All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 8 September 2018 at 9:43AM
    Options
    Thank you Joey, Cat and Cumbria Lass. I made it to Friday afternoon in tact but was exhausted by the end of it. It's not just the physical tiredness it's the mental exhaustion from being nice to everyone all day, looking fascinated at everything and taking it all in. ;)
    I'll get the hang of it I'm sure.....

OH and I spent last night staring at the telly with a bottle of wine and a takeaway - it was quite comical really, both brain dead and shell shocked! An early night followed with a lie in until 8.30 has sorted me out though. Not sure about him, he's still fast asleep.
    I did the cleaning when I got home from work last night so the house is nice and clean and tidy and I don't have to worry about it this weekend. Need a bit of downtime so thought I'd get it out of the way before I collapsed in a heap :)
    I need to do a couple of loads of washing and some grocery shopping today but otherwise all chores are already done. I have a hair appointment at lunchtime and will pop to sainsburys afterwards - I don't need too much, there's still stuff in from last week and I've stocked up on toiletries and household things so it's just fresh food and things for the dog.
    I'm not doing any work today - have plenty of it to do but I'm trying to keep Saturdays for myself and have a complete day off. It can wait until tomorrow.

Need to walk the dog soon and, if my legs feel ok, I'd like to go a for a short run - I haven't been all week and I don't want to get out of the habit. We even ran on holidays (was that only last week?!) so work isn't an excuse......

Some financial news, apparently I get paid in the middle of the month now (it used to be in the last day) and payday is this Friday. I've only just been paid from the last job and I'm not sure whether I'll get a full month's pay or half of one so there may be a bit of juggling needed next weekend to get me through to the next pay day or it may be a bonus half month's extra pay if I get paid for the full month. Hope it's the latter but not holding my breath.

Right, better put the first load of washing in and get the dog out, it's raining though so he won't be keen......
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 10 September 2018 at 8:23PM
    Options
    Morning all! Just back from a dog walk before it rains again. Ended up going to IKEA with OH after the hairdressers yesterday afternoon. Actually really enjoyed it! Bought some towels, a door mat, a wok and colander - £45 spent but all needed. I ruined some of my towels recently by washing them with a rogue item and they're very dingy and only really fit for the dog now. The wok was more than 20 years old and manky and the door mat had also seen better days.

OH then made tea while I walked the dog and we watched a bit of telly and were in bed by 10pm and both fast asleep by 10.15. Slept right through until 7 - unheard of for me so I must have been tired.
    I did manage a run yesterday but it was really hard work - my legs felt like lumps of solid iron but at least I did it. I'm just waiting for my phone to charge a bit and then I'll do another run - hopefully it will be a bit easier today.
    I have tons of work to do today - probably about 5 hours or so - so will get cracking as soon as I've run. We're going to the Indiana Jones orchestral thing this evening so I need to get everything sorted today ASAP. I didn't manage to get to the supermarket yesterday so I need to pop out for bits today too. Will go for a break from work at some point.

I also need to move some money around to pay for the hair appointment yesterday (it was already budgeted for and put in a "holding" account ) and the shopping. I have the new towels washing now but also need to change the spare room bed, otherwise there's no housework to do.

So a busy day ahead.....

1. Walk dog - done
    2. Run - done
    3. Loads of school work - done
    4. Put dry washing away - done
    5. Wash spare bed - done
    6. Banking - done
    7. Food shopping - done
    8. Get clothes ready for tomorrow - done
    9. Make packed lunch for tomorrow - done
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Evening all....
    A long full day at work packed with teaching and meetings but all went well.
    Done a bit more work this evening and am just about up to date now.
    A bit of telly and an early night is in order....

We went to the Indiana Jones orchestral thing last night and didnt get back until around 11pm so getting up at 5.15 was hard work today :(
    But, it was really good - the musicians are so clever and performed really well - a real change to watch something like that. Would definitely do it again.

Did the grocery shopping at the local little tesco yesterday and spent £35 - probably more than if I'd gone to the supermarket but I just didn't have time.
    I still have £85 left in the grocery budget for the month so I should be ok.

No big plans for the week other than work and seeing OH on Wednesday evening - to be honest, I can't think more than one day ahead at the moment it's so busy.
    It's pay day on Friday so we'll see what that brings - strange being paid in the middle of the month.

Right, telly and bed - am shattered.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    A long day at work with not much sleep rounded off with delivering my first whole school training/presentation. I think it went ok but I'm knackered now.
    Have taken the dog to the park and am just waiting for tea to cook, just a jacket spud and beans and cheese tonight, I have no energy for anything more adventurous.

Some good news though.... I'll get paid a full months pay on Friday so effectively get an extra half months pay as I've not long been paid. Will have to think about how I distribute the extra money - I might move everything that's left from last month into savings or pay off the credit card and start afresh but I'll need to look at when direct debits etc go out to make sure I don't leave myself short. But, it's extra money not budgeted for so a nice problem to have :)

This evening will consist of another short dog walk, a quick tidy round, a bath and a tiny bit of work, followed by some telly and an early night. Hopefully I'll sleep better tonight now the big meeting is out of the way and I'm fairly up to date with work.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Happy days - at least you don't have to worry about making 2 weeks pay last a month. Pleased that it's all going well.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thanks Cat - hope your start to the school year is going to ok too?

Friday came and went uneventfully apart from a fire alarm, no big dramas.
    OH cooked a lovely two course dinner from scratch which we scoffed with some wine and, after a bit of telly, we were in bed by 10.30.
    Got up about 8.15 and came home to feed and walk the pooch (he tells me when it's time for going home for his breakfast!).
    Have done a 30 min walk, changed the bed, put a load of washing on, cleaned the wooden floors (did the hoovering and dusting last night), cleaned the kitchen, sorted the bins and had a shower. Getting organised because I'm going for a massage this morning - my neck and shoulders are killing me. Think it's just tense muscles from the lack of sleep, stress and standing up a lot again.
    Have a little list of things today so will pop back later when I'm all relaxed and floppy :)
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 15 September 2018 at 8:03PM
    Options
    Had a lovely massage - really helped my back, worth every penny :)
    Went to a vegan supermarket on the way home for a change - bought some nice fresh stuff that will be a refreshing change. All organic and preservative free - some ready made meals that will take a few mins to heat up after work - I'm attempting to eat better this week - and some bits and bobs and fruit for lunches. Need to pick up some chicken and treats for the dog and some diet coke tomorrow but otherwise have everything I need for the week.

Went out for a walk and coffee with OH this afternoon - had a nice couple of hours out and about. He's out with friends tonight so I'm having a nice quiet night in with the dog - I did toy with arranging a night out with my friends but after the last two weeks I need a quiet weekend.
    I'm looking forward to doing nothing and watching some telly for the rest of the evening.

Have also spent an hour sorting out the finances. I got paid yesterday but with an emergency tax code so it was £500 short - luckily I'd only just been paid two weeks earlier so it's not a problem and it will sort itself out next month hopefully. I've given them my tax code so there's no excuses.....
    I moved all of the money in the account left over from the last month's pay to a savings account (£800) and budgeted for the coming month on what I've actually been paid, including spending money, groceries, bills, petrol, direct debits, hair appointment and vet. I've also moved money into savings accounts for Xmas, holidays, house and garden and contingency money.
    Next month should be a good payday with my extra £500 tax back and a normal pay month. Fingers crossed.... That extra money can be saved or put towards a holiday .... ;) OH is talking about going somewhere for some of the half term holiday - I'd love to go away - need to make sure he keeps feeling that feeling!!

I have a few hours work to do tomorrow and want to go for a run but otherwise don't have anything big to do - will see OH at some point I'm sure but I'm determined to have at least some of my Sunday not thinking about work.

Right, Netflix and a glass of wine awaits.....
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 16 September 2018 at 9:01PM
    Options
    Morning all!
    Had an intermittent sleep last night but today is a new day.
    Got quite a bit to do this morning, mostly work related, so want to get on with it so I can have the rest of the day to myself.
    So, a little list.....

1. Walk the dog - done
    2. Go for a run
    3. Write the week's lessons - done
    4. Mark top set year 11 books
    5. Mark bottom set year 11 books
    6. Write action plan - done
    7. Do data check - done
    8. Buy chicken for the dog - done
    9. Put dry washing away - done
    10. Phone mum - done
    11. Get clothes ready for work - done
    12. One load of washing - done

That's everything I can think of for now - I'm sure other things will pop up.
    Right, better get on with the dog walking.....in the rain ....
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Have a good day MT - enjoy making your plans for half term. I am already planning a very quiet indeed half term, although I would love a holiday. :D
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Done about 4 hours work and am now up to date for the week apart from the marking which isn't urgent - might do one set later on but they're in the boot of the car and its absolutely pouring down. Not run yet either due to the monsoon outside.....it's freezing too, have put the heating on for an hour!

Going to have some lunch, a soak in the bath and get my clothes ready for the next few days - getting up at 5.15 and trying to find something to wear is not great so I try to do it the night before or on the weekend to save me time and stress in the morning ;)

Might investigate half term holidays this afternoon - this weather is enough to spur me on!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure