Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

What are you making for dinner? - Page 204

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

What are you making for dinner?

6.6K replies 429.1K views

Replies

• maddiemaymaddiemay Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    It was still too hot to want to cook yesterday, especially after working in the garden, ended up with hard boiled egg, corned beef, beetroot, mixed salad and HM coleslaw, was rather irritated cos my mayonnaise split while I was trying to make it and the stick blender seemed to be getting a bit warm:eek:, ended up using 2 more egg yolks, but did get about half quantity, the other half of the split batch is in the fridge, need to decide whether to dispose of it and how? or to try and use it later:)
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    The last of the soup for lunch today and a cold ham salad for supper tonight. Berries and fat free yoghurt for pudding and the usual cup of black coffee.

I'm so fed up with this heat, I like cooking and it's just too hot to either want hot meals or have the energy and stamina to cook in a broiling hot kitchen!
  • maisymoo5maisymoo5 Forumite
    137 posts
    Third Anniversary
    yesterday was turkey burgers cooked on the bbq and tonight's dinner is going to be flat iron steak, roasted new potatoes and salad
  • PollycatPollycat Forumite
    28.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Savvy Shopper!
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gammon, new potatoes and eggs for us tonight.
  • IslandmaidIslandmaid Forumite
    5.2K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! PPI Party Pooper
    ✭✭✭✭
    A massive salad here, Gammon, hard boiled eggs, lettuce, peppers, tomatoes, cucumber, beetroot, spring onions, radish, celery, HM coleslaw - HM seeded bread rolls for the men and a few LO new potatoes

I made a Low Carb cheesecake yesterday, Marscapone, double cream, cream cheese, sugar free jelly and fresh raspberries stirred through, it was really tasty, I haven't had anything sweet for ages :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • OakdeneOakdene Forumite
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Got a chicken breast in the fridge which I will have along with some chorizo & rice.
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • Egon76Egon76 Forumite
    37 posts
    Fish and potatoe wedges tonight.
    Dec 2018 Mortgage 1 house € 100382.05 / € 135000 Overpayment 2020 saved € 0 / € 6750
    Dec 2018 Mortgage 2 house € 76550.72 / € 85000
    Dec 2018 Renovation credit € 32659.17 / € 50000 Overpayment 2020 saved € 0 / € 2500
    Dec 2018 Mortgage flat € 94391.98 / € 113000
    Bathroom renovation saving € 5000
  • hatful-of-hollowhatful-of-hollow Forumite
    937 posts
    Tenth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Roast chicken, roast potatoes, home grown carrots, savoy cabbage, peas, stuffing and gravy for dinner tonight.
  • Piedmont peppers with courgette fritters, plenty leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kitchen out of action today (ancient ceiling being replaced) so we!!!8217;re having Spanish chicken that I made yesterday plus one of those cheating Merchant Gourmet mixed grain things.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can