PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• London_1
    London_1 Posts: 1,573 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    I am having a large salad, probably around 4.00.pm. as I just had a big bowl of porridge which fills me up for most of the day.

It will consist of shredded Lettuce ,diced tomato, cucumber radishes, some baby potatoes ,some grated cheese, sliced beetroot, diced red pepper and some of the packet of wafer thin ham I bought yesterday I shred three slices up and sprinkle it over the top.I also have some Roquefort cheese in an unopened packet in the fridge so I will crumble some of that over the top. that will fill me up for the rest of the day. if I get peckish this evening I will have some more of the Roquefort cheese with some crackers and some of the black grapes in the fridge for supper. Its using up what I have and apart from boiling a few baby salad spuds its the only cooking I have to do. I will make a few extra to use tomorrow. I bought my salad bits in M&S yesterday and it will last me for most of a week.i like salads as I can add odds and ends to bulk them out. Helps to use up odds and ends plus the weather being nice I much prefer relaxing in my garden or conservatory in the sun to slaving over a stove :) 

JackieO xx
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Trying a new Indian style tray bake for them, basically an all in one curry. 

Not sure for me, probably omelette 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,838 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    burgers!  and OH bought a iceberg lettuce.  We already have on untouched in the fridge but hey ho!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • happydenial
    happydenial Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    I’m pooped, so I got a Greggs TGTG bag - we will share a sausage roll, chicken bake and a steak bake with another big salad and leftover new potatoes. Doughnuts for after if anyone’s still hungry.

Not the healthiest, but needs must and all 4 fed for £2.95 + salad! 
    Books read 2023 - 49/75

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Did a 'top up' shop today. Now don't get me wrong, the cupboards were looking seriously bare and it did include 24 toilet rolls but £68! Ouch! 

Dinner for me was fish fingers, fries (both bought today) and LO beans.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    I was very disappointed at my last Gregg's tgtg bag @happydenial. I got one tuna crunch baguette, one doughnut and one chicken bake.  I'm pleased to hear yours was better. 

Tonight, daughter was out. Husband and I had salad, mine with breaded halloumi and husband had ham and pork pie, with his. Quick and easy.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,498 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Field mushroom and halloumi burgers for us tonight with salad, obs no bun for me
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,838 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    We're out being sociable this evening at a local greek cypriot restaurant.  Not sure if I'm looking forward most to the food or the friends!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,680 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Nando's fakeaway here, chicken, halloumi, rice, roasted veg, mushrooms, corn on the cob and coleslaw leftover from yesterday.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.9K Life & Family
  • 247.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback