Add your feedback on energy supplier Yorkshire Energy

Options

Comments

• Dave360180
    Dave360180 Posts: 134 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 19 October 2020 at 8:41PM
    Options
    I’m slightly confused as it seems the rates hiked up back in May from their previous tariffs linked here: https://yorkshire-energy.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360004782691-Our-Previous-Tariffs . HOWEVER I’ve still been charged the old rates. Can anyone else confirm / deny ? 

Edit - it looks like they guarantee the rates for five months from when you signup
  • jeff_flambino
    Options
    Ive had the same email. The fixed rate on James Dean Bradfield with exit fees doesn't look great and neither does the new variable rates..  I think its time to switch again :(

• Dave360180
    Options
    What’s weird is it appears I’m still on their old rates without the new ones actually ever applying. Whenever I look at my tariff details it says Price Guaranteed Until today’s date... so quite why anyone would choose a worse tarriff I don’t know 
  • jeff_flambino
    Options
    Mine says:

Start Date:

8th May 2020

Price Guaranteed Until:

26th October 2020

So looks like im going on the more expensive tariff from tomorrow unless I switch

• Dave360180
    Options
    Mine just changes everyday so I guess everyone’s does and you may want to hold fire 
  • jeff_flambino
    Options
    Mmm interesting. Might as well wait until my next bill and see what happens then.?
    Cheers
  • Dave360180
    Options
    Agreed ! Me too 
  • Stonesmike
    Options
    just received this email as well.
    Are people saying you will get charged an exit fee if I decided to switch to their green brimham tariff?
    Been quite happy with YE so far, and looking at comparisons there is not much difference.
  • jeff_flambino
    Options
    Agreed ! Me too 
    Just checked my tariff and now says 27th october so looks like you are right. The email said You are currently on our Standard Variable Tariff. The rates of this tariff are set to increase on 28th November by 31% on average.** This is due to wholesale energy market prices increasing over winter, but prices do then drop again in spring.  So will check again next month!
  • jeff_flambino
    Options
    just received this email as well.
    Are people saying you will get charged an exit fee if I decided to switch to their green brimham tariff?
    Been quite happy with YE so far, and looking at comparisons there is not much difference.
    No, only if you join the green tariff and then subsequently leave before the fix..
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback