🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• PHoppers
    PHoppers Posts: 16 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 8 January 2019 at 9:04PM
    Options

I just applied to another supplier yesterday to leave. This evening I have received the following email from Eversmart

Thank you for choosing Eversmart to supply your energy. You are signed up to our Northern Glory variable tariff which recently experienced a price rise. However, we have become aware that in our initial documentation we told you that the price would be guaranteed for twelve months. That was an error on our part.
    We pride ourselves on customer service and regret the error in communication. We want to do the right thing by you and so we have decided to honour the original letter and commit to that price guarantee.
    WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
    You don’t need to take any action. We will now take steps to reverse the price rise and put your account back to the original tariff price from the date the change was made. We will also revert your Direct Debit payment to the previous amount.
    Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lee Dearden
    Head of Customer Service

Eversmart Energy
    Has anyone else had an email like this? I haven't called them to query it yet. I'm just going ahead with the switch anyway I think reading all these bad reviews.

I had something similar but told over the phone rather than an email, I was asked if I received the email, but I never got it. Anyhow they tried to cut short my Northern Glory 12 month fixed tariff by a month saying it ended on 23 Nov 2018, I lodged a complaint to them which they have 8 weeks to reply, to their credit they replied in only about 2 weeks and relented. It was only a month but has saved me approx £40
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PHoppers wrote: »

I just applied to another supplier yesterday to leave. This evening I have received the following email from Eversmart

Thank you for choosing Eversmart to supply your energy. You are signed up to our Northern Glory variable tariff which recently experienced a price rise. However, we have become aware that in our initial documentation we told you that the price would be guaranteed for twelve months. That was an error on our part.
    We pride ourselves on customer service and regret the error in communication. We want to do the right thing by you and so we have decided to honour the original letter and commit to that price guarantee.
    WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
    You don’t need to take any action. We will now take steps to reverse the price rise and put your account back to the original tariff price from the date the change was made. We will also revert your Direct Debit payment to the previous amount.
    Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lee Dearden
    Head of Customer Service

Eversmart Energy

Has anyone else had an email like this?.

Yes. See here, post #235

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/discussion/5914762/eversmart-saying-my-deal-isnt-fixed&page=12
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,553 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    From an article in todays Guardian Website:

"The Guardian understands that one small supplier, Eversmart, has withdrawn a tariff that asked customers to pay their annual bill in advance, providing the firm with unusually large credit balances."

Personally, I hope the firm does have "an unusually large credit balance". That will make it more likely that they survive and keep supplying my 'Price Guaranteed' dual fuel.
  • TangoGolf
    Options
    The tariff you sre on is dispayed on one of the smart meter monitor screen tabs, if you have a smart meter installed.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,627 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Even when my smart meter was smart (with another supplier), I still read it myself, recorded the readings on my own spreadsheets and checked that the online account properly reflected the readings and made a fuss if they didn't. I also downloaded and saved them all (and I've still got them, going back over 8 years-just in case)

I also download and save every bill and monthly statement so I've got my own evidence of what is going on.

I've been harrassing Eversmart to get their online meter reading facility working properly and it looks to be sorted out although I had to give them a reading over the phone on 4th.

I requested a call back as the queue was around three hours and someone did actually call back at around 7:30 that evening

My last statement dated 6th Jan was near enough correct (I gave the reading on 4th and they estimated 2 days worth to the 6th) and the statement is safely saved on my computer (and on a back-up drive).
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • ChuckMountain
    Options
    Good luck with the harassing :)

I would also recommend download and save the bills as they regenerate them sometimes and even stick to the same bill number ...

I have had my billing issue solved now which is good and they have transferred me back to my old tariff and given me 30 days notice again (as I didn't receive it.) of a pending price rise.

My transfer of supplier has been blocked though but does appear to be going through for next week now so fingers crossed.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Im in the same boat. My transfer is due in a week. My "complaint" is about a week old now, when i rang to chase it they said "they didn't know" when it would be answered as the complaints team are backed up. (no surprise there!!) How long did it take for the complaints team to get back to you to sort your account charges out?
  • Liberator42
    Liberator42 Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 19 January 2019 at 10:33PM
    Options
    I'm worried this company is heading the same way as Economy Energy.Customer Service and Billing is abysmal.Not a good sign.
    As others have mentioned.Received an e mail informing me of a massive increase in my monthly dual fuel DD.So i queried it (twice) and after a few weeks received an e mail saying they had made a mistake about the Northern Glory 'Fixed' tariff i was on but would 'honour' the contract and change the DD back to the original amount and amend my online bills to reflect the correct tariff.I see this has happened to many other people on here.
    Anyway.They didn't amend the DD and the much higher amount came out.They wiped out all of the old online bills with the wrong tariffs and replaced them with 2 new bills- again with the wrong tariffs.!!!!!!!
    So i have e mailed them again,not going to waste my time and money phoning them.Next stage is a formal complaint.
    Trying to be nice and fair but they are trying my patience.
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Update on my situation: Just called eversmart again, as my switching date is on Friday and I wanted things sorted. Received a call back 30mins later (as didn't want to wait in the queue) and spoke to a CS rep who actually knew what he was doing. He apologised about the price rise without notice and has amended my bill for december with my old price and said the Jan bill will be at the old price too, saving me £60. Happy with this customer service finally.

Lets just see if my credit balance gets refunded to me appropriately come switchover.
  • BM4L
    BM4L Posts: 5 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    edited 25 January 2019 at 7:26PM
    Options
    I'm having the same problems set out above. I received the email doubling my monthly direct debit, and when I challenged it, I was told it was a "mistake" and was only for people who had been with them for 12 months. However, I knew I HAD been with them for 12 months - so chased again and they confirmed that my tariff had in fact doubled. So I switched.

All fine as the switch was being processed, until today, when my new supplier has told me that my switch has been "blocked" by EverSmart. I have emailed them today (mindful of 4 hour phone queues mentioned previously). I have switched many times in the past and have never had an issue. Can they block my switch? I have a smart meter from them (which I am, of course, already regretting), and as far as I am aware am fully paid up (via direct debit) so don't owe them anything other than current month usage. And the DD is still active as far as I know. Not impressed!

Edited to add:
    Just had an email from them and despite me being told that my direct debit would change to £125 from January 25 (hence why I switched as I was previously paying £66 per month) - I have now been told it has been blocked because I have an "outstanding balance" of £284!!! Mind boggling. I have asked for an explanation. Bearing in mind that I have been on a direct debit for the last 12 months and with a smart meter - I am struggling to see why they can't keep track of my account and adjust my DD if needed as any other company would - other than they are completely incompetent. (Yes I do accept that £66 a month was cheap - but that was their price not mine!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport