Sainsburys disability discrimination

Options

Comments

• NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    UN17ED wrote: »
    So you can't answer the questions of how you would handle this situation if it were your daughter just like Pollycat and other who have questioned my behaviour and attitude and that of my daughter saying I am enabling her.

I would like to see how you or anyone else who has said the above would deal with it.
    So because I don't agree with the way we have been treated by Sainsburys or disagree with what someone on here says makes me antagonistic? Well so be it.

No. I can see by the way you have posted here that you are antagonistic. It is not about disagreeing - it is about the way you do it.

What I will tell you is that my ex began to get better from her issues when she started to understand her problems and work on them herself -with support from myself and others. I also learnt that some of the mistakes I made in the early days were giving in to her far too easily. If I had to go through that again I would be tougher with her.
  • UN17ED
    UN17ED Posts: 453 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    There are helplines like Mind that you could call to talk through your approach to your daughter, to give you support.

I have contacted Mind, Saneline, ReThink and many more and they are of the same opinion that the only form of treatment is for her to be sectioned as my daughter is not able to cope with everyday life but like a lot of people in our area who because of the lack of support of mental health we fear that we will be doing what no parent should ever do and that is to bury their own child.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have contacted Mind, Saneline, ReThink and many more and they are of the same opinion that the only form of treatment is for her to be sectioned as my daughter is not able to cope with everyday life but like a lot of people in our area who because of the lack of support of mental health we fear that we will be doing what no parent should ever do and that is to bury their own child.

But I was also asking how you are getting help with stopping enabling her.
  • UN17ED
    Options
    NeilCr wrote: »
    No. I can see by the way you have posted here that you are antagonistic. It is not about disagreeing - it is about the way you do it.

What I will tell you is that my ex began to get better from her issues when she started to understand her problems and began to work on them herself -with support from myself and others. I also learnt that some of the mistakes I made in the early days were giving in to her far too easily. If I had to go through that again I would be tougher with her.

So what is it that I have done in this whole saga that is antagonistic?
    You still haven't said how you would deal with it if it were your daughter.
  • UN17ED
    Options
    hollydays wrote: »
    But I was also asking how you are getting help with stopping enabling her.

It isn't enabling her, how would you deal with the whole situation without the possibility of losing your son or daughter?
  • NeilCr
    NeilCr Posts: 4,430 Forumite
    Options
    You still haven't said how you would deal with it if it were your daughter.

No I haven’t. And I have explained why.
  • hollydays
    hollydays Posts: 19,812 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 13 February 2018 at 12:33AM
    Options
    It isn't enabling her, how would you deal with the whole situation without the possibility of losing your son or daughter?

How are you so sure you are not enabling her?
    If it was me, I would be getting support, going to,support groups talking to people similar to myself , talking to helplines all the time to get tips on how to make her independent and confident. I would also be reading books , I would realise I needed to learn the best way to deal with her. I would realise I wasnt responsible for her, and there was a lot I could learn.
  • baza52
    baza52 Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    when a member of staff or a customer comes near your daughter when your shopping with her do you kick up a fuss because they are near or do you reasure your daughter that its what happens in a public place. What do you say or do when she is using wipes etc?
  • DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Options
    takman wrote: »
    I was thinking of Scan as you Shop but I've just realised Sainsburys doesn't have this!.

They have a scan and go option, not all stores have it, its similar to the Waitrose Quick Check.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,692 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    So I'll ask you directly what would you do if it were your daughter?
    I apply blame where blame is due and stand by everything I've done, it's always different until something like this happens to you then you will be seeing things a different way.
    <<sighs>>

You just don't get it do you?
    It isn't my daughter.

My last posts were about the benefit you were getting (or not) from continuing posting on this thread.
    I really do hope that it's helping you to continue arguing with posters.
    But it won't be with me anymore.

One last piece of advice re this:
    we have sent an email to our local mp outlining what happened with Sainsburys
    I hope you've been much clearer about what actually happened in Sainsbury's than you have been on this thread.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure