PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,815 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Grizebeck said:
    hello @Land_Registry regarding ND131899, ive downloaded the title register which says covenants apply but there is nothing on this? can you advise at all please?, 
    If you want to read the ‘filed’ deed then you’ll need to apply by post for a copy. Only register and title plan online 
    https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land/copies-of-deeds
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Misslayed
    Misslayed Posts: 14,241 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    @Land_Registry A relative, who owns their house outright, intends to transfer a half share of it to their spouse as tenants in common, prompted by their reduced life expectancy. The relative has a perfectly valid will, drawn up by a solicitor in anticipation of their marriage, about 11 years ago. The current will leaves the house to their two step children from their first marriage, but allows their spouse to live there as long as they wish. A new, professionally written, Will is planned, leaving the other half of the house equally between the two adult step children. The spouse has executed all repairs, updates and improvements to the property and paid half of all bills and expenses relating to the property throughout the marriage, and plans to continue to live in it when the inevitable happens. They will make an appointment with a solicitor soon, but are wondering if there are any pitfalls to this plan they have not foreseen? Future care home costs may become a factor, who knows? They are hoping the solicitor will come up with the 'what ifs' and 'ah buts', just hoping to be forewarned. 
    Also, which form do they need to fill in to execute the transfer?
    I’m a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Competition Time, Site Feedback and Marriage, Relationships and Families boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com All views are my own and not the official line of Money Saving Expert.
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Misslayed said:
    @Land_Registry A relative, who owns their house outright, intends to transfer a half share of it to their spouse as tenants in common, prompted by their reduced life expectancy. The relative has a perfectly valid will, drawn up by a solicitor in anticipation of their marriage, about 11 years ago. The current will leaves the house to their two step children from their first marriage, but allows their spouse to live there as long as they wish. A new, professionally written, Will is planned, leaving the other half of the house equally between the two adult step children. The spouse has executed all repairs, updates and improvements to the property and paid half of all bills and expenses relating to the property throughout the marriage, and plans to continue to live in it when the inevitable happens. They will make an appointment with a solicitor soon, but are wondering if there are any pitfalls to this plan they have not foreseen? Future care home costs may become a factor, who knows? They are hoping the solicitor will come up with the 'what ifs' and 'ah buts', just hoping to be forewarned. 
    Also, which form do they need to fill in to execute the transfer?
    It’s the very common scenario that everyone is looking for answers to. But we can’t generally provide them as we don’t deal with the minutiae of the wills, trusts, care and more and that’s where the solicitor or others on MSE can help
    We register the legal ownership and that’s always dealt with as a whole so the issues of shares doesn’t really come into it. 
    Those shares, in the beneficial and not legal ownership, can link to the TIC aspect you mention but again the register isn’t definitive re such matters. And it’s important that very specific legal advice is obtained here and including what happens next in different scenarios 
    The legal ownership is by far the easiest to deal with and understand 
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    hello @Land_Registry do you hold the plan for original scanned plan for ND131899 as i can see a new plan is on there but wondered if the scanned document was held
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
  • Charlies_Mum_2
    Options
    We completed on a second hand property Dec 2021 with the bungalow not then registered with yourselves. I’ve chased our solicitor a couple of times but have been told there’s a back log at the land registry office. How much longer do you think this will take? Initially we were told 1 year, but are now nearly 21 months down the line. Thank you.
    Charlies Mum xx
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Grizebeck said:
    hello @Land_Registry do you hold the plan for original scanned plan for ND131899 as i can see a new plan is on there but wondered if the scanned document was held
    Looks like you contacted us via our own forum and got your answer there 
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    We completed on a second hand property Dec 2021 with the bungalow not then registered with yourselves. I’ve chased our solicitor a couple of times but have been told there’s a back log at the land registry office. How much longer do you think this will take? Initially we were told 1 year, but are now nearly 21 months down the line. Thank you.
    Delays on some types of application are that long. Your purchase is protected so hopefully it will be registered soon 
  • 0161Sam
    0161Sam Posts: 9 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry

I’ve paid off an Islamic Mortgage. At high level in an Islamic mortgage the lender becomes a joint owner of the property. They own the % they lend to you and charge you rent while they retain ownership. Once that portion is paid off, you take ownership of the full property.  

The mortgage provider has sent me Discharge and Transfer documents (Forms DS1 and TR1). I am not using a Solictor. The mortgage company has told me I need to submit transfer of title applications with Land Registry. They've told me it is my responsibility that the transfer of title application is successfully lodged at HM Land Registry. 

I've read various articles and come the the conclusion I need to send the following:

- DS2 to cancel charges
    - ID3 to confirm identity

In addition to this because I have a special mortgage I need to sign and send the TR1 too. That is to take the whole property under my name.

I've had people tell me in other forums I need to submit an AP form but I'm not sure if I really need to.

Please can you tell me what I need to do, and which forms I need to submit?

Thank you 

• Tiglet2
    Tiglet2 Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    0161Sam said:
    Hi @Land_Registry

I’ve paid off an Islamic Mortgage. At high level in an Islamic mortgage the lender becomes a joint owner of the property. They own the % they lend to you and charge you rent while they retain ownership. Once that portion is paid off, you take ownership of the full property.  

The mortgage provider has sent me Discharge and Transfer documents (Forms DS1 and TR1). I am not using a Solictor. The mortgage company has told me I need to submit transfer of title applications with Land Registry. They've told me it is my responsibility that the transfer of title application is successfully lodged at HM Land Registry. 

I've read various articles and come the the conclusion I need to send the following:

- DS2 to cancel charges
    - ID3 to confirm identity

In addition to this because I have a special mortgage I need to sign and send the TR1 too. That is to take the whole property under my name.

I've had people tell me in other forums I need to submit an AP form but I'm not sure if I really need to.

Please can you tell me what I need to do, and which forms I need to submit?

Thank you 

Sam, AP stands for Application.  In order to register your ownership and remove the charge, you have to make an Application to Land Registry, therefore you need to complete the AP1 form, along with the appropriate fee and the other listed documents.  Check though whether you can still use an ID3 form, as it replaced the ID1 form during Covid and lockdown.
  • Chuggybang
    Options
    Hi @land_registry

I have downloaded the title for a parcel of land that was transferred to our larger plot in 1997/1998 but there is not really any information on there and no reference to 'copy filed'.

Is there a way I can write in to request a copy of the TP1 form (if this was I'm use back then?) Or the information that was provided in support of the transfer of this small parcel of land? And should I include a £7 fee or more to request this?

Thank you very much.

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure