All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all! Bracing myself for the onslaught of the clan arriving......

OH stayed over last night and has just left to go Xmas shopping (I know!) - we watched the new Netflix film Bird Box with Sandra Bullock - quite good, worth a watch if there's nothing on the telly over Xmas. Just had a nice quiet evening together - the last that we'll have for the next few days.
    We had a bit of fun setting up the Sonos speaker he bought me and trying to confuse Alexa :)

Just a couple of things to do this morning - need to walk the dog in the park, get some bread and fiddle with the downstairs loo to make sure it's working properly for my disabled sister. Otherwise, if it's not done now, it's not getting done ;)

Hope everyone has a pleasant and peaceful Christmas and manages to survive the trials and tribulations of families. Just want to take this opportunity to thank everyone that's posted here or read my ramblings over the past year - your support is very much appreciated.
    Have a good one!
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Belated happy birthday, sorry I missed it. Hope you have a lovely time and that the family don't drive you too crazy, relax and enjoy x
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Merry Christmas MT - hope you've had a nice day. :D
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 26 December 2018 at 8:21AM
    Options
    Well, it's Xmas day at around 5pm and I'm trying hard to be patient ;)
    Saw OH for an hour this morning (he's having his mum over for the day) and got some lovely presents, very thoughtful ones that were personal to me so was very pleased with his efforts.
    Have since been out for lunch with my family and the majority of them are now fast asleep on the sofa. Have taken the dogs to the park since being back for 30 mins peace and quiet......
    They also bought me some nice gifts so I've done quite well today.

Am bored now - nothing really on the telly and I'm all fidgety and can't settle. Might go and tidy up upstairs whilst they snooze and try to find homes for all my new things.
  • DD265
    DD265 Posts: 2,202 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Merry Christmas MT! It sounds like you've had a great day, but do make sure you relax a bit too, you deserve it! :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    I'm creeping around my house trying not to wake up everyone else - it's 7.30am and I've been awake since 5.30. Couldn't stay in bed any longer so have crept downstairs for a drink and to be out of the way - I can hear orchestral snoring from at least two bedrooms :)

The clan are going home tomorrow morning so I have one more full day to entertain them for. Not sure what we'll be doing today yet, will see what mood they're in when they're up although I'm in no rush to get started on anything soon as it's a long day ahead and I need to pace myself or I'll run out of patience......

Going to take the dogs to the park as soon as its light for some fresh air and a bit of me time ......will be the only peace I'll get all day. One more day......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    And peace has returned to my house..... :)
    My family went home around 10am and it's lovely and quiet.
    Spent two hours cleaning and tidying so it's back to normal again and then went for a walk for an hour with OH for some fresh air and to revive my sanity ;)
    He has visitors this afternoon so I'm leaving him to it - really looking forward to my first rest of the holidays. Just me and the dog and a clean, quiet house - bliss.

I literally haven't stopped since Sunday and am knackered. Its hard work hosting and keeping everybody happy. My break starts today :) I haven't slept well for a few days either so have just about run out of steam......
    Going to watch some telly, eat left overs from the fridge and do nothing - will probably be bored in a couple of hours but that actually sounds quite appealing at the moment!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope that you've managed some real relaxation this afternoon :D
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 27 December 2018 at 8:59PM
    Options
    Had a nice lazy afternoon - a little snooze, a couple of episodes of the second series of Designated Survivor on Netflix and a glass of wine. Then walked the dog and bathed him so he's nice and clean now too.
    Feeling much better.......
    Just needed a bit of quiet time.

Had a look at the banking too, it's 2 and a bit weeks to payday and if I'm careful I don't need to dip into this month's contingency money. Had a little stock take and there's plenty of food for at least a week, tons of toiletries and household products and half a tank of petrol in the car. I'll just need to buy some dog food in a couple of days time but that should be it for a while.

There's £45 in my purse (a nice new Radley purse courtesy of an OH birthday present :) ) that should last through the next few days and I'm not planning on anything big over the weekend.

I bought a lovely pair of shoes in the sale in Monsoon yesterday -70% off and reduced to £13!! A real bargain - I never get them! Will probably save them for the summer as they're pale blue but I just couldn't leave them there ;)
    Going on a big diet soon so I'm not buying any new clothes for a while - I got two lovely coats from my parents for Xmas, a gorgeous grey cashmere wrap thing from my sister, a bright red handbag and a really expensive looking pair of dark brown leather ankle boots for my birthday so I have lots of nice new big expense items to pep up my existing clothes.
    Mum bought me a couple of tops from Next too but one of them will be exchanged as its just not me (won't tell her though), so I can have a new something for free instead of shopping and spending money.
    I also got some of my favourite perfume from OH so I'm ok for smellies for a while.

Need to buy a good night cream - I'm 47 now and can't get away without one but I'll do a bit of online research and find the cheapest place.

Will also have a think about New Year goals - I love a list to keep me focused and need some motivation...... Watch this space ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all! Feeling much better today after a rest yesterday. Not verging on a nervous breakdown anymore! ;)
    Slept better last night too in my lovely quiet house with just the sound of a softly snoring dog to keep me company :)

Pottered around a bit after getting up at 8am, put the dry washing away and tidied the kitchen, then took the dog for a long (for him) walk to blow away the cobwebs. Before I lost momentum, I went straight out for a run - the first in weeks. It was really hard work but I did it and feel much better for it. Will maybe go again tomorrow if I can walk after today's efforts.....

No big plans for today - will see OH this evening but have the afternoon to myself. If I get really bored I might do a quick trip to the out of town Next to exchange the top mum bought me. No mad rush to do that though.

Need to strip and wash the spare bed as my parents will be back in early January, leaving their mad dog with me while they jet off on holidays (again!). Other than that though there's no housework to be done after yesterday's manic cleaning session to put my house back to normal ;)

Just thinking about what I want to achieve between now and the end of January - will post a list in a minute......
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure