NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hurrah! looks like my Tax free childcare payment is on its way. Glad I called now. Will put it straight into savings as and when I get that through. Might need it as budgets fairly tight next month :eek:

Just registered for subways app to get a free subway next week and now looking at good banks with bonus's to move to. :money: controlling the controllable!
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Day 25
    Another NSD 19/20
    Did not do very much today.
    Managed to do just some small bits of housework.
    Stayed in so no walking done today.
    Grateful for:
    Having a chilled out/relaxed day.
    Managed to sort out a small bit of clutter.
    Time to read my book.
    Using up some food items that I had for a while.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • FurryBeastOz
    FurryBeastOz Posts: 1,380 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi guys. Another epic fail month. I think I’m on about 5 NSD’s, but actually I’m well within budget as I’ve just been buying bits. Not proper food, and feeding DH from the freezer.

Work is manic and I have barely made it to the gym. I’m trying to decide whether David Lloyd is a worthwhile investment in me. My current gym, while a 1/4 of the price, is just not an enjoyable place to be. It’s a turn up, Work out, shower and Home type place, which is fine when you have a social life. I’d quite like to build a social life.

Can’t wait until next Wednesday. Month end over, and I’m off to London for a dinner and to see family. A couple of days break will be lovely. I really need to get back on the MSE wagon. Get my head screwed back on again.

DH off buying a new car rather than getting the crap one MOT’d. He needs something decent for ‘Glasgow to Truro’ trips.

Greent congratulations.
    Goals - Weight loss 6/26lb at 22nd Jan 18
    Mmmm. 26lb at 1/7/18. Oops:o
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,725 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for my home, for sewing with dd and her friend, for baking some twinks' hobnobs, for getting the all clear for my ears from the nurse so I can go ahead with a hearing assessment next week, for an incredibly mild day, for dd playing out for hours, for getting up to date on the food spends, for swallowing a frog, for being on half term.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,446 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have been a bit rubbish at checking in lately, mainly because I have been ill for over a week with a nasty fluey cold, but feeling better today so no excuse!
    So, to update:
    NSDs - not spent anything today except for ebay postage (paid for by buyers) so 9/15, I am not going to make the 15, but am reasonably pleased with the 9 (plus any extras I pick up between now and the 31st) and will try to improve on that next month :)

Household / grocery spending - I have gone way over at £282.95 /£160 :eek: :o which has prompted a rethink. This is partly due to a voucher code for a large meat order, which has filled my freezer and will last for several months, partly due to an unexpected visitor who stayed for more than a week, and partly because I am spending more :( £160 used to be about average, but for various reasons, including rising prices, not at the moment. From next month I will be allowing £50 each weekend (to last the following week, obviously). Again, this will cover everything food and household related except the window cleaner, car expenses, unexpected expenses (ie if something breaks and needs fixing) and direct debits, including the milk bill, toiletries, cleaning products and dog food as well as food and drink for us.

I am probably going to have to do another shop before the 31st, and the milkman has left a bill again, but such is life. I am finding it incredibly useful to keep an accurate tally of what is spent in the household, and that is the real positive for me of this challenge :)

Exercise - not managed much of this lately due to feeling so rotten, but I did walk to the post office and back today (a couple of miles there and back) as well as taking the dog to the little park near us this afternoon to run around :)

Banned - nothing here, we rarely eat out, have a takeaway or even get coffee out, probably not even once a month on average for any of it. Anyway, nothing so far this month.

Beauty - nothing so far this month, but I am my getting my hair cut tomorrow which will be £22.

Extra income - did some surveys and sold some small items on ebay :)

One more time - must confess to sharing a bar of gifted chocolate with OH this evening :) No alcohol, had a small glass of wine last night, for the first time in a week, and immediately wished I hadn't. Had a little carton a apple juice instead :)

Grateful for a nice sunny day for a walk, and to get my washing dry outside on the line :)
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 780 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi all

Mixed bag of a day. Seemed to get somewhere with childcare but then had loads of issues with a banking switch. Call center now closed but will get this sorted first thing. Seems to be one thing after another sometimes.

