Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,552 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    billp42 wrote: »
    Last month, at last I received a final account - took 11 months to get that.

Blimey. That's taking incompetence to a new level. Either that or they have just one employee.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,102 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    JohnB47 wrote: »
    Blimey. That's taking incompetence to a new level. Either that or they have just one employee.

The former. Eversmart was reported as having 50 members of staff in June.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/business/business-news/eversmart-energy-manchester-barney-cook-14694195
  • Biggus_Dickus
    Options
    billp42 wrote: »
    I left Eversmart back in December 2017 and each time that I asked for a final account, all they sent was a statement of account that did not include the payment that they took in January 2018. At the time I wasn't too worried as I reckoned that I owed them money. Last month, at last I received a final account - took 11 months to get that. I was not willing to ring and give them my bank card number so sent a cheque instead. I made the cheque out to "Eversmart Energy" and it was returned because I had left "Ltd" off the payee. I shall, of course add the three letters and return the cheque - now if only I can find a pen!!
    sdc.jpg
  • niktheguru
    niktheguru Posts: 1,479 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    With a heavy heart i've decided to move on from Eversmart Energy today.
    I must say I have had a relatively painless 15 months with them. Their fixed smart tariff was the best on offer and I was billed appropriately. Their website and mobile website were functional, if basic. Their customer service was so so, pleasant, sometimes not particularly knowledgeable, but always polite.

What finally made me move was they changed my tariff in november to the "simply smart" standard tariff, with no notice whatsoever. I have been out of my 12 month fixed term since August, however I called them at that time to ask what was going to happen and I was told I'd receive an email giving me 30 days notice of when the tariff would change.

Communication has never been eversmarts strength. I only ever received 2 emails, the welcome one and the generic one asking if I wanted to sign up to the family saver upfront. I rang the helpline today to be met with a notice saying they are answering calls within 3.5hours!! To their credit I chose the ring back option and at 7.30pm I was CALLED BACK!! amazing! However the customer service agent didn't really know why my tariff was increased without notification and all he could say was sorry. He said they had no other tariffs presently and didn't know of any coming up and advised me I could switch out.......

I'm therefore now moving to So energy and Utility point.....lets see how the next 12 months are!!
  • JohnB47
    Options
    niktheguru wrote: »
    With a heavy heart i've decided to move on from Eversmart Energy today.
    I must say I have had a relatively painless 15 months with them.

I had similar experience with both GB Energy and IRESA - no problems and then they went bust.

I haven't been so lucky with Eversmart but things have been sorted out now and hopefully I won't need to contact them (and they stay in business) until my deal ends in August.

Good luck with your new companies. Which reminds me that next time I should really look at separate suppliers for gas and electricity, instead of always looking at dual fuel deals.
  • ChuckMountain
    Options
    I haven't had quite as good as experience with you and I am currently waiting for a ring back after being told it is taking 4 hours 30 minutes to take a call. I wouldn't want to be on that call team as I can imagine they are getting quite a lot of grief from their customers.

I had to chase during the year as I had a smart meter that was fitted within a couple of days of joining and then subsequently had offers to fit a smart meter even though I already had one.
    The smart meter has never worked properly at their end, I am still on estimated readings ...

Billing randomly stopped in March time and several calls and emails later if eventually started again in Sept ...

I was on a tariff that was supposed to run till September 18. I had no communication about what would happen next so rang up and they said I would stay on the same deal.

I got four emails then just before Christmas to say that my direct debit had been cancelled and a new one started at 33% higher.

I searched my Spam and found one other email that pre-dated them by a few days which said based on my usage we are increasing it to protect the Eversmart family ... I am currently in credit by quite an amount as expected at this time of year.

I wrote a complaint email that has not been answered yet and am waiting back for a phone call.

I got my latest bill and I appear to have been moved to the Simply Smart tariff with no prior warning or notice resulting in an increase in unit price of 45% and 34% for electricity and gas plus significant increases in standing charges.

To say I am not happy is an understatement as I am now faced with a significant price hike to stay or move.

I got the offer of pay up front for a year before Christmas but I wasn't interested in a company that might disappear off with my money like others if it went bust.

I think they have clearly bitten off far more than they can chew but that doesn't permit them to break the rules and their communications are frankly appalling.
  • Tommo79
    Tommo79 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 4 January 2019 at 11:48PM
    Options
    I just applied to another supplier yesterday to leave. This evening I have received the following email from Eversmart

Thank you for choosing Eversmart to supply your energy. You are signed up to our Northern Glory variable tariff which recently experienced a price rise. However, we have become aware that in our initial documentation we told you that the price would be guaranteed for twelve months. That was an error on our part.

We pride ourselves on customer service and regret the error in communication. We want to do the right thing by you and so we have decided to honour the original letter and commit to that price guarantee.

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
    You don’t need to take any action. We will now take steps to reverse the price rise and put your account back to the original tariff price from the date the change was made. We will also revert your Direct Debit payment to the previous amount.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lee Dearden
    Head of Customer Service

Eversmart Energy

Has anyone else had an email like this? I haven't called them to query it yet. I'm just going ahead with the switch anyway I think reading all these bad reviews.
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,614 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I phoned Eversmart at around 3:30pm today, to give a meter reading as I can't fit a five digit reading into the four digit slot on their website. Apparently the site is being upgraded again (that's about the third time since August)

I got a recorded message (same words as above) about them honouring Northern Glory tariff and another telling me that their current wait time was 3 hours and 30 minutes.

I requested a call back, which to their credit they did at around 7:15 this evening.

I'm on the Welcome Home tariff which is another one that's guaranteed until next year (August 20 2019 for me).

So far they haven't tried to increase it, so I'm guessing that after the Northern Glory fiasco they'll have to honour it as well unless they want another flea in the ear from Ofgem
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • ChuckMountain
    Options
    Well I didn't get my call back yet ... :(
  • JohnB47
    Options
    Tommo79 wrote: »
    I just applied to another supplier yesterday to leave. This evening I have received the following email from Eversmart

Thank you for choosing Eversmart to supply your energy. You are signed up to our Northern Glory variable tariff which recently experienced a price rise. However, we have become aware that in our initial documentation we told you that the price would be guaranteed for twelve months. That was an error on our part.

We pride ourselves on customer service and regret the error in communication. We want to do the right thing by you and so we have decided to honour the original letter and commit to that price guarantee.

WHAT DO YOU NEED TO DO?
    You don’t need to take any action. We will now take steps to reverse the price rise and put your account back to the original tariff price from the date the change was made. We will also revert your Direct Debit payment to the previous amount.

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Lee Dearden
    Head of Customer Service

Eversmart Energy

Has anyone else had an email like this? I haven't called them to query it yet. I'm just going ahead with the switch anyway I think reading all these bad reviews.

I'm on their Welcome Home tariff and recently went through the process of complaining to the Energy Ombudsman about Eversmart saying that they had made a mistake in stating that this was a 'guaranteed price' deal.

The outcome was that Eversmart agreed that I had been misinformed and that Welcome Home is a fixed price tariff.

I have not heard anything directly from Eversmart about this - only their response to the Ombudsman and recorded in my complaint.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure