PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    I think it's the salt we crave when ill.
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you feel better soon @Florenceem! This must be the last thing you need, so please look after yourself.

Tonight I am making a roast pork dinner with two humongous pork chops from the butcher and almost all the veg coming from the community fridge yesterday - I’ll do roast potatoes, carrots, cabbage, apple sauce, garlicky parsnip purée, peas and gravy. The Fridge also had some slightly dry brioche buns which I have turned into a bread and butter pudding (with the addition of a drained tin of apricot halves) for this week’s puds.
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 21 May 2023 at 11:32AM
    Options
    @kerri_gt I think you are onto something there. I never really thought about it like that.  I remember sitting up in bed, McDonald's bag on my knee, filet of fish burger and chips.  Husband was more than happy to cook for me, but it was a definite craving.

Today on the menu is beef and yorkshire puddings. Cauliflower cheese, green beans, cabbage and carrots. I will plate up 2 dinners for the inlaws that they can have tomorrow. If I lived nearer, there would also be one for @florenceem, (who I hope is soon on the mend )
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,015 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JIL - thanks for the kind thought but I expect I wouldn't do justice to a lovely meal.
    More hot dogs in the fridge - may have tinned tomatoes with them tonight for a change - really can't say what I fancy - well I would like a cuddle with Mr F but can't have that.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 132/231
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £37.54/£100 NSD - 96
    2024 Craft Makes - 229 Craft Spends 2024 £344.41/£500
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    @Florenceem not the same, but here's a virtual *hug* 🤗 

Not sure what today will be, I've been spending the weekend making the most of the good weather working on furniture items that are stacking up our garage. 6hrs yesterday and back out at it today.Anyone who thinks upcycling is slapping a coat of paint on has no understanding of the process to be done well. Hours of prep go in before paint even comes out. So will be something easy I think. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 21 May 2023 at 3:47PM
    Options
    Hottest day of the year so far here - loving it 😊 doors are wide open, Noah’s ‘helping’ grandpa in the garden, Frank is flaked out shade bathing - lovely 🥰 

night out with friends was great, DH is a little fragile this morning, I am surprisingly okay 👌 

DH is prepping the garden for the team to come in Tuesday to start the base for our garden office, I’ve been washing everything that needs doing, feeling slightly smug that the solar panels are doing their job and we’re running the house for free 80% of the time so far (they were fitted January), including charging the car 🙌 definitely worth the missing holidays to pay for it.

EDIT:  forgot what’s for dinner 🫣 basic BBQ butchers sausages, HM burgers and homegrown Asparagus, got some St Agur cheese that near on walking out of the fridge, so will make a sauce with that to dip asparagus in 
    Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • lianne1984
    lianne1984 Posts: 303 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    @Florenceem hope you feel better soon!!

@Islandmaid would LOVE to be down there with this lovely weather right now, roll on July!

Dinner tonight was a pasta bake 
    February NSDs: 0 / 10
    February PADs:  2 / 29
    February Groceries Challenge: £59 / £250
    February Make £5 a Day: £255 / £145
    Current Debt: £3159  | CC £1490 | N £571 | C £725 | E £373
    Weight Loss Challenge 2024: 0 lbs

• kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had a sad-looking courgette and aubergine to use so lentil and veg lasagna for tea tonight.
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback