What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,618
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Forumite
    @Brie my husband gets back issues all the time and is in absolute agony with it. He actually had an MRI to find out what the issue was, followed by physiotherapy that really helped but it's just now affected another area.  Hope you soon feel better.

Today its pork, and the usual Sunday accompaniments. Although daughter will be moaning because its bbq weather apparently. 
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,208
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    JIL said:
    @Brie my husband gets back issues all the time and is in absolute agony with it. He actually had an MRI to find out what the issue was, followed by physiotherapy that really helped but it's just now affected another area.  Hope you soon feel better.

Today its pork, and the usual Sunday accompaniments. Although daughter will be moaning because its bbq weather apparently. 
    It's an ongoing twinge for me but when it really pulls I get out the ibu and that soon sorts it.  (that and gin.....)

Snap to the pork but I agree with your daughter and I'm wondering whether I should do it on the bbq.  Just need the OH to hook up the new tank of propane after replacing the new connector hose.  (so that's a no then)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,448
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    @Brie hope you are on the mend, and are being kept hydrated (🍾🥂🍸🍹🧊) in this weather - maybe a little hand bell to alert Mr B that you need a refill 🤣

Weather is HOT and we’re loving it - dinner will be later once it cools a bit - BBQ steak and a French style carrot salad. Quick pickled some sad looking cucumber too - love this time of year, so easy 👍
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Brie
    Forumite
    @Brie hope you are on the mend, and are being kept hydrated (🍾🥂🍸🍹🧊) in this weather - maybe a little hand bell to alert Mr B that you need a refill 🤣

Weather is HOT and we’re loving it - dinner will be later once it cools a bit - BBQ steak and a French style carrot salad. Quick pickled some sad looking cucumber too - love this time of year, so easy 👍
    A chance would be a fine thing - the OH doesn't do drinks orders normally!!  At least not beyond the proffer of a cuppa tea about twice a week!

BTW - what's a french style carrot salad?  I need some new salad ideas - OH is happy with iceberg, cuke and tomato, maybe some onion but it rarely goes beyond that.  I'll make a mushroom & tomato vinagrette if we're having a crowd (rarely) or have made panzanella salad if I've got some nice stale bread and the rest.  
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Islandmaid
    Forumite
    @Brie I thick grate carrots, I work on 1 decent size carrot each, fine sliced green bit of a bunch of spring onions . The dressing is 2 x teaspoons of grain mustard, a glue of good olive oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper to taste. Stir it all together about 10 minutes before serving. Seemples 😊

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    @Brie and @C_J have either of you (or Mr CJ) looked in to reflexology at all? Our friend (bug burley site foreman) had terrible sciatica years ago and tried everything. He was at his wits end and ended up going to a reflexologist, something he'd normally scoff atm Sciatica sorted. 

Dinner yesterday ended up being some cheese and tomato tortellini. It would have had garlic bread except it was found to be growing fur.

It's our anniversary today, so went out for brunch, except found they stopped serving brunch at 11.30 (my definition if brunch is breakfast over lunchtime and nothing online said they stopped so early so was a bit annoyed) Nothing on the main food menu we particularly wanted so left and headed to Mr S and picked up a few bits for a bbq (air fryer style) instead. Which really hit the spot. So raspberries to the restaurant who lost our custom.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Brie
    Forumite
    kerri_gt said:
    @Brie and @C_J have either of you (or Mr CJ) looked in to reflexology at all? Our friend (bug burley site foreman) had terrible sciatica years ago and tried everything. He was at his wits end and ended up going to a reflexologist, something he'd normally scoff atm Sciatica sorted. 

Dinner yesterday ended up being some cheese and tomato tortellini. It would have had garlic bread except it was found to be growing fur.

It's our anniversary today, so went out for brunch, except found they stopped serving brunch at 11.30 (my definition if brunch is breakfast over lunchtime and nothing online said they stopped so early so was a bit annoyed) Nothing on the main food menu we particularly wanted so left and headed to Mr S and picked up a few bits for a bbq (air fryer style) instead. Which really hit the spot. So raspberries to the restaurant who lost our custom.
    Oh reflexology!  I went for a session about 30 years back.  I guess I'm due for another.

Yuck to the furry bread and the silly restaurant.  I suppose they wanted to get on with Sunday lunches.  Glad you sorted it and had a nice anniversary!
  • Islandmaid
    Forumite
    Another sunny day, a bit breezy though.

have given OH a time limit for him working today, he needs to finish by 12.  He’s building a man cave at the bottom of the garden, the oversite goes on tomorrow, so all the plumbing and conduit needs to be in place beforehand.

For lunch have chopped melon and pineapple for picking at, made smoked mackerel pate and crackers, dinner will be HM beef burgers with salads etc wine may be taken 🥂

£300/£130
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Forumite
    It is a lovely day isn't it but same here IM it's breezy. 
    I have potting up of some seedlings which really should have been done long before now to do. My spinach seems to have got a bit scorched in the sun, I haven't grown it before but it seems rather Goldilocks. Doesn't really like the back, too shady, but doesn't really like the front as too sunny. Deff won't like the side as that's the drive and it will get run over 🤣

@Brie yes, I expect they did want to get on with Sunday lunch, although a bit of egg and toast isn't terribly taxing to do too. Still, on balance (it wasn't cheap there even though it's a Chef and Brewer so nothing fancy pants, was over £10 for a pint and a coke) we much preferred our snap decision air fryer bbq, and more MSE too.

Not sure what today will be. I am having a 'doing' day after taking yesterday off of doing much productive. OH is going out so not sure when or if the twains will meet or it might be 'there's the fridge...forage away'
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• sarahj1986
    sarahj1986 Posts: 1,609
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Forumite
    Chicken sausages, potatoes and sweetcorn
    :money::rotfl::T
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.6K Banking & Borrowing