PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,992 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a meal from SA - chilli + jacket potato + cheese ding and done.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 75/78
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £20.09/£100 NSD - 91
    2024 Craft Makes - 228 Craft Spends 2024 £327.42/£500
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,272 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    chicken tacos - there's a kit with the tortilla/tacos & cooking sauce they're selling at Aldi and OH bought 2 of those (bbd 2025 I believe) and some boneless chicken thighs.  We've lettuce, spring onions, tomatoes, creme fraiche and guac.  Oh and extra tortilla chips and salsa too.  

and we had a lovely breakfast of bake at home sourdough rolls and eier im glas.  Only issue I had with it was the chives from the garden seemed a bit woody for some reason - I'd avoided the flowering stalks so it was a bit of a surprise.  

Two Peeled Soft-Boiled Eggs in a Glass (with stem): Vienna Coffee-House Virility (Recipe) #EierImGlas | Jewish Food of Vienna (jewishviennesefood.com)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    We had an Indian takeaway from our local, which made a lovely change and was actually very tasty.
  • happydenial
    happydenial Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have been awol due to a busy but lovely half term, so just catching up. Had quite a few visitors to cater for this week and also a lot of eating out so the budget has suffered 😬 

Yesterday we had a day out with friends who suggested we go to Five Guys for dinner, sure why not, we said - £58 later (FIFTY EIGHT POUNDS) for 4 burgers and a large chips, I wished we’d declined! It was nice but…..!! 

Today we had relatives over, did a big walk and had a drink in the pub but I made dinner for everyone - we had chicken tikka thighs, Chana masala, mustard seed and ginger green beans, and turmeric/pea rice. Delicious, economical (£15ish for 6 people?) and leftovers in the fridge 👍
    Books read 2023 - 49/75

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,992 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Probably won't have any dinner as it is cafe church this afternoon.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 75/78
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £20.09/£100 NSD - 91
    2024 Craft Makes - 228 Craft Spends 2024 £327.42/£500
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have some minced beef to use up so will be making a cottage pie tonight. The weather’s a bit warm for cottage pie, but never mind!

Also making an apple pie for this week’s puds.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,529 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 4 June 2023 at 12:11PM
    Options
    Lazy Sunday, basic bbq with sausages salad etc

EDIT:  got peckish at lunchtime so roasted padron peppers, wrapped sliced halloumi in bacon, roasted some mixed nuts in salt, rosemary and chicory root syrup (like sugar free honey) and made some salami crisp - as it turned into a tapa’s style lunch, felt obliged to make sangria - well that’s our after sorted 🤣😜
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,703 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Chicken dinner here today and we are going away for a few days so I'm using bacon that's getting close to its use by to make pigs in blankets.  Will plate up two for the inlaws for tomorrow.

I will be having an aldi vegan battered sausage with mine, my newly found, go to.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,272 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Herdez kit to make tacos last night were most excellent. (currently being sold at Aldi)  Dead easy and delicious.

Tonight it's burgers and I'm hoping that OH will have the new hose on the propane Weber so it can be all done outside (so minimal washing up!!).
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • happydenial
    happydenial Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Leftover curry for lunch here, and bbq later. Nipped out to M&S this morning and got their 3 for £12 offer - obviously bought the biggest packs of things - pack of ‘posh dogs’ which went straight in the freezer, 4 Aberdeen Angus burgers (2 of which will be frozen as I’ll have a veggie one and we’re a child down) and some Korean pork belly strips. Will also cook some asparagus, make a big salad and do a few wedges in the air fryer. 
    Books read 2023 - 49/75

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure