Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    That was a great post OP,
    I cant think of a better way to turn the thread around to make it all about you again.
    Great message to send to your daughter when you have said how worried you are that she might try to take her own life.

Im done with this thread. some people are beyond helping.
  • LadyDee
    LadyDee Posts: 4,293 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I worked in the mental health field for some years and cared for people with various problems, including OCD. We ran a day hospital where patients would attend on 1 to 5 days (according to need) and we used "behaviour modification" therapy (sorry if that phrase is non-PC nowadays) to treat our patients with excellent outcomes. I cannot remember any occasion where it was necessary for anybody with OCD to be admitted as an in-patient.
  • seashore22
    seashore22 Posts: 1,443 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 18 February 2018 at 12:04PM
    Options
    UN17ED wrote: »
    I have only felt up to coming on here to say I tried the cowards way out of the situation because after crying and begging and pleading with the local mental health unit to take my daughter in they refused so I took an overdose but failed and after being taken to hospital and after speaking to a psychiatrist was discharged at twenty to six this morning and here I am feeling ill and no doubt will get dogs abuse for doing what I did.

So you thought it would be a great idea, within 2 hours of being discharged, to come on here and tell us that and assume you will get abused? Hmm.

I won't give you what you want, which appears to be the abuse you expect, but I will say that we had a close friend who genuinely tried to take his own life. Thank God he failed. Now try and imagine how I feel about your post.

Yes this thread should be locked.
  • Chickabiddybex
    Options
    If you're having suicidal thoughts, try to ask someone for help. It may be difficult at this time, but it's important to know you're not beyond help and you're not alone.
    https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/suicide/getting-help/

The Samaritan's are always there to talk just call 116 123
    Or email jo@samaritans.org

I'm locking this thread now.
    Hi. I'm a Board Guide on the Gaming, Consumer Rights, Ebay and Praise/Vent boards. I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum running smoothly. Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com (it's not part of my role to deal with abuse). Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure