PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• jpsid
    jpsid Posts: 88 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello, I am completing Land Registry Form TR1 to change our property (no mortgage) ownership from joint names to my sole name following divorce. I am buying my ex out and would like to know what box to tick in Panel 8 Consideration.  As this is a transfer or equity and money is changing hands, as stated in our Financial Order, do I tick the box 1 "Transferor has received from the transferee for the property the following sum" and write in the amount as stated in our financial order OR do I tick box 3 "Insert other receipt as appropriate" and write something like "Pursuant to Consent Order dated ???? under ref ???? in ???? court and state the amount.

Can you also confirm that the transfer fee is under Scale 2 and we also need to submit forms AP1 and 2 x ID3 along with the TR1?.
    Many thanks in advance.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,793 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Jacklob said:
    Hi,  can you advise me of the approximate current timescales for registering an unregistered property. Also is this best done whilst the current owner is still alive .i.e will it be far more complicated upon death when having to deal with estate. 
    Roughly 14+ months wait for a first registration. If done now it’s a voluntary application so cheaper. If done after death it will be compulsory as executor needs to transfer it to beneficiary for example. 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • JHLow
    JHLow Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry, may I know the change of ownership application for property title MAN327496 has been processed?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    JHLow said:
    Hi @Land_Registry, may I know the change of ownership application for property title MAN327496 has been processed?
    It hasn’t been yet but the transfer is protected. If there’s an urgency such as an onward sale the a request to expedite can be submitted 
    https://www.gov.uk/guidance/request-an-expedite
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Nellie15
    Options
    Hi. I was hoping you could help clear a question up.  
    It’s regards the 12 yr possessory title/ adverse possession.  We seem to have conflicting solutions.  
    We applied for adverse possession with 12yrs evidence of use by the previous owner and us.  We received a possessory title with the date from our application - 12 yrs till we can upgrade the title. 
    Our neighbours have the same issue they  have recently enquired and they have been informed that their title will-be back dated for 10 yrs so it can be reapplied as a full title in two yrs.  
    Who is correct? 
    Just don’t want to wait if it can be upgraded sooner.  
    Do you take ownership of the land for 12 yrs them apply or apply asap ? 

Thanks 
  • Nellie15
    Options
    Hi is the Land Registry no longer active on the forum 
    Thanks 
  • Land_Registry
    edited 27 November 2023 at 9:21AM
    Options
    Nellie15 said:
    Hi is the Land Registry no longer active on the forum 
    Thanks 
    Still here but we’ve not seen too many posts of late on this thread so apologies as missed your one 
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Nellie15 said:
    Hi. I was hoping you could help clear a question up.  
    It’s regards the 12 yr possessory title/ adverse possession.  We seem to have conflicting solutions.  
    We applied for adverse possession with 12yrs evidence of use by the previous owner and us.  We received a possessory title with the date from our application - 12 yrs till we can upgrade the title. 
    Our neighbours have the same issue they  have recently enquired and they have been informed that their title will-be back dated for 10 yrs so it can be reapplied as a full title in two yrs.  
    Who is correct? 
    Just don’t want to wait if it can be upgraded sooner.  
    Do you take ownership of the land for 12 yrs them apply or apply asap ? 

Thanks 
    There are different options when registering claims depending on the circumstances. So I imagine they applied based on a different set of circumstances 
    See PG 5 for example which explains and how when and how the possession started impacts  https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/adverse-possession-of-1-unregistered-land-and-2-registered-land
  • Boneeeey
    Options
    No disposition by the proprietors of the
           registered estate is to be registered unless one or more of them makes
           a statutory declaration or statement of truth, or their conveyancer
           gives a certificate, that the disposition is in accordance with trust
           deed dated 8 December 2017 made between [name] and
           [name] or some variation thereof referred to in the
           declaration, statement or certificate.

I have been asked “ Please confirm whether you hold a statement or certificate dated 8th December 2017?”
    What does that mean? 

Thank you 
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Boneeeey said:
    No disposition by the proprietors of the
           registered estate is to be registered unless one or more of them makes
           a statutory declaration or statement of truth, or their conveyancer
           gives a certificate, that the disposition is in accordance with trust
           deed dated 8 December 2017 made between [name] and
           [name] or some variation thereof referred to in the
           declaration, statement or certificate.

I have been asked “ Please confirm whether you hold a statement or certificate dated 8th December 2017?”
    What does that mean? 

Thank you 
    I suspect they really meant to ask if you’ve got the Trust Deed of that date. Or they’ve misread the restriction, which is self-explanatory. 
    I guess the key Q is whose asked you and why? 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback