PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Yesterday I had a minging pizza.... bl00dy awful it was. Insubstantial, tasteless and the base was rank. I am mightily miffed because I bought it as a "treat" and instead it was an endurance. £2.25 reduced from £2.75 this week.

Just looked it up, Stonebaked. https://www.sainsburys.co.uk/shop/gb/groceries/sainsburys-stonebaked-hot---spicy-pizza-10 - just so you know they're minging :)

Won't bother again ... ever. Base was like crispy cardboard.... and the toppings so tight in portion that you'd think there was a War on. It also wasn't spicy... imho.

Still ate the whole thing ... as you do - even though a 10" pizza is technically two portions.
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I’m going to try Briam tonight. I think it was Pollycat who mentioned it before, apologies if I’m wrong, but I had to google to find out what it was and thought, yummy, my kind of dish :cool:

i am also going to try this with pork chops one night it sounds delicious and tasty! :T

Lunch is baked tattie and tuna mayo

Tea tonight should be pork but I quite fancy chips, haha

:rotfl:
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Sea bass, green salad and crusty bread. Yogurt and pineapple for pud.
  • maisymoo5
    maisymoo5 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    last night the OH and I were out in the garden enjoying the sunshine until late with a bottle of wine so dinner was a a late pizza. Naughty!

I've been scrubbing the house today from top to bottom taking advantage of the cooler weather so I CBA to make anything for dinner again tonight. Baked spud and baked beans for me and chicken and pitta for the OH
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,143 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Pork loin thingies tonight with greens, stuffing and roast pots. I don!!!8217;t think I!!!8217;ve ever been so hot as cooking tonight!

Eton Mess for pudding.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,637 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Cheese salad (mature cheddar, blue stilton, brie) with minted new potatoes and a range of salad dressings
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,683 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    It's still really hot here, can't sleep, can't cook, can't do much really.
    After getting in from work, eating an ice lolly and drinking a bottle of fizz I wasn't hungry. I made husband some fish, a few oven chips, and some mushy peas. I put some scampi in the oven for myself, half way through cooking it, I changed my mind and put a calzone pizza in the oven. Afterwards I had another ice lolly. (Husband got scampi and his fish)
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 28 July 2018 at 9:13AM
    Lunch today will be hummus, pea and mint dip and veg sticks and supper this evening will be savoury mince (cooler weather so I can face cooking again), steamed veg and gravy followed by blackberries and fat free yoghurt and coffee.

Change of main as He Who Knows fancies a veg chilli of some kind!
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Dinner will be cold ham, homemade new potato salad, green salad and a crusty bread roll for MrC. Dessert will be chopped bananas and vanilla ice cream.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,500 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    We are taking DS2 out for lunch to celebrate his new job.

If anyone needs supper I will make omelettes, quick and tasty:D
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family