NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    The essence of Doctor Who is kindness, that is what really underneath all this.

This is a person who moves through time and space and history,and all kinds of situations, and reacts to them, ultimately - despite all the different versions of him appear - with kindness.

And that is how everyone involved with Doctor Who should be and how everyone who is a fan should be.

If they're not kind thay are not receiving the show in the proper way and they're not really a fan of it

Peter Capaldi
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Sorry for the lateness. nearly posted last night but it was still before midnight. Woke briefly at 4am - knocked my cup of water flying with my elbow, awake long enough to throw yesterday's t-shirt onto the floor puddle and refold the quilt so the wet bits weren't touching me. Had pills at about 9am and fell asleep again.

Most recently was rushing to get ready, then realised my appointment was 2.45 not 1.45 so have an hour spare.

Pauper1 yes medicine does not spoil your NSD.

ilovetea doing things you want could be interpreted as being kind to yourself, life and this challenge are meant to be fun. Unless it is the dreaded pro-cras- tin-ate (sorry been looking at dalek cartoon puns) in which case tell me if you have any tips for dealing with it - frog is one of them. Glad so many of you are tackling them with enthusiam/ relief.

misstara Thank you for offering to do November, accepted. It did cross my mind earlier in the week but then the germs chased it away.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 799 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    :hello::hello:

I am on a mission- Looking for things to do while keeping costs low, Clubcard vouchers released on Tuesday so I have booked Pizza Express for Bonfire night and I will double up my vouchers for that, then off to a free firework display with my boys. Then the weekend after we are off to a Christmas event free with our English Heritage ( I suspect I will need some spends but I am okay with that)

Is there any good tips or free things to do with kids people can recommend? I appreciate some will be specific to an area but I always think sharing ideas can be a real help!

xx
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Fmess - hope your car keeps working ok.

Misstara - thanks for volunteering for Nov. Looking forward to it.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 26 October 2017 at 7:02PM
    Options
    Day 26
    NSD today 20/20
    Stayed in today again so no exercise.
    Did a small bit of decluttering.
    Did a bit of thinking today about my long term goal and how to achieve it. Looking at ways to achieve my goal sooner rather than later. All positive actions which includes cutting back on spending so can save.
    Going to do the shopping list tonight as planning to do the food shopping tomorrow.
    Submitted most of the hours already occurred during temp work for holiday pay.
    Grateful for:
    Achieving NSD 20/20 today.
    Thinking of positive actions for my long term goal.
    Being able to spend time reading my book.
    Read some of Christian book and study guide as well.
    Having a chilled out day/evening.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,744 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for time out and about with dd, for the lovely people who work in charity shops, for taking another bag to the Sally Army, for getting home for free (my oyster didn't work and the driver waved me on, then we walked home from the changeover stop as we had just missed a bus), for dd's friend being able to play out for a bit, for discussing pizza topping options with dd, for watching Wonderwoman, for getting more bunny bits cut out, sewn and stuffed - fear not mothernerd, they shall not b neglected!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,230 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Today I actually went out and got 2 freebies. A flu jab and one against pneumonia! Only went for a B.P. check:)
    Thinking about treating myself to some doughnuts but was good and walked straight past the shop. Enough fat on me without adding to it.
    Made a couple of felt hedgehogs this afternoon! Look quite cute.
    No decluttering done again unless you count the pieces of felt I used.
    Up to NSD 21 now. Chuffed with that ,but feel a big shop will be needed next week.
    ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1186 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20 NDNSD's in April Target 20.. So far 24/20
    NSD's in May so far 13/20
  • mothernerd
    Options
    Back home again. Wonder of wonders DS3 and Beloved have cleared the front room floor, the couches and the bed (where their guest will sleep. There were however 3 black binbags of (probably unsorted) rubbish in the kitchen - squashed 2 and got them into the bin, the third may have to wait until it's emptied on Wednesday.

The mental health session was good - just form filling mainly. I have opted for group therapy as I have not tried that before. I still have my counsellor if I need to speak to someone one on one and I know about some on-line help and was given a list with some more. They will contact me with possible times. All my scores were way up again but I was asked to focus on the last 2 weeks and being ill this week and not a lot better last things like sleeping and eating properly go out the window. Nearly laughed when he asked if I was doing things so slowly that other people noticed.

Exchanged a cheery greeting with a teenager on the car park (they are not all bed). Think he had been dared to do it by the group he was with and I was the first person to respond.

Just missed the little bus (saw it but it passed me going out when I was half way to the spot. Settled in a comfy chair and read my book until the next one was due. Planned journey to Morries with mum's list (including the Christmas baking list) and some things for me - some ys, some needed, some odd useful items inc large box of matches and salt (x 2) for when it gets icy and paths get slippery.

Had to wait for a taxi but had bought a ys sandwich and a pack of diet coke (leaving it at mum's to spread them out) so sat on the bench outside. A helpful assisstant phoned for the taxi as both the freephone and the pay phone were out of action and I had left mine at home charging. She also told me to come back inside if I got cold waiting. Bought extras of non-perishables that mum uses (will get in front with the shopping, it's taking too much of my time).

Tomorrow is film day so meeting mum outside the library at about 12.15. It's a comedy for halloween - Dean Martin and Jerry Lewis. Hope it is okay. Really want to go to the evening film as well. New Zealand comedy horror Black Sheep - some people start genetically modifying sheep and then the sheep get their own back. Saw it on late night tv one night when I could not sleep. Not a big horror fan but quite enjoy it if only the horrible people come to a sticky end.

Today I am grateful for lovely friendly doctors, helpful shop assisstants and taxi drivers and doing what needed doing.
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

NSD now 12/15 ...

Organise: More clearing in a downstairs room - did another 2 drawers in desk. Got another carrier bag full of paper which I then attempted to dispose of. Also made progress in clearing the bedroom but still a ways to go. Please tell me that it will look better soon, it seems to be 2 steps forward, one back atm.

Lunch: HM curried parsnip soup plus small salad for me, egg mayo - from egg mountain - for DH.

Supper: Made small steak pies with LO braised steak from Sunday, his with chips & mushy peas & mine with BNS chips (ys) & peas. Pud was LO Dorset apple cake (now drizzled some icing on it) for him & apple turnover for me. With LO pastry from pies made an extra apple cinnamon pie & still using LO pastry made - 4 jam tarts! My mother always used every scrap of pastry in this way :rotfl:

Food budget
    : £191.96/250

Be kind: Ye tried not to be critical which is my default mode LOL

One more time: To plan today

Extra Income: Survey to do

Christmas: Another bit came for DD, have hidden. It's her birthday then as well, so always a spendy time

Exercise: Not really although did get in garden doing quite a bit of pruning..

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Clearing out drawer finding address of distant cousin in foreign parts & address is printed not written so maybe can write to her...have sad news to impart but had no way of doing this before..Enjoy more time in garden.. using long-defunct foot spa in front of TV..

Frog: progress on bedroom frog but not on selling one. Tomorrow is another day....onward turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • DancingDragons
    Options
    One child off on half term and my routine is destroyed.:( I have another week of this.
    Therefore, Frog today: organise around the kids not INSTEAD OF.

Orgainse: Still a better need to track the budget. I haven't had time to track through comments and see how you guys do it. I plan on keeping receipts.

Budget: (from memory :eek:) Petrol: 55/50 - Groceries. 190/240
    Excerise: Nope.
    Stoptober: also nope.
    Always Be Kind: Someone had left their money box at the coin machine in Tescos. Money box said on it "Saving for Memories with Grandad." Inside it was the voucher 'Grandad' could spend in Tescos.
    Handed it in.

Fed parents because they'd been good ;):p - hopefully their kitchen will be working this weekend.
    I realise just now I'm feeding 6 currently and still scraping inside the budget.

Improvise. Laptop casing was in the process of snapping at the opening hinge. DH fixed with an oversized screw. Oversized screw caused a horrific scratch on the table. The table is already on borrowed time after DD1 spilt tipex then used kitchen cleaner and a scourer to clean it. I've put up with the lack of varnish/colour/vaneer for a year. I could paint it and tighten the legs, though. might be a bit unsightly.
    Extra Income: £5 voucher for buying a gift card (Money from gift fund) 3.98 from clothes sent to weigh and pay as unfit for charity/ebay.
    laurenh1: Free stuff: have you tried the nearest Leisure Centre and or Childrens Centre, both of ours do events through the half term that are either free or v cheap. Also see if you can find your library on Facebook/Twitter. Ours does tones of 5-14 clubs and crafts including a coding club.
    I find that local churches also have had plenty on to do.
    As I pay for swimming lessons for DD2 she gets free visits to the pool, and my bargain gym membership also comes with free swims. Might be worth a look?
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport