PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Huge jacket potatoes for the men, with prawn mayo or tuna mayo

Chicken salad for me :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Last night’s leftover roast peppers chopped up and mixed through some pasta, served with the last portion of gammon from the freezer and some home-grown salad leaves.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,693 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    klew356 wrote: »
    Ps: I trid halloumi, grilled, it was ok, not inedible but rubbery and slightly salty !!!8211; I would eat it again

If you have any left try it battered or breadcrumbed like fish, it's got a completely different taste.

Can't remember posting yesterday, but we had salad and actifry wedges. Steak, tuna and egg for protein.

Tonight we had fish parcels, I had smoked haddock in mine, the others had salmon and prawns in theirs. Served with dauphinose potatoes, spinach, tomatoes, mushrooms and green beans.
    I was craving an apple crumble so opened a tin of apples and made some crumble, served with ice cream.
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    More effing salad as it's too hot for much else, this time with HM chicken nuggets for me. OH just been picking as it's too hot for him.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• maddiemay
    maddiemay Posts: 4,986 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Mrs Lurcherwalker - that sounds a great idea I will add some digestives to the shopping list:D

Another one for smoked mackerel salad, very tasty.
    The best thing about the future is that it comes one day at a time. (Abraham Lincoln)
  • Hopeless_Case
    Options
    klew356 wrote: »
    Ps: I trid halloumi, grilled, it was ok, not inedible but rubbery and slightly salty !!!8211; I would eat it again

I love halloumi! I bought some YS 'grilling cheese' in Mr T which was a cheaper brand anyway, and turned out to be cow's milk rather than goats or sheeps, well it was only 40p a pack so rude not too :D:D (in fact I bought 5 packs :o)

Daughters were a bit sniffy at first and it wasn't quite as nice, but it was ok :)

Really fancied a jacket potato last night despite the heat, so I cooked the whole pack to save leccy :D, and had it with humous, and coleslaw - lovey

I'm going to have grilled courgettes and mushrooms on rice tonight with garlic and a few pine nuts added, and do a piece of cod for OH
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,511 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Chicken Cacciatore here tonight, with spaghetti for the men, on its own for me :)
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Need2bthrifty
    Need2bthrifty Posts: 1,470 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leftovers again today :D, dinner is couple of days old courgette fritters, served with roasted radish, sweet potato wedges all drizzled with a tahini, garlic & dill sauce.

Lunch will be yesterdays pasta salad, cold meat, lettuce & beetroot.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Having sorted out the freezers yesterday I now know what I have to use up before the move happens. The small freezer sadly did not survive being moved indoors and was making the most horrific racket so it's gone to the tip and the big one in the kitchen is only 1/4 full now yippee!

So our lunch today will be a tuna and sweetcorn salad (found 2 x unopened packs of sweetcorn buried in the home growns and our supper this evening will be ham omelettes with a jacket potato (re-heated) and some steamed carrots, peas and courgettes in some form or other, berries and fat free yoghurt if we want them and the coffee as usual.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Fish, new potatoes and a small side salad.
    Just going to do some fruit for breakfast.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback