Add your feedback on energy supplier Eversmart Energy

Options

Comments

• eerie
    Options
    Eversmart raised the prices on my "fixed" tariff too.

They didn't even let me know - I noticed my prepayment meter running out faster than expected. The tariff was supposed to have no standing charge, but lo and behold - there it was.

It took two emails (each with response time of ca. 7 days) for them to say that "the tariff was removed by regulatory request".

Ofgem kindly confirmed to me that they made no such requests.

I've put in a complaint and am waiting for a response.
  • MABLE
    MABLE Posts: 4,080 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The May 2018 12 months fix is unaffected. Also they have confirmed on expiry they will be paying out a bonus of £20 to me and this is respective on whether I leave or stay with them.
  • JohnB47
    JohnB47 Posts: 2,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 23 November 2018 at 3:09PM
    Options
    I had contacted them by email on 5th Nov to ask if they could record my 'start' electricity reading on my account as I couldn't do it myself.

I've just received a 'Case Closed' email, with no other information.

Just checked my account and sure enough, I still can't add a meter reading and it shows no earlier readings entered.

What a shower these people are. They seem to open cases, wait for a bit then close them. Perhaps they have a computer programmed to do it, just to get rid of people.

Edit: I've just emailed them about this and I've received an auto response email saying they've opened another case. What a lark.
  • Bigun28
    Bigun28 Posts: 473 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Meant to be on the Welcome Home tariff for electricity since September, but seeing all the issues with that tariff which I agreed to as fixed, have in writing is fixed, but Eversmart are saying it is variable, I wonder if Eversmart actually are supplying my electricity.

Tried to call them today and was warned that their average time to answer a call was 2 hours 30 minutes!!!!

The other issue I have is that I can't find how to register for an account on their website, which means I can't enter any meter readings. I e-mailed them to ask how I could this and they took 3 weeks to reply, simply saying that their website was being updated and they had now idea as to when this would be finished.

Absolute joke!!!
  • couriervanman
    Options
    Randal wrote: »
    Meant to be on the Welcome Home tariff for electricity since September, but seeing all the issues with that tariff which I agreed to as fixed, have in writing is fixed, but Eversmart are saying it is variable, I wonder if Eversmart actually are supplying my electricity.

Tried to call them today and was warned that their average time to answer a call was 2 hours 30 minutes!!!!

The other issue I have is that I can't find how to register for an account on their website, which means I can't enter any meter readings. I e-mailed them to ask how I could this and they took 3 weeks to reply, simply saying that their website was being updated and they had now idea as to when this would be finished.

Absolute joke!!!

Had this email from them today regarding my complaint/query

Dear Mr ………

The 'welcome home tariff' is currently under investigation for how it was sold and advertised, so whilst it is under investigation we are keeping you on the same rates and these will not be increased. As soon as we are told the outcome of the investigation you will updated accordingly.

Kind Regards

Rebecca
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,920 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 23 November 2018 at 7:18PM
    Options
    Randal wrote: »

Absolute joke!!!
    Contact your regional network operator and ask who you supplier is http://www.energynetworks.org/info/faqs/who-is-my-network-operator.html
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have posted the below on the other Eversmart thread but thought would add here incase of use. It’s in relation to Eversmart having updated their terms and conditions. Have only had a quick skim read thus far but a few things that jump out (relevant to me) compared to the original terms in place when signed up in 2017:

- now says that we agree to receive all communications electronically by email or via our online accounts. From what I could see when I last logged in, there is no ‘inbox’ online, rather just the Invoices section. And as such, any communications I have ever received have always been via email. I also note that I never receive email notifications that new invoices have been uploaded. So, the above obviously highlights the potential for them to give you 30 days notice of a price hike by just putting the letter stating this in your Invoices section online and thus unless you check your account regularly you might never realise it has happened.

- says they can’t increase tariff on fixed term contract “unless your contract changes” which later on in the terms says can be done at any time (but they must give 30 days notice if it is a disadvantageous change). That said, I think the regulator is pretty clear that fixed tariffs can’t be changed in this way and it seems in responses above that Eversmart is not arguing that they are able to change the contract but rather that the ‘fixed’ contract never really existed as it was really a variable one and they made an error in how it was presented in welcome packs and on the website?

- they will send a ‘statement of renewal / contract expiry notice’ 42-49 days before expiry if on a 12 month fixed contract outlining options. I assume this is in line with the regulator’s recommended practice but I certainly never received any communication ahead of my expiry and nor did the couple of other people I know on the same contract.

- for those paying by DD, they now require up to date meter reads at least every 30 days

- the reference to a £20 loyalty payment at the end of fixed tariff is no longer present
  • roseview
    roseview Posts: 147 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I waited 4.5 hours for a callback today (!!) and eventually got an up to date invoice sent across, covering Sept to date. However, I seem to be missing an invoice covering August to September. On closer inspection, the starting reading for the recent invoice is lower than the end reading for August?!! So I appear to be paying for the same lot of usage more than once. The discrepancy between balance carried forward from September and credit balance in August is also way more than my electric usage ever is. Tried phoning again, only to be told that there is a 4.5 hour expected response time!!
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,611 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You need to be checking your on-line account at least once a month and downloading and SAVING your invoices so you've got a record of what is going on.
    Just leaving it and hoping that it'll sort it'self out is recipe for disaster.

Hopefully you are keeping your own record of your starting and monthly meter readings - just in case it all goes pear shaped which seems to be more and more likely as time goes on.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • Orsonwelles
    Options
    Hi.

On the 17th of October I emailed Eversmart to ask them when my Fixed Smart tariff would come to an end as I knew it was soon. They replied that it I was still on this tariff and that they would send me renewal documents when my tariff was about too end and that they would honour this tariff for 30 days to give me time to shop around. However they sent me an invoice this morning and they have put up my rates on my gas and electricity. I am now going to switch but I was wondering if they could do this without notifying me first?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure