NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just a quick one from me for yesterday. I had a NSD (had to get medicine for DS but I don't think that counts?) and applied to open a new bank account, one mentioned in the MSE email yesterday. So hopefully that will boost my income nicely next month!

I think it might be another NSD tomorrow although will be ordering a food shop to come on Friday. I don't usually have a car at the moment, buses out here in the sticks are irregular and actually, ordering it online keeps me on the straight and narrow. Roll on getting my car back though...

Groceries £31.25/£77.41
    Petrol £0/£58.06
    NSD 1/6
    "Beauty" and Entertainment £50.02/£63.87
    Extra income £27.78/£24
    Exercise 3/6
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning all, have really not been great at checking in this month but will try to post daily for the last few days of the month.

Organise - eating up various things from the freezer. I've got a late meeting at work so have stuck sausage casserole in the slow cooker so it will be a nice easy tea, OH has been tasked with peeling and boiling the tatties.

Budgets - £162.23/£150 food, hoping to keep this under £170 and need to do some thinking and planning for next month. £15/£20 social

NSDs - now up to 16/20 :).

Christmas - hmm continue not to plan it, definite frog which I have to deal with

Exercise - exceeding daily step target plus went for a run on Tuesday

Extra income - few surveys done. I've actually managed to leave work on time the last 3 days so no extra income there.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,883 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Meant to add to my post has anyone volunteered for November yet? Am happy to do it if no-one else does.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10802.94/£15000 (72% saved). Emergency fund - £1550.15/£2000 (77.5% saved).
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all :)

Today is NSD 18- tomorrow will be a spend day as its my usual Aldi shop but also pay day for me :j managed to stay completely to budget- happy days! No spending Saturday & Sunday will get me to targert and if one of those days go wrong Ive got Monday.

My frogs today are- sort my banking switch out and go for a run.

Not much in terms of winter prep but will ask hub to get halloween stuff down and will be doing a shopping plan for tomorrow.

Have a good day all xx
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning all,

Yesterday ended up being a bit random. I did the monthly food shop, and went for a coffee with teacher friends, which last led over 2 hours. Popped home to let the dogs out and then went to buy dog food for a local independent supplier and broke down on the way. I called the garage who serviced my car the day before, and they came and recovered me and fixed my car for free, phew! Turned out to be a faulty part fitted in the service. Unfortunately I lost part of the tank of diesel is filled up with as it just leaked out on the road! But no harm done to me or the car. I’m going to do a few test drives today as I’ve got a big journey to make tonight.

All other plans yesterday fell to pot as that took up all afternoon. So today I must be productive until my journey later.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,036 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Still plodding along. Didn't get much done with my son's room yesterday but didn't really want to start moving things without asking him first. He's says it's ok and I have a bit of a plan which I'll start today.
    NSD 11/12;
    Found my winter hat which is now all washed and put away. Boots are in the wardrobe and the tracks for shoes are in a drawer (I now know which drawer.
    Still eating from freezer. Roast gammon joint for tonight and there will be leftovers for tomorrow.
    Did three loads of washing yesterday and got them dried outside. Just finishing my coffee and then of to iron them.
    Have a good day.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    misstara wrote: »
    Meant to add to my post has anyone volunteered for November yet? Am happy to do it if no-one else does.

Thanks misstara, don't think any one else has come forward yet.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    seem to have got on okay with my banking - hurrah, they are calling me back Monday to finalise everything, fingers crossed it all works as it should now. Will save my switching bonus. Glad I got it over with!
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    I am on 11/15 so there is the vague possibility of coming in on target but not holding out much hope now....

Frog - going to call plasterers to come and quote.

yesterday's frog was shortening the living room curtains with bondaweb. Ran out of the two bits of rolls I had found knocking about the place in random boxes so ended up using the gift card for £1.75 in W1lk0 for another 10 meters, which I used up too. Anyway, job done it looks fab. DH did not notice (so therefore it must not look bad or he surely would have noticed when he closed the curtains)

Roasted some BS squash and sad looking fridge veg which will appear on the menu at some point soon.

Also made a small bookshelf for DS3 for an awkward space in his room. I had the bits in the downstairs bathroom as they were offcuts from when I put up shelves in the back room and I figured they would come in handy. Again, DH has not noticed so either he has not been up onto the top floor this week (possible!) or they blend in so well they look like they should be there.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Pauper1
    Pauper1 Posts: 387 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 26 October 2017 at 1:25PM
    Options
    DS and I are just plodding today - getting some washing done, tidying and sorting. Found a few more things to sell. No plans to leave the house, so will be a NSD all being well.

I've managed to save £18 a month by switching mobile contracts this morning, and will have £20 cashback at some point (got another £8.50 waiting to be approved as well). Did another PA study this morning, so once it's all been approved I'll be able to cash out my first fiver. Sold an old pram on FB which was collected earlier, and someone else is coming to try on my wedding shoes later. It all adds up. Edited to add - sold another pram!

I hope you all have good days :)

Groceries £31.25/£77.41
    Petrol £0/£58.06
    NSD 2/6
    "Beauty" and Entertainment £50.02/£63.87
    Extra income £50.78/£24
    Exercise 3/6
    DMP start 1st May 2014 - £5,864.48 £39,349.41
    Original DFD from Stepchange 6th Sept 2039... :eek:
    Now aiming for end of 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors