PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Options

Comments

• kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    Options
    OH had the last piece of breaded fish from the freezer with mash and beans.

I had a lonely sausage from the freezer with Jersey royals and beans (would've preferred broccoli but easier not to use another pan)

Extra cooked Jersey's turned into potato salad (incl chives from the garden). Also opened some tuna and sweetcorn and made some sandwich filler for lunch tomorrow. 

Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,707 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 May 2023 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Been out for lunch, just a sandwich and a coffee, which is probably what I would have if I was at home. So why do I not feel hungry?

Will do a salad that I can have later if I get hungry, if not that's tomorrows lunch.
  • Brie
    Brie Posts: 10,414 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    soup and cheese for supper.  unless I decided to make a tuna bun to go with my soup.  must remember to take the spare box of instant borscht to work tomorrow.  I don't mind if it get used up by others as it's close to it's BBD and I do have another to use at home.  Hoping this will prevent me buying sandwiches or whatever when I work the long shift on Wednesdays (a full 5 hours!!!)
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 8,014 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I had the last of the Ald.Bockwurst with LO tinned tomatoes.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 3,129 May - 132/231
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £37.54/£100 NSD - 96
    2024 Craft Makes - 229 Craft Spends 2024 £344.41/£500
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    C_J said:
    My never-ending quest to run down the big freezer has unearthed two small battered cod fillets so we’re having those tonight, either as mini fish and chips or as filet o’ fish burgers if I can locate the baps which I know are in one of the freezer drawers (somewhere!).

I can see daylight in three out of seven freezer drawers now, so I’m winning at last.
    I always feel the same about the freezer!

Using up the root veg hanging about in the fridge drawer by making a tagine. A few more bits out of the freezer - some chicken pieces, a couple of homemade naans and some leeks. 

Also taken out a couple of those Markies melting chocolate puddings for dessert that I bull-bought when there were loads on yellow stickers after Valentine’s Day. 

“I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • happydenial
    happydenial Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Rush rush rush, we had fish finger salad wraps with a few fries and sweetcorn. 
    Books read 2023 - 49/75

• Islandmaid
    Islandmaid Posts: 6,538 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Sat with the bifolds fully opened - Sun already beating down, garden fully of our builders digging up concrete 😱 I bet our neighbours love us 🫣 we did tell the nearby ones.

dinner will be something spaghetti based for them as forgot to removed meat from the freezer last night 🙄 thinking puttanesca type thing, might chuck a tin of tuna in.  I’ll have frittata and salad 

Note to self - STOP SPENDING MONEY !!

£300/£130
  • C_J
    C_J Posts: 3,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I remembered to defrost a pack of chicken thighs last night and will make a Thai green curry. However I’m off work this week and Mr CJ has suggested we have lunch out somewhere (rule is: whoever suggests it, pays!) so we will probably end up just having a light snack tonight and the curry will move to tomorrow.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback