1212223242527»

Comments

• Dave360180
    Options
    Thanks. I never got an email strangely 
  • Stonesmike
    Options
    just received this email as well.
    Are people saying you will get charged an exit fee if I decided to switch to their green brimham tariff?
    Been quite happy with YE so far, and looking at comparisons there is not much difference.
    No, only if you join the green tariff and then subsequently leave before the fix..
    Thanks.
  • Dave360180
    Options
    I got the email too now.

it sounds like they won’t be competitive from 28 nov then. It looks like switches take 21 days so best time to switch is 7 nov
  • Verdigris
    Verdigris Posts: 1,725 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I've been very happy with YE, on their market best variable tariff, but a hike of 31%, next month, has prompted me to switch. Luckily I have managed to recoup my early exit fees, from my previous supplier, plus a bit more. As long as they pay my credit back promptly I'll be very happy to consider them again.
    This time I have opted for single fuel deals with two suppliers, PFP and Zog, which are fixed until the end of November 2021 and only cost £2/month more than my YE deal. The leccy is slightly cheaper, the gas a bit dearer. Fingers crossed it all goes smoothly.
  • Dave360180
    Options
    Thanks Verdigris. Did exactly the same myself ! Good to split electricity and gas, I forgot they may be cheaper separately, £100 in my case approx. 
  • DaveYorks24
    Options
    Price might be good but their ability to sort out simplest of issues has been in my experiences terrible. Wrong meter info added to my account back in Jan 2020 and YE still haven't been able to correct. Billing re-issued 4 time now, double charges applied and still they cannot provide an accurate bill from the start of the account. Intervention by the Energy Ombudsman twice hasn't improved the situation & thankfully I'm switching away from them fee free. Hopefully others have had better experiences but they are so, so difficult to deal with when they get it wrong
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback