All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Oh MT I'm so sorry to read this :(
    We have trouble in this area with car crime, and stealing cars, or car parts to order. I can't imagine how awful it must feel. I'm really pleased to see that your insurance companies have been helpful in getting things sorted out quickly.
    Lots of love :grouphug:
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    So sorry to hear about your news, that's awful. Its been happening a lot round here too - so much so that the local constabulary put out messages on social media and the news.
    But good to know that your insurance companies are doing what they're supposed to and you can hopefully soon get your home back to normal. Still bl**dy awful though - I'd be thinking more than a few rude thoughts!
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£397.50 (79%)    Fn £375                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£403.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£074.75 (16%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£084.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you Joey, DD and Cat - just need the windows replacing, the man is coming on Weds to measure up so hopefully it won't be long.
    Everything else is back to normal now in the house and I'm feeling much better about it. The insurance claim for the items stolen or damaged needs doing bug I can't do that until their office is open tomorrow. The car insurance people have already started processing the claim so that's just a matter of time too.

I'm back on the wagon and alcohol free - I'll admit to needing a couple of glasses of wine last night after the trials and tribulations but that's it for a while now. Back to tracking calories and exercise too and did a really healthy shop today so I have no excuses.
    Night cream use is also going well :) not that it will make me 10 years younger.....

All ready for work tomorrow- clothes sorted, lunch ready and a couple of days worth of lessons in the bag.
    Going to watch a bit if catch up telly - probably Luther - potter around a bit and then try to get an early night
  • PositiveBalance
    Options
    Hi MT,

I'm so sorry to hear about the burglary and theft - it's not what you need to come back to after a few lovely days away.

I hope all the claims gets sorted out soon and that you get some sense of peace back in your house. xxx
    Debt: £11,640.02 paid in full! DFD: 30/06/20
    Starter Emergency Fund (#187): £1000/£1000
    3 month Emergency Fund (#45): £3300/£3300
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Oh MT what rotten news!

I am glad everyone is ok but it can't be nice knowing someone has invaded your private space.
    I'm glad the insurances have been helpful, in my experience that is rarely the case.

Your positivity around the whole this is so wonderful to see.

look after yourself lovely.

SM
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you PositiveBalance and Starmummy - your thoughts are much appreciated.
    Have spoken at length to both insurances again today and everything seems in hand so far.

First day back at work was ok - quite tiring but no big mishaps. Just need to get my head back on work again now after the events of the last few days.
    Have managed to have a bath, do my toenails and a face scrub and mask whilst watching the end of Luther. Really enjoyed it.

The diet gas gone well today (and yesterday) and have stayed within calories. No booze either ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    No big news to report today - quiet is good!
    Work was busy and I got quite a bit done so feel a bit more organised again.
    Managed to get away at 4.15 so got to take the dogs to the park at dusk and it was dark by the time we'd been round a couple of laps, but at least they got to have a bit of a run off the lead.

Have hoovered and dusted this evening (again, 2 dogs make quite a bit of mess...) and had a tidy around of the kitchen and bedroom. I have a window man coming in the morning and a security consultant in the evening so want the house to look respectable.

Diet has gone well again today (so far anyway) and I've done 10000 steps so hopefully it will all add up to a loss on Friday when I plan to weigh in.
    Settling down to a bit of telly for an hour or two and an early night - rock and roll!
  • Starmummy
    Starmummy Posts: 537 Forumite
    Options
    Be kind to yourself MT. You have had a huge shock. A few days off the diet won't make a huge difference in the grand scheme of everything.
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    What a week! Was absolutely shattered last night - OH came round and we just relaxed in front of the telly. Didn't sleep well though so am still tired today.....
    Have tidied the house though and walked the dogs and been for a run so feeling a bit better now. Think it's all caught up with me a bit.
    Every day has had something going on in addition to work - Wednesday was the window fitters doing a survey (having three new windows as the burglars damaged the frames of two and broke one completely), it will be three weeks until they're replaced though (lovely living with boarded up windows...) then in the evening the security company came round to do a quote and survey. They were very reasonable ( much less than I'd anticipated, to be fair I had no idea about cost so was pleasantly surprised) and so are fitting a new system next week. OH then took me out for a late tea as he thought I needed treating after a rubbish few days - really nice of him but a latish night. Thursday was mad in work and also had insurers to sort out (again) and saw OH in the evening, then yesterday was really nonstop in work and had lots of phone calls to make when I got home and the house to clean, beds to change etc. finally sat down about 8pm and was asleep on the sofa by 10!

The aftermath of being burgled is a right pain in the backside!!
    Add to that having my mums very demanding dog and I'd just about run out of steam.

Anyway, family are back from hols tomorrow evening and will go home on Monday taking the hound from hell with them.....

I managed to get a lot done in work this week so there's not much to do this weekend - nothing really urgent anyway. I've cancelled my hair appointment for today - with all of the extra expenditure sorting things out and uncertainty about when I'll get a new car etc I can't justify spending £70 on hair, will buy a box of dye and do it myself tomorrow- my roots are awful but will look much better afterwards and make me feel better.
    Had another unwelcome surprise yesterday- my first proper period in 6 months - the tamoxifen stopped them but I assume that the recent stresses have kicked me back into action .... Never mind, it's just another thing to rise above ;)

Having read all of that, it sounds like a moan-fest!!! Need to get a grip!!
    I don't really have anything planned for today - deliberately because I thought I'd need a rest - but I'm sure I'll be bored stiff by lunchtime. I'm not good at doing nothing. Will see OH later on this afternoon but until then I can amuse myself.
    Going to have a nice long bath, do a face mask and deep condition my hair, sort my eyebrows and defuzz and make myself feel human again.
    Also need to look at the banking, I get paid on Tuesday (thankfully) and could do with reassessing where I am now following this week's trials and tribulations.

Right, bubbles and lotions and potions here I come.....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Had a fairly busy morning so far - have taken the dogs to the big park for a good walk in the muck, then straight to sainsburys, put petrol in the hire car (little and often as I'm not sure how long I'll have it for) and home to tidy away clean washing and sort the kitchen, then, before I lost momentum, out for a 5km run. Felt quite good today even though it was blowing a gale. Hard work but kept going....

Have lost 4lbs since Xmas and would like to lose 3lbs more in January to make it a nice round half stone. Hopefully the hormones settling down will help that process.

Bought some hair dye so will sort out my roots today and give my nails a good file and buff. Need to keep on top of things a bit better, things have been so hectic for the past two weeks that I need to get back into a routine.

Going to whip the Hoover and a duster round, clean the bathrooms and wooden floors, put the last load of washing on and make sure everything is sorted for the work week. I'm in school tomorrow morning but at a meeting in Leeds in the afternoon so hopefully the traffic will be ok and I'll be home at a fairly respectable time.

Feeling quite positive today - it's amazing what some sleep and exercise do. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure