Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• mac.d
    mac.d Posts: 1,345 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I never had any problems in the year that I was with YE. Switched via a comparison website, submitted opening read when asked, then readings monthly, always followed by an up to date bill. When I switched away, I received my final bill and refund within 14 days of the switch. Never had to contact them for anything, and would be happy to use them again.
  • fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    mac.d said:
    I never had any problems in the year that I was with YE. Switched via a comparison website, submitted opening read when asked, then readings monthly, always followed by an up to date bill. When I switched away, I received my final bill and refund within 14 days of the switch. Never had to contact them for anything, and would be happy to use them again.
    I've been with them just over a year and prior to my recent experience I would have said the same as you. However, my most recent experiences with them (now that they appear to have subcontracted out their customer service to an Eastern European country) has not been great I'm afraid. I would now reluctantly not recommend them based on their customer service.
  • Byzar
    Byzar Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    fewkeste said:
    mac.d said:
    I've been with them just over a year and prior to my recent experience I would have said the same as you. However, my most recent experiences with them (now that they appear to have subcontracted out their customer service to an Eastern European country) has not been great I'm afraid. I would now reluctantly not recommend them based on their customer service.

you deal with them recently? not a good move, regarding customer services. for me and as for other, customer service is maybe the most important part at a company, especially when you are a customer!
    and I wanted to give them a try, to ditch my long 3 years Octopus Energy. Nothing to complain about Octopus, and better sit in my bench and 'stay alert' !
  • ConstantGardener_3
    Options
    I think it would be hard to find a worse company in the energy business.
    I started the switch process on 25th February - ie before coronavirus became an issue.  Immediately received a welcome email which set out the timetable.  None of the promised actions have happened.  Yorkshire Energy simply do not reply to emails (which I use so that I have a record, since speaking to them on the phone failed to elicit a useful response)
    The one and only positive is that, so far, they have failed to take either of the direct debits due.
    Avoid them until they sort out the customer service.
  • pallyman
    pallyman Posts: 340 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Joined them 6 weeks ago and except for a slight glitch were i had to ring them,though they answered very fast and followed up with a email from the very polite lady next day i am up to press very happy with YE.
  • jim100uk
    jim100uk Posts: 10 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Switched to YE early April. Process went extremely smoothly with timely progress emails and meter reading requests. Now completed my first month as a YE custiomer and submitted latest readings - new bill generated just 30 minutes later.
    Very impressed 5 stars from me !
  • tee_jay_harris
    Options
    I tried to start switching to Yorkshire Energy from Octopus in October 2019... The electricity element was switched within a month and they started collecting direct debits for dual fuel... however they didn't switch my gas. After a 6-8 weeks I followed up with customer services and they could see it hadn't happened, but they would investigate... I waited 5 weeks and then called again, no progress and it had failed again, but they didn't know why. At this stage (January 2020) as I was still paying Octopus for gas I asked for a return of my credit as they were collecting DD amounts for dual fuel and had built up £150. They said that would be processed within 2-3 weeks and they would try the gas again. By March 2020, I was still with mixed suppliers so called again and was told I'd need to provide a meter reading before they would return what was now over £200 credit; and they would try the gas again... I provided the reading (again) but still got no refund. April 2020, I resorted to using email as their phone lines were always busy (understandable given current challenges)... no refund and no switch for gas... asked again for money back (now over £250)... 2 weeks goes by and I get asked again for a meter reading (we actually have smart meters but they can't read them)... we are now at mid May 2020... over £300 credit and have provided yet another meter reading... I've cancelled my direct debit and asked them to send me a cheque, as I don't trust them to not keep taking £70 a month when we have consistently used £30 of electricity every month for 8 months. Annoyingly there are early exit fees, otherwise I'd have switched away from them already. I'm not confident they will actually give my money back, but am counting down the days to 11th September when I can bin them off and switch back to Octopus without penalty.
  • stephenwatson
    Options
    I signed up to Yorkshire Energy about a month ago because their dual fuel variable tariff came out cheapest. When I now enter my details on MSE Energy Club it is now nowhere near the cheapest. The variable tariff has changed on the MSE website, but not on my actual account when I log in. Has anyone else noticed this and know why? I've messaged YE but had no reply.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 May 2020 at 10:40PM
    Options
    I signed up to Yorkshire Energy about a month ago because their dual fuel variable tariff came out cheapest. When I now enter my details on MSE Energy Club it is now nowhere near the cheapest. The variable tariff has changed on the MSE website, but not on my actual account when I log in. Has anyone else noticed this and know why? I've messaged YE but had no reply.
    https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/comment/77186393/#Comment_77186393
  • numbernine
    Options
    Used this site to compare and start the switch from Bulb to Yorkshire earlier this month.
    Today went into this sites compare pages to find that Yorkshire are now £500 more expensive to Bulb, Yorkshire have upped their charges without informing me.
    I've sent an email today cancelling the switch to Yorkshire.
    I did try ringing them but after being 30mins on hold I realised that their 0113 number was 35p per minute!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback