PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,815 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi @land_registry

I have downloaded the title for a parcel of land that was transferred to our larger plot in 1997/1998 but there is not really any information on there and no reference to 'copy filed'.

Is there a way I can write in to request a copy of the TP1 form (if this was I'm use back then?) Or the information that was provided in support of the transfer of this small parcel of land? And should I include a £7 fee or more to request this?

Thank you very much.

You can apply by post for a copy of the transfer and provide enough information to identify it. It won’t have been a form TP1 but simply refer to it as a transfer of part 
    https://www.gov.uk/get-information-about-property-and-land
    If you are try8ng to confirm something specific I’d suggest contacting us first with details so we can confirm what’s available 
    https://customerhelp.landregistry.gov.uk/guide-page-external/?stepid=2b31bc48-eb96-eb11-b1ac-002248413956
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • AstinMatt
    Options
    I need to quickly request an official copy of the register of title from HM land registry for my flat. I am aware of scams and I know you can order it via the post from the HM land registry.

However, is there an online way of ordering it?

Thanks

• Land_Registry
    Options
    AstinMatt said:
    I need to quickly request an official copy of the register of title from HM land registry for my flat. I am aware of scams and I know you can order it via the post from the HM land registry.

Thanks

No. Postal only from us if you want an OC. 
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • AstinMatt
    Options
    AstinMatt said:

Thanks

Please can you let me know what the turnaround time from receiving an OC1 to then sending an official copy of the register of title via post or email?
    Thanks

• Land_Registry
    Options
    AstinMatt said:
    AstinMatt said:

Thanks

Please can you let me know what the turnaround time from receiving an OC1 to then sending an official copy of the register of title via post or email?
    Thanks

We turn around an OC1 in 2 days generally. You’ve then got postal times both ways 
  • Clariongrade
    Options
    I was told by IF.COM that our deeds, and the insurance document that was an associated guarantee, had been lodged with Halifax, who had gone paperless and destroyed the documents.  They said that the Land Registration was sufficient!

How do I find out what restrictions are on the house?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    I was told by IF.COM that our deeds, and the insurance document that was an associated guarantee, had been lodged with Halifax, who had gone paperless and destroyed the documents.  They said that the Land Registration was sufficient!

How do I find out what restrictions are on the house?
    Check the register  https://www.gov.uk/search-property-information-land-registry
  • Gazbro
    Options
    The LR says an OS(P) search has revealed a registered 12m x 2m strip of land within my new property's boundary fence. As a result they have moved my boundary on the Title Plan. There seems to have been a mistake somewhere as this strip was not on my TP1 Transfer Plan.

How can I get the details of the OS(P) search and how can I appeal this? (I have the search ref. no.)
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Gazbro said:
    The LR says an OS(P) search has revealed a registered 12m x 2m strip of land within my new property's boundary fence. As a result they have moved my boundary on the Title Plan. There seems to have been a mistake somewhere as this strip was not on my TP1 Transfer Plan.

How can I get the details of the OS(P) search and how can I appeal this? (I have the search ref. no.)
    Respond to us using our Contact us form  https://customerhelp.landregistry.gov.uk/guide-page-external/?stepid=2b31bc48-eb96-eb11-b1ac-002248413956
  • Jacklob
    Options
    Hi,  can you advise me of the approximate current timescales for registering an unregistered property. Also is this best done whilst the current owner is still alive .i.e will it be far more complicated upon death when having to deal with estate. 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback