All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 16 December 2018 at 1:13PM
    Options
    Had a busy morning - walked the dog, put the decorations up, put the boxes etc back in the attic out of the way, cleaned the front door ready for a new wreath, hoovered and dusted the whole house, done the recycling and cleaned the kitchen, been out and bought all of the work presents and a few extra bits for OH, wrapped all the work presents, transferred money from the various accounts to pay for Xmas shopping, done a load of washing (second one about to go in), done £25 worth of grocery shopping (mostly dog stuff and household things) and went back when I realised I'd forgotten to buy stuff for a buffet in work tomorrow.

Getting somewhere on the Xmas list now.....
    I'll do the big food shop on Thursday afternoon as we finish at lunch time and then just go back for the fresh things on the 23rd. I need to wrap family presents and all of OHs but that can be done through the week. A big clean next Sunday will see the house sorted for guests (although it's like a bomb has dropped 10 mins after they arrive!).

Going to have a bath after lunch, do a bit of preening and go over to OHs about 3pm. No need to do any work this weekend - I tried really hard to get everything marked, planned, written etc before the weekend and am almost ready to finish for Xmas now and not have any additional work to do over the holidays except a bit of planning for the first week back.

Off for a little sit down and to check that I haven't forgotten anything big - this feels suspiciously too organised ......
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    What did you buy the PE teacher?
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Lots of nice foodie things....
    He likes eating!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Busy day at work but a bonus of my meeting tonight being cancelled so I left at 3.30 and was home by 4pm. Took the dog straight to the park just before it got dark for a little trot about.
    Have cooked a proper tea from the freezer of quorn sausage, roast potatoes, stuffing balls, Yorkshire pudding, peas and gravy. Made a little bit more room in there ready for the great Xmas stock up.
    Will continue to use stuff up as the week goes on.

Have had a bath, have a face mask on and have tidied the bedroom and kitchen. I might wrap some more presents tonight if I feel the urge.
    Just three more days to go now - well, two and a half really as we finish at lunchtime on Thursday. Tomorrow is a really long day with the Xmas show in the evening that I have to stay until about 9pm for :(
    But Wednesday doesn't look too bad so far.....

OH and I are fine - surprisingly he apologised as soon as he saw me yesterday - think he's not used to me having a go back and it made him realise that I'm not a pushover. All good now though thankfully.

The plan for the week is ..
    Tuesday - Xmas show
    Wednesday - seeing OH in the evening
    Thursday -finish work, do big food shop, drop off dry cleaning, charity carol service with the city's greatest and good in the cathedral with OH (was dreading it last year but actually quite enjoyed it)
    Friday - hair appointment in the morning and then joining ex-colleagues in the pub in the afternoon when they finish work (a day later than me) - will probably drive though so OH can have a drink and I can get back to walk the dog etc
    Saturday - my birthday
    Sunday - final prep for visitors on Monday, big clean, last bits of fresh food shopping etc

Pretty full on!

Seeing all that has motivated me to wrap the presents as I'm not sure when else they'll get done - right better get on with it.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Not long to go now MT - we can do it. I am a bit jealous of you as I have to go until Friday lunchtime. However, I don't envy you a 9pm finish - good job you got away early tonight.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    I know Cat - 9pm and singing and dancing kids is not my idea of a fun night out......
    Roll on Friday for you! Nearly there now.

Have had a wrapathon - everything that's here is wrapped and ready now. There's one or two things left to be delivered in the next day or two but they won't take long. I forget how Rubbish I am at it - I try but things just look like they've been wrapped by a toddler :) I suppose it's the thought that counts!

It's an hour of telly then bed for me xx
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    I'm absolutely exhausted....
    Got home at 10pm last night and was in my office at 7am :(
    OH took the dog for a walk and fed him but I had to walk him again as soon as I got back...in the rain.
    Thankfully, it's the last full day today and I'll be leaving as soon as possible this afternoon. It really is a slog now.....
    Nearly there.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    And what a last full day it was!! Absolutely jam packed and didn't stop but left as soon as I could and picked up a couple of parcels on the way home from the post depot.
    Have walked the dog and am just having a little sit down before a bath and then heading over to OH for the evening. Will probably stay over and get up early to come home and get ready for my last half day at work - hurrah !!! I can't see me rushing in tomorrow morning - I finished my last piece of work and did the last bit of marking today so I'm all up to date and have very little to do over the holidays.
    I think we finish at 12.30 tomorrow and so I should be in the car by 1pm - will probably do the big Xmas shop tomorrow afternoon and then it's the charity carol concert in the cathedral in the evening. Then I can relax a bit :)

Nearly over now ....
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Enjoy your half day tomorrow. It's well deserved after such a late finish last night!
    Although I am jealous as I still have 1.5 to go...
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope tomorrow flies by and you have a good day. Have spent day with lists and DS1 and eaten way too much late lunch - which explains why I didn't make much progress with the lists. But I know now what I need to get in the next couple of days so that should be ok - it will be...it will....
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00

LD 11.24 £500.00/£345.00 (69%)    INS 12.24 £600.00/£000.00
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£070.00 (15%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£083.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0600.00

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family