Greatful for a few days off with not much planned over weekend &for a game of hide and seek with my boy- always make a little time for fun.
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,217 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Yet another NSD. Can't spend anything if I don't go out :).
    Think I'm up to 20 now.
    No frogs eaten today.Keep getting sidetracked into doing nice things. Must make a list of things that need doing,not just things I want to do.
    Made a big slow cooker full of stew.Some will have to go in the freezer or I'll be eating it all week!

greent great news.x

ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1024 /2024.NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20NDNSD's in April Target 20.. So far 24/20
    NSD's in May so far 3/20
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Wonderful news greent, so happy for you all.

No sleep last night (the pile of craft related paper benefitted) though my room still looks like a tip - think there are several empty bags and boxes but can get to the drawer where the 'completed' stuff is going.

Not feeling great (massive headache the latest resident) and no sleep but I have survived the day. Went to pick up my prescription via Icyland so probably now gone over budget and may be more to come. (Visitors expected + really need to be in front with food for when I am ill and need stuff to boost my immunity).

Beloved has told me what to buy for them (prompted by DS3 as he said she was embarrassed to ask me - she's the only person in the world who's afraid of me). Basically now that they are not having takeaways (max 2 per week which is a huge shift) she wants me to buy them some chicken in bread/ veggie burgers and chips - all the stuff she told me to stop buying 2 months ago. Guess meal replacement that tastes like wallpaper paste is off the menu. At least they will be sticking to the 2 takeaway rule when their guests come (they are also talking about tidying up).

Crafts was good. S was back (operation 2 weeks ago - it was a cancellation, her date was Nov 1st). looking goood but not allowed to do much. Showed her the progress on the butterfly brooches and we sewed some more together - I put the needle through the cloth and then she pulls it through.

Spent most of my time helping her and not giving in to the demanding person - cut out a wise man robe for her and suggested she decorate it with pens (the ones that work on multi surfaces). She did 3 scrawled lines and then brought some gold trim that could only be sewn on (by someone, not neccessarily me). Carried on with what I was doing and she only got 15 minutes of my time at the end.

Lovely people gave me some flowers for sewing the baby blankets. I very rarely get flowers (sometimes buy them myself from the reduced bucket). Urgent paper frog has been eaten, the crafty papers (elephant) has nearly been defeated.

Going to have my second bath of the day and have an early night.

Today I am grateful for flowers, for the starry lights on the trees on the square and for good company at crafts.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Check in #25/31 and NSD #15/15.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

NSD still 11/15 ...ended up going to smarket again, don't often go to that one so stocked up on a few things I could only get there....probably bust the budget by now :mad:

Organise: Now started clearing in a downstairs room - did one large drawer & another in desk. Got a carrier bag full of paper that needs disposing of, but a very nice clean drawer now. Also in there was my first secondary school report - makes very interesting reading now..DH also joined in the clearing by removing & flattening umpteen cardboard boxes for me..

Lunch: HM curried parsnip soup using 6p bag of parsnips brought by DD.

Supper: DH had beefburgers (freezer UFO I thought were sausages!). I had a YS fish dish from M&S but couldn't eat it so ended up just having baked potato & sweetcorn cob. Animals very happy to finish fish though.. pud was scones (him) & apple turnover (me)

Food budget: £191.96/250

Be kind: Think so..

One more time: Mainly to plan today, for a change. Thankfully DD is going back to her own home after work, so I stand a better chance (and get much more done)

Extra Income: input points which count towards Sainsburys spend. Also found letter cancelling PPI taken out by DH. Had no idea we ever had it but this is proof. He's filled in the form now, so maybe he might get something back.

Christmas: Item came for DD, have hidden. Need to find all stuff bought already, there is a lot lurking around. Need to write it down in one place.

Exercise: Not really

Heating: still off

Grateful for: Phone call from friend, nice bright day, time to myself in garden....haven't been out there for quite a while & it shows...

Frog: progress on bedroom frog but not on selling one. Tomorrow is another day....onward turtles!!
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure