NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I'll pop the November challenge up at some point over the weekend.

Organise - sausage casserole last night was lovely and a portion has gone in the freezer for later date. Nothing planned for tonights tea, I've got the root canal treatment after work so will just have some tinned soup or scrambled eggs if I feel like it

Budget - same as what was posted last time, can't quite mind the figures

NSDs - another one yesterday which takes me to 17/20 I think, maybe 16, will check later

Exercise - over 18,000 steps

Extra income - one hour overtime at work plus some surveys completed
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today is defo a spend day. Off to town to buy- EVERYTHING!! Haha! Food shop, stuff for the chickens, gold fish for the kids (got the tank on Mon but you have to have the tank set up for 3 days- who knew?) so still at 18 but hoping to keep away from spending tomorrow and sunday.

I will buy my last xmas prezzie today and give hub his allocated budget for me:o just food and tree next month and one last thing for DH.

Really great idea to try the local library thanks! Kids are only 1 and 2 but I bet they do stuff for all ages.

Im a bit nervous for pay day as budgets are so tight this month. If Tax free childcare pays me Ill have plenty of cash but they don't have good form for keeping their promises lol. I have emergency funds but I do make a real effort to stay away from it!

After watching a programme on poverty divides last night I realised that what we live off is really very small and most people would struggle on it (be ok once kids are in free childcare) but we actually generally do ok and its because of things like MSE website and this forum, shopping around, using coupons and doubling up on offers and that makes me feel very greatful for the knowledge and support you pick up on stuff like this thread so that's my main gratitude today. Im also greatful for a lie in (7.30) , for the free activities Ive got planned so far for the month ahead and for the kind lady who called me back yesterday about my banking switch. :A

Have a lovely day all xx
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today is defo a spend day. Off to town to buy- EVERYTHING!! Haha! Food shop, stuff for the chickens, gold fish for the kids (got the tank on Mon but you have to have the tank set up for 3 days- who knew?) so still at 18 but hoping to keep away from spending tomorrow and sunday.

I will buy my last xmas prezzie today and give hub his allocated budget for me:o just food and tree next month and one last thing for DH.

Really great idea to try the local library thanks! Kids are only 1 and 2 but I bet they do stuff for all ages.

Im a bit nervous for pay day as budgets are so tight this month. If Tax free childcare pays me Ill have plenty of cash but they don't have good form for keeping their promises lol. I have emergency funds but I do make a real effort to stay away from it!

After watching a programme on poverty divides last night I realised that what we live off is really very small and most people would struggle on it (be ok once kids are in free childcare) but we actually generally do ok and its because of things like MSE website and this forum, shopping around, using coupons and doubling up on offers and that makes me feel very greatful for the knowledge and support you pick up on stuff like this thread so that's my main gratitude today. Im also greatful for a lie in (7.30) , for the free activities Ive got planned so far for the month ahead and for the kind lady who called me back yesterday about my banking switch. :A

Have a lovely day all xx
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Even if you are on the right track, you won't get anywhere if you just sit there.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good morning,

only 5 degrees outside today, brrrrrrr. At least the parsnips in the garden will get their first frost soon and I can harvest them ;).

Not much to report, might check in later again.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Started yesterday on my son's room (this is a very big frog). Managed to get some of his things (no idea what they all are) into a cupboard but can't do anything else until he unplugs/dismantles all the technology. On the plus side a very nice man from the council came yesterday to look at the old boiler and I don't think I will have to move nearly as much as I thought. He told me just to leave some things I was going to move where they are and he's coming back on Tuesday to give me final instructions. Don't get stressed, he said, it'll all be fine. I really do worry about very silly things!
    Anyway NSD 12/12. Really didn't think I would make it at one point and I did another Yougov survey
    Roast gammon was lovely and there is lots left. Enough for another three meals and it only cost £2.50. Having some tonight. I do believe I am starting to see some gaps in the freezer. Next frog is to stop C buying things to fill it up.
    So. Having a day off today and going into town. C wants to look at some warm base layer type things for our holidays in December and January so I think I'll buy some gift voucher Christmas presents and gift tags whilst we're there.
    Have a good Friday Nearly the weekend.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Day 27

NSDs: 16/15
    Exercise: Cycled - 3/12
    10k steps - 8/22
    Food Budget: 96.48/100
    Extra Income: 110.51/150 - I have £17.70 in PA (cash out at £20) and almost £5 in SB.
    Study min 1 hour per day: 4/12
    Frog: Achieved my first frog today - got rid of one bag of rubbish that has been lying around and I listed 10 things on eBay, I'm feeling much better for achieving this.

Today I am grateful to the kind old man that occasionally gives £1 to children, Wednesday DS was given £1 and could go to the shop to treat himself. I am going to work on next months goals this evening, I will make the NSDs more challenging but not so much that they are unrealistic.

Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    sashanut your various ways to use up the eggs really makes me laugh - are you getting bored of them yet?!

I've had a really bad couple of day, mental health wise, probably the worst I've had in years in terms of my thoughts. Thank all the chocolate that it's the weekend! I get a bit of respite from parenting.

We've booked my birthday night away but we don't actually pay for it until we go, so I've a few weeks to claw some of the money back.

My weekly food shop came in under budget for the week, but it took me slightly over the challenge budget I'd set. It will last until the 3rd November so I'm happy with it anyway. Tomorrow won't be a NSD as I need to put the deposit down for DS's party, and get our phones unlocked as the new sims came. Worth it in the long run though.

Groceries £79.79/£77.41
    Petrol £0/£58.06
    NSD 2/6
    "Beauty" and Entertainment £50.02/£63.87
    Extra income £50.78/£24
    Exercise 3/6
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    Laurenh1 Had another thought, that's super free and will burn up your half term for next to nothing. Rock painting, we have a local facebook group, the idea being you paint a pebble with a pretty something or other. leave a message on the back "You found me, keep or re-hide" post pic on "insert facebook group here"
    I know there are groups in Derby, Newcastle, various Yorkshire ones: http://www.derbytelegraph.co.uk/whats-on/family-kids/derbyshire-rocks-group-hiding-beautiful-471033
    Its addictive, and gets the kids out the house hunting stones, finding, painting etc. It kept a lot of the kids in our area busy all summer long.
    Most start out using feltips or wax, but a quick trip to Works or Home Bargains for the primary acrylic paints usually follows.

Pauper1 sorry to hear your are having a hard time. I hope your weekend runs smooth.

Exercise: Nil.
    Always be kind. Met a woman at Tescos exploring the poor effort of a 3 for 2 sale. She was in tears, her little girl wants the new Barbie interactive horse. It was £80. She couldn't afford it and the other, less priced thing. I found her the cheaper one on Amazon using my phone there and then, along with the other bits she wanted . She headed home to order them. Apparently I made her Christmas. :jI also showed her MSE site, which she didn't know about.
    Stoptober. Fish and chips all round wasn't going to be a hard sell in this house :D Fed all four for the price of one from the chippy. Double win.
    Frog: Took my induction for the GCSE equivalent course today. I have to go back next week for the final part of my induction, I start the week after. Hopefully I won't be so clueless with my kids Maths homework in 16 weeks time and I'll have something the similar too an a-c grade! Bonus. Adult education Maths and English to GCSE level are free:eek:
    Christmas: Putting aside Fromage Frias pots to make Chocolate Stirrers as gifts. Also stored a Chocolate bark recipe that I am happy with. And after coming away from Tescos, I pledged with the family. NO TAT BUYING! :p
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for getting a shred level 1 workout done, for getting out and about with dd, for dd making canny ch shop purchases/ non-purchases, for dd having a great playdate, for getting on with the bunnies (there are 16 of them in various stages of made-ness), for getting a positive reply to my request to have a stall at my church craft events next month, for chicken and chickpea satay for tea, for a chat with dh about what to do with our money once we sell mum's house, for our food shopping bill being lower than I expected after not inputting it until yesterday, for icyland sending us a 'spend 4x £9 over the next month and get £5 free' which led to strategic planning with dh.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure