PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,659 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    They say no rain here until tomorrow although it is a bit more cloudy.  So OH will do the honking big beef rib roast on the Weber and plans on serving it with jerseys and corn on the cob. 

@Islandmaid
    meatballs is the only reason to go to ikea IMHO. 
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    A fridge clearout tonight: bacon, egg, sausage, a couple of mushrooms and leftover new potatoes cooked in the air fryer.
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,062 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Eggs and chips tonight.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering - 2024 - 4,177 June - 1926/21
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £23.32/£100 NSD - 108
    2024 Craft Makes - 235 Craft Spends 2024 £403.10/£500
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Had a lovely evening, 100 watt club was great, then out for a late dinner at an Anatolian restaurant, grilled meat and salad - perfect 🤩 

Skipped Ikea, too blooming warm, so back to the Island before lunchtime. 

Maybe frittata and salad or pork Larb - both easy and tasty 👌
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • happydenial
    happydenial Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Fun but tiring weekend, was glad of the rain earlier to cool things down a bit and water the garden.

We had breaded chicken steaks, buttered jersey royals, roasted asparagus and a big salad. 
    Books read 2023 - 49/75

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,713 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Home after a brilliant weeks holiday. 
    I boiled the huge gammon joint I had in the fridge and made dinner for husband and inlaws using actifry roast potatoes, swede and carrot mash, spring greens and jerseys.
    I made myself a tuna steak and potato salad with jerseys and had a few tomatoes that seemed to have lasted in the fridge. I must get some fresh shopping in tomorrow.

Really must try to lose a couple of stone, I saw a photo of me from the back and was definitely looking "lumpy"
  • hatful-of-hollow
    Options
    Doing the weekly shop this morning then a bit of fence painting in the garden this afternoon so something quick needed for dinner, I'm thinking a beef and broccoli stir fry with noodles.
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,556 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Ended up just picking last night, so will make the Larb tonight :)

The strawberries in the garden have turned red, so that’s pudding sorted 🫶
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,061 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am stretching yesterday's roast chicken to feed us for the next couple of days. Despite the heat, I've whipped up a bit of pastry and will make a pie - chicken and leek in cream sauce. That might feed us twice, and I have plenty of green veg to go with it.

Remainder of the chicken will go into (a) chicken, chilli and refried bean tostadas on Wednesday, and (b) chicken and veg egg fried rice on Thursday. There might even be a few prawns in the freezer to add to that too.  Carcass will be made into stock for soups another time.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,659 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Rib roast was set aside on Saturday in favour of some chicken kievs with the jerseys.  Nice and simple.

So last night OH took the roast and sensibly cut it into 4 steaks instead - much more enjoyable frankly.  We had 2 last night with jackets and corn and will have the other 2 tonight with bread and salad.  I might use the mozza with some tomato and onion.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure