All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Good luck with the results. I am only a second in department, but I really stress out about it.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    What a busy two days...
    Went into work at 6am yesterday and stayed all day downloading and analysing all of the results ready for the students to get them today.
    A general improvement on last year's for the school so not a disaster - was very nervous about them - some really good performances and some not so great but on the whole fairly positive.
    That's the last job I'll do for my old school - shed a little tear as I left.....
    Onwards and upwards though and hopefully I'll now start to feel a bit more enthusiastic about my new job. I'm calling it the watershed moment ;)

I'm pretty much all packed and ready to go to Ibiza tonight - just a few last minute things to pop in the case. We don't need to be at the airport until around 7pm so I have the afternoon to fill.
    I'm ready for a holiday now - a week on the beach getting my head around the new job and re-tanning is much needed. We'll get back on the Friday and I'll start work on the Monday so only a weekend to get sorted. I'm as ready as I can be though I think - new work clothes, have looked at their results, and have a vague idea of what to teach. Just need to get on with it now....

I need to put the bins out and empty the fridge (not much in there, have been trying to use things up), have a bath, pack my handbag and then I'm ready to go.

I hope all the teachers out there have had a positive day - it's a very stressful job, particularly this time of year xxx
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Have a fantastic, well earned holiday MT - pleased to see that you're leaving the school on a high note results wise :D
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have a lovely holiday.

Suede boots, mine had some water marks on. I got them out using a green scrubby dish washing cloth, and then brushed out the suede till it was nice again. You can get little wire brushes for suede. It depends what the mark is though.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thanks Cat and Red.
    I'll have a go at salvaging the boots after the holidays - I do like them so it is definitely worth a try. There's nothing wrong with them otherwise.
    Have had a little sit down and a cat nap (I think I'm getting old!), rung mum to check on the dog (all fine) tidied the kitchen and emptied the fridge and bins and done the last little bits of packing. Still have about 3 hours to kill.....

It's freezing here today - looking forward to seeing the sun again :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    I'm back!
    Arrived home in the middle of the night/very early morning and went straight to bed for a few hours sleep before driving for a 7 hour return trip to collect the dog who was very pleased to see me and be home.

Had a brilliant holiday - lovely place and weather and OH was really good company. The best holiday we've ever had together. He even booked me a surprise super dooper massage as a little treat - not like him but very welcome. Happy bunny :)

Arrived back from the dog mission at about 6pm and went straight to the park for some fresh air and exercise for us both and popped to the local tesco express for supplies for the evening - couldn't face a big shopping expedition after the longest day ever. Will do a proper shop tomorrow.
    Have unpacked and put the first load of washing on and done sausage and mash for tea for me and the dog and have now just about run out of steam. I'll be early to bed tonight......

Got paid today - the last time from my old job and will spend some time in the morning sorting out the finances - too brain dead now . I've also brought back 150 Euros in cash so will change that back tomorrow at the supermarket to use as spending money over the next couple of weeks.

Going to watch a bit of telly and have an early night - lots to do tomorrow, just 2 days until the new job starts......
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 1 September 2018 at 1:04PM
    Options
    Morning! Slept intermittently - kept waking up thinking about work. It's getting very real now......

Have quite a few things to do today, OH is away for the day visiting his son so I have the whole day to myself. I was supposed to be meeting my friend for lunch but she's had to cancel and I'm secretly quite relieved as I need some time to get organised for Monday and our lunches usually involve wine..... ;)

So, a little list to keep me on track :-
    1. Dog walks x3 -done one park visit so far
    2. Medium length run
    3. Grocery shopping - done
    4. Change euros back - done
    5. Cut grass - done
    6. Change bed - done
    7. 2 loads of washing - done
    8. Put dry washing away - done
    9. Put diesel in - done
    10. Sort the banking and finances - done
    11. Hoover and dust - done
    12. Clean bathrooms
    13. Bath the dog - done
    14. Sort the bins - done
    15. Decide on clothes for Monday and ironing for the coming week

In addition to that little lot, I need to do a few hours of work, looking at the detailed results for my new school and write a report. I'll start it today but I may well need to work for much of tomorrow too depending on how it goes.

Right, I'm properly awake now and will start the list with a dog walk in the park, plenty to do so better get on with it.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Welcome back MT - I was just thinking about you yesterday when I got home from my hols. I'm getting a bit of pre work nerves and wondered about you...
    So pleased that you had a good holiday and that OH is finally treating you as you deserve to be treated. Enjoy your quiet day.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you Cat - hope you had a good holiday too. Work is looming ..... Will feel like we've never been away by Wednesday :(

Had a busy morning so far - done a park visit, grocery shopping, changed the euros back, put diesel in and wrestled the dog into the shower much to his disgust but he looks better now. Will brush him out later when he's totally dry.

Have also done the banking and jigged money into various savings accounts and paid the bills online. Not looking too bad this month - I'm not sure that there will be much in the way of social things due to it being the first month back at work and the workload and tiredness but I've budgeted for some just in case. Also squirrelled away is money for my hair appointment next weekend and the dog's tablets.
    The grocery shopping came to £77 but I have stocked up on toiletries, household stuff, moisturiser and vitamins etc for the month and have plenty of fresh stuff, some with long dates that will last into next week so next weekend's shopping shouldn't cost more than £40.
    I've also filled the car up with diesel - I want to see how long a full tank lasts with my new commute so I can budget accordingly next month. I've put some further money aside for more if needed.
    The euros gave me £120 cash that I'll use as spending money for the next two weeks - will keep me away from the cashpoint. I'll put half away in a drawer so it's not hanging around in my purse tempting me to spend it ;)

I'm rebuilding the holiday savings account and the house and garden account (the water tank leak pretty much cleared that out) and have also put some money in the Xmas account and general savings. I tend to do it as soon as I'm paid to stop it disappearing over the month.

The only social life I have planned for next week apart from seeing OH is a performance of the music from Indiana Jones by a full orchestra accompanying the movie on big screens. OH loves the music and Harrison Ford and jumped at the chance when I found the event online. A nice grown up slightly cultured Sunday evening :) I've already got the tickets so it will only cost a drink or two and parking.

Pressing on with the jobs on the list now - grass cutting next then house cleaning. I'll be happy when everything is freshly cleaned and sorted and order is returned. I'm a sad creature of habit!!!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    De lurking MT enjoy reading your diary . Glad you had a good holiday and good luck with new job . Enjoy your music tomorrow , I will be walking past that way tomorrow on the bee hunt again .
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure