switch away from DESL, having found their customer service was non-existent. I have sent two emails over the past 3 months and not had a response to either. I have also attempted to call their customer service helpline and found that on repeated occaisons I was number >10 in the queue. Given I work long hours, this was time I could not spend sat on the telephone.

They are struggling.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport