Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• BryanBainbridge
    Options
    I have been with Yorkshire Energy since 12th July 2018.
    I had no problems switching from Scottish Power to Yorkshire Energy.
    I phoned them once and the phone was answered straight away and my query was fully answered with plan simple to understand, no tech speak.
    Since joining I have an email prompting me for my meter reading same time every month. 
    Entering my meter readings is easy using their mobile app.
    The website has been updated since I switched, and the original website was poor, but their new website is a definite step being simple to use but only has basic information when compared to Scottish Power’s website.
    I have changed tariff with them once as this was close to the top few fixed tariffs and tomorrow, I will change once again with Yorkshire Energy as this new one is the top fixed tariff.

As you can see from my comment I have had a very positive experience and would definitely recommend them.
  • MSTupholme
    Options
    Terrible! That's the only way to describe my experience with YE.
    All started very positively - price looked good, switch started well enough, but then it all went downhill.
    Their website is totally rubbish. I couldn't see my tariff information, and I couldn't leave any meter readings for the switch. Had to contact them to get the readings added.
    Now stuck it out for 4 months, they are quite happily collecting my DD and I am over £300 in credit. Why? Because in those 4 months I have not been asked for a meter reading, I cannot leave a gas reading (asks me continually to come back and try in 5 days), and I have not been able to get a single bill.
    Sending messages seems to be a waste of time, they are simply ignored once you receive the automated acknowledgement. 
  • TIMBO
    TIMBO Posts: 37 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    2020 March  switch to YE  Whitby fixed rate , welcome letter states on variable tariff.
    If you  recently switched make sure you are on the right tariff .
    Tim 

• twinkerzzz
    Options
    4-2020
    Made a preliminary phone call to test to see how that would go:
    1. The pick up was quick
    2. The call handler was foreign and the line crackly. She didn't understand me. I had to repeat 3 times i didn't have an account and i was phoning to check they supplied leccy to my postcode.
    3. I had to giver her my postcode 4 times and each time her system rejected it. She refused to read the postcode back to me to confirm she had understood me correctly - saying it was 'not allowed' !!
    4. I told her not to refuse such a basic check was clearly a sign of an incompetent company and declined further interaction. 

It seems to me that if the company has reportedly grown very suddenly they may have handed their customer service over to a non-UK source, despite telephone pre-recordings being in a Yorkshire accent. This person sounded Eastern European to me and lacked the efficiency of Indian call centres.
  • GunJack
    GunJack Posts: 11,680 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    4-2020
    Made a preliminary phone call to test to see how that would go:
    1. The pick up was quick
    2. The call handler was foreign and the line crackly. She didn't understand me. I had to repeat 3 times i didn't have an account and i was phoning to check they supplied leccy to my postcode.
    3. I had to giver her my postcode 4 times and each time her system rejected it. She refused to read the postcode back to me to confirm she had understood me correctly - saying it was 'not allowed' !!
    4. I told her not to refuse such a basic check was clearly a sign of an incompetent company and declined further interaction. 

It seems to me that if the company has reportedly grown very suddenly they may have handed their customer service over to a non-UK source, despite telephone pre-recordings being in a Yorkshire accent. This person sounded Eastern European to me and lacked the efficiency of Indian call centres.
    that makes your experience polar opposite to mine, when I called them prior to deciding to switch. I called them to check a few details, how their system ran, etc. and got all my queries answered, and advice on exactly what date to initiate the switch to suit me best. Go-live date is 25th April, if all goes as smoothly as it appears so far, I'll be a happy bunny :)
    ......Gettin' There, Wherever There is......

I have a dodgy "i" key, so ignore spelling errors due to "i" issues, ...I blame Apple :D
  • wazzaworld
    Options
    Anyone know when the last price change on the variable rate might have been? Thinking of joining and can save a lot more using the variable rate at the moment than the fixed one, but don;t want to jump in and find a price rise shortly after!
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 April 2020 at 1:21PM
    Options
  • wazzaworld
    Options
    Gerry1 said:
    Great. Never seen that site before. Thanks.
    28th Feb 2020 last change, so should be ok for a while I reckon.

• RJMoon
    Options
    Thought of joining Yorkshire energy but cannot get through to them.
  • Gerry1
    Gerry1 Posts: 9,938 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    RJMoon said:
    Thought of joining Yorkshire energy but cannot get through to them.
    No need to call them.  Sign up through their website or a comparison site.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback