PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What are you making for dinner?

Comments

• Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    I was given a M & S meal - bangers & mash so a ding dinner tonight.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • allie23
    allie23 Posts: 1,857 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    All being well, it will be HM pizza tonight.  I need to make the dough as soon as I get home but should be ok as OH not home form work until 7pm.
    January GC 2024 £135/£180
    Frugal living Challenge 2024
  • kerri_gt
    kerri_gt Posts: 11,202 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Xmas Saver!
    kboss2010 said:
    C_J said:
    My never-ending quest to run down the big freezer has unearthed two small battered cod fillets so we’re having those tonight, either as mini fish and chips or as filet o’ fish burgers if I can locate the baps which I know are in one of the freezer drawers (somewhere!).

I can see daylight in three out of seven freezer drawers now, so I’m winning at last.
    I always feel the same about the freezer!

Using up the root veg hanging about in the fridge drawer by making a tagine. A few more bits out of the freezer - some chicken pieces, a couple of homemade naans and some leeks. 

Also taken out a couple of those Markies melting chocolate puddings for dessert that I bull-bought when there were loads on yellow stickers after Valentine’s Day. 

It's like a never ending quest isn't it. As soon as I have room in the freezer I get twitchy that it's not full.

Not sure what tonight will be - might do non-chicken katsu fillets (from the freezer) with rice if OH wants to eat at the same time as me. 
    Feb 2015 NSD Challenge 8/12
    JAN NSD 11/16

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,999 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Snake & pigmy pudding for the OH and a steak pie for me.  He'll want beans.  Not sure what I'll have - might clear out some of the veg for roasting and add a tomato or 2.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • kerri_gt
    Brie said:
    Snake & pigmy pudding for the OH and a steak pie for me.  He'll want beans.  Not sure what I'll have - might clear out some of the veg for roasting and add a tomato or 2.
    Snake? 🐍 ohhh, steak and kidney?

Non chicken katsu fillets with retro vegetable rice today for the both of us. I really really must go shopping tomorrow, the cupboards are looking very bare, even the snacks that no one wants have been eaten. Guess it's prob a good opportunity to wipe the cupboards down whilst they're empty.
    JAN NSD 11/16

• JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,691 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    We had pork chops, onions, (I had quiche) potatoes, broccoli and asparagus. 

• happydenial
    happydenial Posts: 770 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Grilled chicken, new potatoes, big salad with asparagus (I am making the most of the season!), garlic croutons and ranch dressing. Bread and butter for the smallest instead of potatoes. 
    Books read 2023 - 49/75

• Brie
    Brie Posts: 9,999 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    kerri_gt said:
    Brie said:

Non chicken katsu fillets with retro vegetable rice today for the both of us. I really really must go shopping tomorrow, the cupboards are looking very bare, even the snacks that no one wants have been eaten. Guess it's prob a good opportunity to wipe the cupboards down whilst they're empty.
    sorry - it's always been snake and pigmy in our house.  Likewise we sometimes have chish and fips.  We're a bit weird that way.
    "Never retract, never explain, never apologise; get things done and let them howl.”
  • Florenceem
    Florenceem Posts: 7,923 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Another ding dinner here tonight - fish pie.
    Decluttering Achieved - 2023 - 10,364 Decluttering Target - 2024 - 2,874 April - 252/253
    GC NSD 2023 - 242/365
    2023 Craft Makes - 245 Craft Spends 2023 - £676.03/£400
    Books read - 2023 - 37
    GC - 2024 4 Week Period £45.77/£100 NSD - 75
    2024 Craft Makes - 204 Craft Spends 2024 £295.23/£500
  • kerri_gt
    Brie said:
    kerri_gt said:
    Brie said:

sorry - it's always been snake and pigmy in our house.  Likewise we sometimes have chish and fips.  We're a bit weird that way.
     :D  :D:D
    JAN NSD 11/16

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family