All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got bored and so did a big pile of ironing - I absolutely hate ironing but it's done now. Have also had a second cull of the work wardrobe with more going to the charity shop plus another bag full of paperbacks that I'll never read again.
    Whilst on a roll, I also hoovered and dusted the whole house - would have done it tomorrow anyway ready for the visitors so it's a good job out of the way. I've also had a tidy out of the fridge, putting things like curry and spicy foods in the freezer - don't think my insides could cope with that at the moment but I'm not going to waste it.

Was just looking around my house while cleaning and I'm actually quite proud of what I've achieved over the past few weeks - everything is spotless, decluttered and organised. If I can muster the energy to paint the bathroom I'll have pretty much done everything I can do myself. :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all! Stayed at OHs last night and finally slept fairly well. Woke up feeling rested - can't remember the last time that happened. It's amazing what a difference it makes :)
    Almost back to normal stomach wise too - so all good.

Have taken the dog to the park for 45 mins and am building up to going for a run. I need to do it today, even if it's only a short one, to stay in the habit. On the plus side, I've lost some weight this week and now have a flat stomach again ;) Bit of a drastic way of doing it though.....

Not sure what the day will bring yet - will spend some time with OH and do a couple of loads of washing but otherwise I don't have any plans. I have the visitors arriving tomorrow lunchtime and I'm pretty much ready for them apart from buying some fresh bits and pieces in the morning.

The top I ordered has arrived - it's really nice and am pleased with it - a keeper. Will have a think about what else I need to invest in for the autumn. I have seen a nice coat/mac that I like but am debating whether I'd get much wear out if it. I definitely need some new jeans for going out and some boots (unless I can get the mark out of my lovely comfy brown suede ankle boots - any advice would be appreciated!).
    I've been much better at making an effort since having a good tidy out but need to think about what I can wear in the autumn/winter that's not just jeans. The summer is easy as I have lots of nice maxi dresses and skirts etc but I find colder weather much more challenging - I just don't know what to go for so always resort to jeans and a smartish top. Hmmm.......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Run done -went well, 2nd fastest ever time for that route, only 2 secs slower than the fastest. Happy with that considering this past week :)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Going out for a late lunch in a country pub and for a walk around the grounds of a national trust park with OH . Am absolutely starving! Looking forward to it - I must be better!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    So pleased that you're feeling better MT - I hope you enjoyed your lunch :D
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hope it was a lovely lunch. Glad that you've starting to be hungry again, that's a good sign.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£460.00 (92%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£025.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thank you Cat and Joey. Had a lovely afternoon - couldn't finish all the lunch but it was massive (cheese, leek and onion pie with posh chips). Then a sedate stroll around and back to the sofa where OH promptly fell asleep for an hour. Had a nice cuddle and a good chat about some things that were bothering me about work etc - he then went home whilst I walked the dog. I'm going over to his house this evening as next door are having a party and have let me know it might be loud for a while.....
    Spoken to mum - she's excited to be coming to stay tomorrow - bracing myself already ;)
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Glad you are feeling better. Your tidying/ decluttering is impressive, well done!
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all.....it's pouring down here. I was planning to go for a run with OH this morning before the visitors arrive but it's not looking hopeful, I hate running in the rain.
    I have a few things to get done before my parents get here - walk the dog, pop to supermarket for supplies, put dry washing away, tidy the back garden, flick a duster round downstairs, clean the bathroom after I've used it.
    We're going out for lunch when they arrive but the weather may well delay them a bit - the M6 is rubbish at the best of times.....

Right, better get changed and crack on.
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Visitors have been and gone - all issue free thankfully. My family can be a trying bunch at times but no dramas this time :)
    They don't half make a mess though! They left at 9am (taking the dog and a big packed lunch with them) and I've spent the last hour and a half reconstructing and cleaning my house! All back to normal again now though and the washing machine is on with the first load of towels, bedding to follow.

I'm having my hair sorted at lunchtime - it's hugely overdue and I'm ashamed of my roots but it will all be sorted by this afternoon and I'll feel better about it.

We're off on holiday on Thursday evening but I'll spend all day Wednesday and Thursday in work sorting out the results - getting very nervous about it all now. This is the worst week of the year....
    On the holiday front, I'm pretty much ready - ironing is done and everything is clean and ready to go, just need to put it in a case. I have euros and just need to do the online check in - will have a go today.

If it stops raining I'll go for a quick run this morning to try to negate the excessive amounts of rubbish I've eaten this weekend. Need to be in a bikini on Friday...... Happily, it seems that I'm completely better now too - no more stomach issues :)
    I need to check the banking too and jiggle some money around.
    I also need to do an hour or so of work - will do it this afternoon after the hair appointment. I'm seeing OH this evening but probably won't stay as it's an early start at work tomorrow.

Trying to summon the oomph to go for a run - no more procrastination.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure