5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 11:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11.7K replies 793.6K views

Replies

• juliettetjuliettet Forumite
    722 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    Look after yourself Sue, try to eat properly and let people help if they offer. Such wise words from Nargle.
    My 5.
    1 Fluffy ginger cat finally appearing for breakfast. Was a bit worried as he likes his food.
    2 Decided not to cut the patch of waste ground beyond my back fence this Summer. I'm sure that has helped the insects. Was confirmed on GW.
    3.Breakfast at work. Scrambled egg and a crispy roll.
    4. Two loads of washing out. Fingers crossed.
    5. Having the courage to tell the company I had asked to do a small repair on the house not to come. They missed two appointments. No excuse when a call or text would have stopped me waiting in.
  • Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Back at the mill again and only one to go this weak! Well tomorrow doesn’t count as it is POETS Day.

Missed the gym last night as something needed doing. Then had steak out with a jar of wobbleade as well.

OK!

Day 1 and most days now!
    If you don’t sort it out now, later would be difficult. I can’t see the point on sitting on a pile and scraping, just for the sake of doing so. So the top up one is to be cashed. Deal is done. OK, it was from 60 to 65 and is about four months short. But if at worse, I get it back. If we find out later about it, and then you are rash? So I am taking the cash, not the dash.

Cashed.

Now on with you life, too much going on inn BoPs! Had me speed confirmed by the piggies other day, apparently they have some photos as well. Lets see how that develops! They will get their just desserts in time!

Don’t delay?
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    & - sorry to hear about your neighbours. I haven't had any nasty ones (well, not for about 18 years) but I have had massively noisy and thoughtless ones. Luckily nice ones both sides at the moment!

Pleasures for today (Thursday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Completely tidied and cleaned my room today including the cast iron fire place, which is a project on its own.

3) Hens OK.

4) Took smaller son to another look round college. Their tactic is to keep showing him round while there are no students in, using a different member of staff each time...

5) Got a few jobs done whilst in town.

6) Cleaning of the living room tiles continues. I can only do 2-3 square metres at a time as it is exhausting! Bicarb and a bathroom scourer cut through everything but each tile has to be done individually.

7) Had to laugh this evening. Several months ago, bigger son walked past a college where some of his friends go - he has no connection with it at all. A photographer appeared and asked him to do some poses for the prospectus and had to lend him a lanyard! He did explain that he wasn't a student but he's now on the homepage of that college's website. :-D
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • Purple_kittenPurple_kitten Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 Laid in by accident, but needed some sleep.
    2 Clean bedding for us, clean bedding for the ferrets, bathroom cleaned, and other bedding washed.
    3 We have accumulated bedding, I kept everything since my very first studio flat, 19 years ago now we moved in together, not affording bedding sets we purchased asda sets over the years they have lasted but been replaced with a couple of quality ones but always held onto everything, I rationalised it today and I am embarrassed by how much there was, thankfully it will continue it’s lifecycle here, some will be garage rags, and some will be ferret bedding.
    4 Grilled chicken and turmeric rice was dinner.
    5 Inspired to relearn piano, I got up to grade 7 when I was much younger, and now don’t have a piano while I don’t feel it’s the same I do have a keyboard which might serve to start getting less rusty I’m just digging down to it that will continue on tomorrow.
  • ampersandampersand Forumite
    9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is just after 3am.
    Just in from a long Spitalfields day and still toxic person's car is parked in front of my house. It is pouring with rain and I have had to edge back into nearest space, blocking in my trailer and trying not to encroach on (even more) elderly neighbour's exit.
    It's been there a week now.
    A male from several doors away, always previously affable, is now cohabiting there. He said he was calling the police. On what grounds I couldn't imagine, said 'Please do.'. No-one came, but I called authority Wednesday morning. The ASB definition is clear. I will visit office later today.
    #
    1. Praise be, a 4£igs Spits day, means & can pay all car repairs, c. £400. Will even have decent Banking left over. Such relief.
    As I slogged away packing and running trailer out to load car (not quite 4hrs tonight), a Dad and teenage son stopped, commented they'd been passing through and seen me '2 hours ago. How can you do it? Do you do it every week? Do you want any help?' Chat ensued...

2. The moment of sitting in car, with the knowledge and the word 'Done!' in mind. Finishing munch, black green tea thermos and just pausing before heading back.

3. Wednesday night compline, so valued. How needed, esp. in view of things touched on in previous post. Thankyou for those words and thoughts. 3 more close funerals... including a 13year old, leukaemia. Actually prayed for something personally, first time ever: strength and safety.

4. Thinking very much of you and OH, Sue, echoing all the wisdom and caring of others here, Mhags and Nargle, everyone.

5. 'Today is a new day, with no mistakes on it.' From Pollyanna, at times resorted to.
    #
    Well done mhags and vl, re:work.
    DD, we'll share that sense of loss for Mr piano.
    Frith and PK, big Well Done's on your big efforts, various, this week.
    A small weekly DD finally sorted to help this young man:
    https://www.gofundme.com/against-all-odds-accepted-to-uni
    Met at Inchyra Arts Club, Spookymen's gig night, and much, winningly supported by Lord and Lady I.
    Sorry you were flashed, bop. Hope all med visits for you both pass smoothly.
    #
    Lights off, &.
    Bonne(rest of) nuit and blessings.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:[URL="tel:01274760720"]01274 760720[/URL], freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fingers crossed that something comes of the complaints &

Thursday pleasures,

Woke up from a decent night’s sleep feeling refreshed.

As always, time spent with the beautiful grey one, balm to my soul.

Field after field of baled up straw now the crops are in.

Arrangements made with yard pals to go to Burghley HT, have 3 items on bay of flea that will sell to fund ticket :j

Popped to emporium and hit sweet spot rtc wise, meat & fish for freezer.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Morning all, life has been a bit manic and I've been awol!

Being here at home today with (as yet) no other calls on our time to take us out!

DD2 has begun to come down from the utter sadness of having to put a loved and previously healthy pet to sleep 'out of the blue' when it came home in a very sorry state on Monday.

We had supper out with DD1 and James at the local carvery which was a real pleasure.

The bean crop keeps on giving and on and on and on.....but we have people who are actually pleased to receive beans as a gift so it could be so much worse.....

The brook across the road is currently still in it's bed if running fast and furious today.
  • edited 9 August 2019 at 12:58PM
    Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 9 August 2019 at 12:58PM
    Last day at the mill this weak as well. Fires are being damped down, and the millwright can think of flying figs until Monday!

Watched the T20 last night on box of ogles. Some rite schoolboy errors in that one!

Was going out on Big Train to Warster tonite, but it looks like rain! Mmmmm. More later!

Got me note through about my next JAM appearance, I am on the Tin Triangle Cockpit. More details shortly. Viewing recommended and we do has the cake and tea. You can also get that bitter coffee flavoured foam is you wants!

Day 2. Is me offs to the quack and it is POETS Day. Got me lugs to do next weak and book Jenny in
    for her MoT. Chase up the pension thing and get this sore ted. Thirst things first.

Well that is the fires damped and BoP is off!

Try it my way, dare yous!

BoP'd Inn Again ...

As you knows that BoP does check that them of greasy palms do not take too much of BoP's cash, so I agains has checked the enrgy prices for you and I can say they be some deals out there. Please make sure yous on the best fix!

Gas good insulation 11,000 kWh, normal 12,500 kWH

Elect Fit them LED Lites, BoP did and his consumption went down, meaning their grasy palms got less!

Elect 3,000 kWh if yous gets them LEDs, otherwise, 3,500 kWh

FIX!
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Art'noon all, AWOL again...

Hugs, Suffolk Sue and Ampersand and anyone else 'going through it'

Pleasures for the last few.

1, Back from ICT with DS, and a night at home.
    2. Then a few days in Yorkshire with OH, the last of his birthday celebrations - managed to fin d a delicious curry place despite our V. late arrival
    3. A day walking on the moors. a swift half in the pub, splashed out for the observation car on the way back down on the steam railway ( (only £4 extra each)
    4. Lovely meal in an Italian restaurant.
    5. Yesterday was lovely, mooched around pickering for an hour; then OH had his footplate trip on the steam engine; then we had a 3 course lunch in the Pullman dining car with wine; then observation car again back. A fab experience and good value for the money compared to other, similar, things.

All in all a good time and I think we can say his birthday (which was April) is now well and truly done.

Have a nice afternoon and evening all..
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    good luck with the compaint & my neighbour down the road slammed the door in my face several years ago and hasn't spoken to me since. she is mercifully quiet though!
    rotten day weather-wise and ruddy car breaking down AGAIN. how much do i hate that car!!! so 5 good things
    1) dd2 gave me a lift to work. it was pelting down
    2) dd2 giving me lift meant car broke down on her way back to house rather than on way to camp
    3) her camp has been moved indoors
    4) got a lift home (did mention it was wet!)
    5) into my onesie by 5:30 :D mrpiano has invited me to join him and a friend for dinner but thinking i will stay in. am thinking bangers and mash
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday