PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Boneeeey
    Options
    Boneeeey said:
    No disposition by the proprietors of the
           registered estate is to be registered unless one or more of them makes
           a statutory declaration or statement of truth, or their conveyancer
           gives a certificate, that the disposition is in accordance with trust
           deed dated 8 December 2017 made between [name] and
           [name] or some variation thereof referred to in the
           declaration, statement or certificate.

I have been asked “ Please confirm whether you hold a statement or certificate dated 8th December 2017?”
    What does that mean? 

Thank you 
    I suspect they really meant to ask if you’ve got the Trust Deed of that date. Or they’ve misread the restriction, which is self-explanatory. 
    I guess the key Q is who’s asked you and why? 
    My buyers solicitor has asked as I’m selling the property. 
  • user1977
    user1977 Posts: 14,299 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boneeeey said:
    Boneeeey said:

I have been asked “ Please confirm whether you hold a statement or certificate dated 8th December 2017?”
    What does that mean? 

Thank you 
    I suspect they really meant to ask if you’ve got the Trust Deed of that date. Or they’ve misread the restriction, which is self-explanatory. 
    Are you doing your own conveyancing? If the question has come via your solicitor, it's them from whom you should be seeking advice - or really, who should have already given you guidance about it.

• Hello there,

I am looking for some advice on behalf of my mother. My mother has not been on speaking terms with my grandfather who passed away five years ago. Out of the blue her elder brother got in contact last week with a copy of land registry form 19 where in Feb 2019, it looks like the property title was transferred to my mother from her younger brother. 

The form was a shock to my mother. We did a search on the title deed on the land registry website (MX61700) and the property is in my mother's name - name and address are incorrect. 

The downloaded sheet shows no mortgage outstanding, but we are worried about her other brothers trying to take the house back or of any loans attached to the property. Should we enlist the help of a solicitor to help us? Can you provide any advice?

Kind regards
    Concerned son.
  • Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,815 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Boneeeey said:
    Boneeeey said:

What does that mean? 

Thank you 
    Ok - well they need you to comply with the restriction wording, namely provide them with your own stat Dec or statement of truth OR your conveyancer provides them with a certificate to confirm the sale is in accordance with the trust 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hello there,

I am looking for some advice on behalf of my mother. My mother has not been on speaking terms with my grandfather who passed away five years ago. Out of the blue her elder brother got in contact last week with a copy of land registry form 19 where in Feb 2019, it looks like the property title was transferred to my mother from her younger brother. 

The form was a shock to my mother. We did a search on the title deed on the land registry website (MX61700) and the property is in my mother's name - name and address are incorrect. 

The downloaded sheet shows no mortgage outstanding, but we are worried about her other brothers trying to take the house back or of any loans attached to the property. Should we enlist the help of a solicitor to help us? Can you provide any advice?

Kind regards
    Concerned son.
    I would always recommend using a solicitor if you are in a legal argument over ownership of a property. 
    I don’t quite follow the reference to form 19 dated 2019 as that form of transfer wasn’t used after 2003 and it’s a form TR1 now. But as you state the registered legal ownership hasn’t changed for a number of years anyway. 
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • SiliconChip
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry, is there an issue with payments through the LR site today? I've tried to buy Title register and Title plan for a property and the card payment has been declined with 4 cards (2 debit, 2 credit, 2 Visa, 2 Mastercard) from 3 different banks. It seems unlikely that all 3 banks would have an issue at the same time so perhaps you have a problem today.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry, is there an issue with payments through the LR site today? I've tried to buy Title register and Title plan for a property and the card payment has been declined with 4 cards (2 debit, 2 credit, 2 Visa, 2 Mastercard) from 3 different banks. It seems unlikely that all 3 banks would have an issue at the same time so perhaps you have a problem today.
    Not aware of any issues and in my experience it tends to be where you are using them from (country) that impacts on the payment service provider and the security protections they have in place 
  • SiliconChip
    SiliconChip Posts: 1,381 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Not aware of any issues and in my experience it tends to be where you are using them from (country) that impacts on the payment service provider and the security protections they have in place 

I'm in England, so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue. I have resolved it by accessing the LR site using Microsoft Edge rather than Firefox and the payment has gone through successfully, perhaps you could confirm whether this is a technical limitation in your payment processing.
  • Land_Registry
    Options

I'm in England, so I wouldn't expect that to be an issue. I have resolved it by accessing the LR site using Microsoft Edge rather than Firefox and the payment has gone through successfully, perhaps you could confirm whether this is a technical limitation in your payment processing.
    It’s not our payment processing service but Firefox can, as I understand it, be an issue 
  • MigsyBigsy
    Options
    Hello all,

I have recently paid up my mortgage and now mortgage free. Do I now need to register the Land Registry that I am now the owner? not quite sure what to do regarding deeds etc...

regards
    Miguel 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport