What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Hello guys! I just want to tell you that tonight I am going to make dinner for my mom and my wife I want to surprise them, that i wwas making food for them.
    Can anyone tell mee what should I cook for them??
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,298
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    Can anyone tell mee what should I cook for them??
    Watcha got in the cupboard or fridge?  And what do they like??  How good a cook are you?

With this weather salads are often a good choice.  Add some ham and/or cheese and/or hard boiled eggs and/or tuna mayo.  If you need to go shopping maybe get one of those roasted chickens that some supermarket sell, a nice baguette and lots of lovely tomatoes.

Last night OH had a scotch egg and a mini pork pie with his salad.  I didn't fancy lettuce so took a tin of Tescos 3 bean salad (drained and rinsed thoroughly) added finely chopped onion, roughly chopped basil and tomatoes and dressed with a bit of lemon juice, olive oil, dash or worcester, salt & pepper.  Went very nicely with a couple of slices of ham and a bit of mozzarella. 

OH has bought some mackerel to have tomorrow night with the remaining bean salad.  Tonight we've got some Indian ready meals with extra samosas.  If there's enough yoghurt I'll likely make a raita as we've lots of cucumber.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,787
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Not long been back from visiting Mr F - did chicken goujons in wraps with salad and hot mayonnaise.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 413/2024 Feb - 864/406
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 First 4 Week Period £11.75/£100 2nd £33.71/£100 3rd £28.54/£100 NSD - 40
    2024 Craft Makes - 79 Craft Spends 2024 £186.95/£500
  • Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,456
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Forumite
    Takeaway tonight, the kids are moving out tomorrow 🥲 very sad they are going, but pleased that they will have their own place, and we get ours back 😂  we’ll be seeing them lots, in fact, on Sunday they are back till Wednesday as my DS got his dates wrong and has to work 3 day’s next week 🫣 

Will miss Noah (gs4) it’s been lovely sharing his life x
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,787
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Forumite
    Same again tonight - wraps with chicken goujons & salad and hot mayonnaise.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 413/2024 Feb - 864/406
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 First 4 Week Period £11.75/£100 2nd £33.71/£100 3rd £28.54/£100 NSD - 40
    2024 Craft Makes - 79 Craft Spends 2024 £186.95/£500
  • Islandmaid
    Forumite
    Just us tonight, making chicken Kiev’s using crushed pork scratchings as ‘breading’ new potatoes for him, with salad. Will make lemon posset for pud.

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,009
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Forumite
    I’m slow cooking some beef cubes with onion, mushroom, garlic, chilli, ginger, spinach, chopped fresh tomatoes, rogan josh paste and coconut milk. It’s smelling sooooo good!

I only had to buy the beef, everything else was free from the Community Fridge yesterday.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,298
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Forumite
    So hot this afternoon I decided we'll have burgers.  Was shocked to find that the fresh ones at Tesco were about 83% beef with the rest being all sorts of additives, pepper listed twice and something labelled as "bamboo fibre"!!  Obviously it must be edible but I've never seen this before so was really surprised.  So while they were £2.75 (I think) I decided to get the Finest frozen ones at £3.75 as they're 97% beef with only salt and pepper added.  Also got brioche buns of which I'm not a massive fan but they were the only ones in a four pack, had long bbf dates so nice and fresh and weren't too bad a price. OH likes them best so he'll be happy - I will only have 1 at most and have some salad to go with the second burger (yes we always have 2 each).  I shall say no to chips though - too hot to have the over on!!!
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,465
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Using up the last of the tatties to make Ikea meatballs & mash. A bag of Ikea meatballs is now £7(!!!), I think these will be a treat from now on!
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • Islandmaid
    Forumite
    Taking OH out for lunch at a favourite spot for Father’s day, Franks coming too, bet he won’t pay though 🤣🤣

£300/£130
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 341.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 233.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.8K Travel & Transport