All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options
1626364656668»

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you all for your kind thoughts - I'm getting there now thankfully.

The electronic goods insurance has been sorted today - part cash payment (that's already in my bank account) and another item replaced like for like and will be delivered within 3 days. Just the jewellery to sort now and I've spent half an hour on the phone giving descriptions etc.

No other big news really - long day at work followed by delivering some training to NQTs. The dog has been walked, last night's leftovers had for tea and the kitchen tidied. Have also had a quick bath to warm up again after the very cold dog walk.

Going to see OH later - not seen him since the weekend so it will be good to get together. My alarm is being fitted tomorrow evening so that's another night spoken for.
    Going to do a little stock take and write a shopping list for the weekend trying to stick to the bare essentials, mostly fresh things. I'll try to shop at Aldi to minimise the cost and limit choice and unnecessary spending.
    I've also started a little electronic spending diary to try to keep track of the spending and grocery budgets.
    I also need to claim back my expenses for the trip to Leeds on Monday - will only be about £20 but better in my pocket than theirs. Will try to do it tomorrow.
    Also need to register online so I can see my council tax account - I'm not sure how many payments are left to go. Don't want to be giving them more than they deserve either!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Busy end to the week - work was bonkers (as usual) and there were lots of little jobs to get finished too.
    Had to pop back to the car dealers yesterday on the way home to sign some more paperwork - they've been really good and are giving me a free loan car to tide me over until the new one arrives. I'm picking it up this afternoon with OH giving me a lift there. The insurance hire car is going back tomorrow so I've just hoovered it out and wiped down the surfaces - two dogs in it made it quite messy but it looks ok again now.
    The alarm man was going to be really late on Thursday evening so we've rearranged for tomorrow instead. I plan to do my school work whilst he's here so it's not a waste of weekend time.
    Supposed to be having dinner at an old friend's house this evening and have just texted her to confirm - hopefully it's still on. I've bought some nice bunches of tulips to take as a thank you - really pretty but not too expensive.

Stayed at OHs last night and had a bit of a lie in together then I took the dog to the park, whizzed round Aldi and B&M then came home to clean the car, Hoover and dust the house, clean the kitchen and wooden floors and have a general tidy. The house looks ok again now and I'm feeling much more organised.
    Need to do a load of washing, change the bed and clean the bathroom after I've had a soak in it, then everything is sorted and I can relax.

In the spirit of economising, I did the shopping at Aldi for the basics needed (just fresh stuff and toilet roll etc) and spent £20 including £5 worth of flowers, then popped to B&M for dog wee mats and diet coke - another £8 spent. So, a total of £28 including the flowers which won't come out of the grocery budget - £23 from that, so not too far off where I'd hoped for this week.

Right, bath time ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Had a lovely evening at my friends with her and OH - she has a new house and it's beautiful. Definitely given me some ideas for mine. Got home about midnight and we went straight to bed - shattered after a long day.
    Drove OH home this morning then dropped the hire car off and, in my infinite wisdom, decided to run home even though they offered me a lift - 7km! Knackered now but glad I've done it.

The alarm man is coming this afternoon so once he's done I'll pop over to OHs for a couple of hours. Need to do a couple of hours of school work, do a couple of loads of washing, have a little tidy round and get ready for the week. I now have a loan car from the dealers until mine is delivered so at least I'm mobile.

Right, need to have a shower, I'm a sweaty mess!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all.
    Had a fairly productive day yesterday, with the car returned, run done, 3hours of school work and the alarm being installed. Saw OH in the evening but came home to sleep as its an early start this morning.
    Have already walked and fed the dog and just about to have a shower and get ready for work.

Few jobs to do today in addition to work - have an SLT meeting after school, need to pick up the dogs tablets from the vet, go to the doctor for my repeat prescription, walk and bath the dog (he looks like a little old stray at the moment), sort the bins and recycling and Hoover through again.
    That should keep me busy enough!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Long day at work but got quite a bit done and presented some good stuff at my meeting this evening.
    Left late but remembered to pick up the dog's tablets on the way home so he's sorted at least. Then killed two birds with one stone and walked the dog to the doctor's to sort out my repeat prescription- 11500 steps done today.
    Have also sorted all the bins, tidied the kitchen and bedroom and changed the spare bed. Had a little read of my book in the bath - I'm determined to get at least one book finished in January!

The dog has had a reprieve on the bath front - it's too late now for him to dry before bedtime so it will have to be tomorrow - lucky escape for the pooch ;)

With economising in mind, I've used up a carton of soup and some bread for tea and made a sandwich for work tomorrow. It's an ageing quorn ready meal for tea tomorrow to get rid of more stuff in the fridge. Have used up a shampoo and conditioner and a bubble bath over the last couple of days too, there's still plenty of toiletries to last until the weekend and beyond so won't need to buy more until at least then.

My Audible credit has arrived today so might have a little peruse for a new audiobook later - I listen to them whilst walking the dog.

My mum transferred some money into my account in Friday but it still hasn't shown up due to the lloyds banking issues - she's checking it again tomorrow and will resend if necessary - I haven't asked how much but anything is lovely and they just wanted to help out a little bit with all of the expenses incurred from the break in. Bless them.

Going to watch some telly -Corrie and Silent Witness - and have an early night - have run out of steam now......
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    HI MT

just checking in.

I've not seen you for a while.
    I hope you are ok

SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope you're just busy and not got one of those dreadful lurgies that seem to be so prevalent at the moment.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi MT, hope everything's OK!
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Hows tricks MT xx
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Hope that this half term has been a good one for you.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills