All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thanks Cat! Keep going, nearly there now....

I HAVE NOW FINISHED WORK FOR CHRISTMAS!!!! :):):):)
    HURRAH!

Now home after an Xmas assembly and a lot of very excited children - not great after 3 hours sleep but it's done now.
    Got lots of nice presents too - a bottle of Disarono, 4 bottles of wine and lots of chocolates and smellies and a voucher for a posh afternoon tea for two.

Stayed at OHs last night and slept really badly and had to get up at 5am to come home and get ready for work. We had a nice time though so worth it I suppose.
    Going to walk the dog when it stops raining, have a little rest and maybe a snooze and potter around. I'm moving the big shop to tomorrow after my hair appointment that should be over with by about 11.30. Just can't be bothered today. Need a rest.

We're going to the charity carol service tonight but it shouldn't be too late a night hopefully. Will need to have a soak in the bath and beautify myself first though - looking a bit bedraggled and tired.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Hope tomorrow flies by and you have a good day. Have spent day with lists and DS1 and eaten way too much late lunch - which explains why I didn't make much progress with the lists. But I know now what I need to get in the next couple of days so that should be ok - it will be...it will....
    Course it will be Joey!!
    Remember, good is good enough - perfect is a myth ;)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Congratulations on making it to the holidays MT. I am almost there, and will be thinking of you having a relaxing morning when I'm driving into work tomorrow.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Happy last day Cat! We did it!!! Only teachers will know what that last week feels like - flipping hard work! Get yourself home and start your break ASAP.

We had a lovely time last night - went for a quick drink, then the carol service which was lovely and festive and for a very good cause and then home to OHs by 10pm and a nice early night together.

Have a lot to do today - hair appointment at 9.30, need to pick up the dogs tablets from the vet, drop the dry cleaning off so it's out of the way, if it ever stops raining I'll clean the car, and I need to do the big shop for Xmas supplies. Then later this afternoon I'll join OH in the pub for a while (he finishes work at lunchtime) but will probably drive.

Right, first dog walk coming up - it's pouring down so he won't enjoy it but needs must.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    And breathe......
    Literally haven't stopped all morning - been to the vet and dry cleaners and the bank, had my hair sorted and booked the next appointment, then battled my way around tesco doing the big Xmas shop. An hour and a half in the shop and I still have things to buy ! It's just the fresh things to get now though and I have a list to help me whizz round. Have spent a fortune but it did include lots of household things that will last into the new year, and plenty of toiletries and a new moisturiser and mascara and all the booze needed for the Xmas period. Mum gave me a £50 voucher towards the cost but I still managed to spend at least another £100.... There will be no more shopping done until the new year at least now though and I had budgeted that amount so it's not as bad as it could have been. Its now all unpacked and stashed away - that took nearly an hour!

Some good news, the PPI reclaim arrived in my bank account today - I've moved it straight into a different account so I don't spend it for now, over £3000 so a nice Xmas surprise. :)
    Will look into kitchens in the new year sales - mine is 18 years old and looking very tired.

Getting there on the Xmas prep list now - need to do the big clean, do the fresh stuff food shopping, clean the car, change my bed, and fix the toilet leak properly.

Need to walk the dog and have a sneaky sun bed then have a quick bath and meet OH later on in the pub. Quite tired now though - little sit down needed first.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all! Had a busy morning so far - stayed at OHs last night so came home and got changed and went straight out to do the fresh food shopping at tesco, then popped to wickes, then took the dog to the park, car washed and hoovered out the car, cleaned the kitchen and wooden floors (mucky dog) and phoned the pub to confirm Xmas day.

Not much left to do now apart from the big clean that I'll do tomorrow. Going to have a soak in the bath and spend a few hours pottering around - I'm officially on holiday now! (And it's my birthday ;) )
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Happy Birthday MT - hope you're doing plenty of relaxing this evening as you've been busy all day (as usual). :bdaycake:
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Oh Happy Birthday MT, how lovely that you don't have to be at school!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Little_Miss_Winner
    Options
    Happy belated birthday xx
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you all for the birthday wishes. I did have a nice evening with OH - got lots of lovely presents that he'd really though about, he cooked a beautiful dinner (we were going to go out but I wanted to stay in - Xmas birthdays are overshadowed by everyone else doing Xmas) and had plenty of quality time and prosecco ;)

Had a busy morning getting all the final Xmas prep jobs out of the way, the house is absolutely sparkling and will stay that way for precisely 10 mins after the clan all arrive......
    It's pouring down but I forced myself to walk to the local shops for some fresh air and exercise. Feel better for it.

Going to have a nice bath and do a bit of preening then have a little rest - OH is coming over later on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure