PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,815 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Benc744 said:
    Hi again Land Registry

We are awaiting a TR5 to be processed before we can complete on a house we are purchasing.

The TR5 relates to WK345525 and I understand that it has been expedited.  

Are you able to provide a status update please and estimate for when it is likely to be completed?

Many thanks for your help.

Is that the right title number as no pending application to register a TR5 
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • kmgarr96
    Options
    Hi @Land_Registry can you please update me on applications on titles WSX52793 and WSX36295. 

We recently submitted an application to amalgamate the two titles and was told there were multiple pending applications before ours. I hope I have now expedited the applications before us and want to check if that is the case? We have a sale and purchase riding on this being completed ASAP. If these have now been expedited, can you tell me when you expect the amalgamating to be completed? And is there a way of doing the amalgamation before the other applications?

thanks,

• Land_Registry
    Options
    kmgarr96 said:
    Hi @Land_Registry can you please update me on applications on titles WSX52793 and WSX36295. 

We recently submitted an application to amalgamate the two titles and was told there were multiple pending applications before ours. I hope I have now expedited the applications before us and want to check if that is the case? We have a sale and purchase riding on this being completed ASAP. If these have now been expedited, can you tell me when you expect the amalgamating to be completed? And is there a way of doing the amalgamation before the other applications?

thanks,

You’ve contacted us by phone and on our own forum already. Whilst I understand the need for information to try and find answers re timescales we’ve already done our best to explain those for you. Conscious also you felt you got conflicting advice so opening a third channel may simply add to your uncertainty. 
    I’d suggest sticking to the one channel, our own forum, and relying on factual events as they happen at this stage as you have a mix of applications that need to be completed before the request to amalgamate is considered 
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Tinksy111
    Options
    Hi Land Registry,

Hope you are well.

I am purchasing a share of freehold flat. The seller’s name is on the leasehold title register, SGL815622. However, their name is not on the freehold title register, SGL584304.

Are errors like this common and can I know what caused it? Is there a way to know if the transfer of the share of freehold to the seller was ever initiated?

My solicitor plans to proceed by having the share of freehold transferred to the seller first as it should have been previously, then doing TR1s with my name upon completion. They informed me an expedite could be requested for this. How long on average would this take to process once the application is submitted to transfer to the seller’s name? I understand we can only submit the application with my name once the title is updated with the seller’s.

kindest regards and wishing you a positive Monday and week ahead :) 
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Tinksy111 said:
    Hi Land Registry,

Hope you are well.

I am purchasing a share of freehold flat. The seller’s name is on the leasehold title register, SGL815622. However, their name is not on the freehold title register, SGL584304.

Are errors like this common and can I know what caused it? Is there a way to know if the transfer of the share of freehold to the seller was ever initiated?

My solicitor plans to proceed by having the share of freehold transferred to the seller first as it should have been previously, then doing TR1s with my name upon completion. They informed me an expedite could be requested for this. How long on average would this take to process once the application is submitted to transfer to the seller’s name? I understand we can only submit the application with my name once the title is updated with the seller’s.

kindest regards and wishing you a positive Monday and week ahead :) 
    Selling/buying and conveyancing errors like this can and do occur. Expedition generally means processed with 2 weeks. Everything then hinges on it being in order of course. 
    I suspect you won’t complete and then submit your own application to update both FH and LH titles until the FH is updated re seller. But that’s your conveyancer/lender’s call 
  • babyblade41
    babyblade41 Posts: 3,934 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good evening LR. I wonder if you could give an update on ON345683 please.  It was for a transfer of part .

The only reason I am asking is we bought a small parcel of land after this transaction and it is now registered on LR website. 

For the transfer of part we had to use another solicitor other than our usual one due to conflict of interest and wondered if there is a problem with the registration. TIA 
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Good evening LR. I wonder if you could give an update on ON345683 please.  It was for a transfer of part .

The only reason I am asking is we bought a small parcel of land after this transaction and it is now registered on LR website. 

For the transfer of part we had to use another solicitor other than our usual one due to conflict of interest and wondered if there is a problem with the registration. TIA 
    No problem as still waiting to be processed. It was submitted Nov 2022 so it’s unlikely to be processed until probably early next year based on average timescales 
  • Cliveclive13
    Options
    Hello Land Registry

I was wondering if you could comment on our outstanding title update to AGL296120?  We originally purchased the property in January 2022.  I noticed over a year later that the register update had not been completed - our solicitors suggested that the application had been "lost" and resubmitted it in early April, providing me with proof.  

It's now been over 4 months since the resubmission of the application. We are approaching when we might consider re-mortgaging, so I hope this will be completed soon - are you able to provide any further information? Our solicitors suggested 
    re-mortgaging might actually push the process forward, because we would be able to expedite.  Could you also comment on what evidence is needed for that (i.e. where do we need to be in the re-mortgaging process to justify an expedite?)

Thanks!   
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hello Land Registry

I was wondering if you could comment on our outstanding title update to AGL296120?  We originally purchased the property in January 2022.  I noticed over a year later that the register update had not been completed - our solicitors suggested that the application had been "lost" and resubmitted it in early April, providing me with proof.  

It's now been over 4 months since the resubmission of the application. We are approaching when we might consider re-mortgaging, so I hope this will be completed soon - are you able to provide any further information? Our solicitors suggested re-mortgaging might actually push the process forward, because we would be able to expedite.  Could you also comment on what evidence is needed for that (i.e. where do we need to be in the re-mortgaging process to justify an expedite?)

Thanks!   
    The current application was submitted 24th March so if thou are remortgaging and have a mortgage offer that’s time sensitive then you can request expedition. Expedition isn’t available for those ‘thinking about’ a remortgage or sale 
    The original application was submitted 1st Feb 2022 but cancelled in Nov 2022 as we didn’t get any replies to our requests for more information. You’ll need to ask them to confirm and to see what was lacking at the time and if all present now 
  • Grizebeck
    Grizebeck Posts: 2,778 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    hello @Land_Registry regarding ND131899, ive downloaded the title register which says covenants apply but there is nothing on this? can you advise at all please?, 
    Advocate in the County Court dealing with a variety of cases, attending the courts in the North East and North Yorkshire
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback