5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 11:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
11.8K replies 801K views

Replies

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Please think of BoP's BP. Rites, when BoP was on his apprenticeship 732 moons ago, we had to buy said corporation bus pass as we weres earning money, at £25 for the year, more than the weaks pay! Whens we got it them moons ago in Oct 78, the following day said corporation buses were on strike! We had to walk or cycle instead! Nind you eddie and the Hot Rods in the Refectory was good that year. so good, that those aged 18 and over were expelled. We weres excused because we should not had bin there. Move on, no more to see here!

Bin at the quack again this day as they are testing BoP , rite testing BoP. Back on FryDay as well. They knows the rules, hurt them more than it hurts BoP. Oh, just one number on mes blood was wrong. Bets we check you blood pressure. Steaming is BoP! No, 131/68 this morn inn! See that is proper foods and none of them emulsions!

Rite rant over, testing continues.

Was inn the Gym this morning keeping beach ready for the world. Next viewing soon at JAM. Watch this space!

Now back at the mill and it is quite cool today in the boiler room. Lunch Box has a bag of mixed biscuits, with two cakes of Jaffa and two proper chocolate wholewheat biscuits with chocolate. Toms and the Strawbs as well. Proper tasty.

Watched Shane Jacobsen last eve, in Brother’s Nest. On the ogle box, but a bit blunt for normal TV. Good watch if you have the flix things. Would had watched the Ashes but …

Enuff of your version of the Life of BoP!

Only then do you …
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bedtime.

Work 9-12.30pm. Was fine. Sat and chatted with friends who were in for an extra half hour beyond that.

Home and a bit scuppered with the weather. Very heavy showers. So kind of pottered, read, snoozed, read.

Started making dinner, a mince pie, potatoes and corn on cob. Got a message from boss with a photo of a huge delivery of new stock...messaged back did she want a hand...it seems she did! She wouldn't have asked but was very glad I offered! She offered to buy me tea but I said it's okay ( thinking we'd just be an hour) ...three hours later!

Brought some cake samples home. Son and I had some.

Lovely photo of 3 little cousins all together. My great niece and 2 great nephews. Made my day ( only been waiting 4 days for it to happen!)

Took dog out and oh my the rain came down. We were both soaked ! Waaaah!

Phoned my friend . She has a huge day tomorrow so just wanted to wish her luck and tell her I'm very proud of her!

DD1 arrived in Venice.
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures for today (Tuesday)

1) Woken again by the tree gang. Enormous eucalyptus now gone. When section of trunk were thrown down (nearly a metre in diameter), the house shook! Huge willow also gone. Weirdly, still not much of a view but the 2 remaining trees will be taken out at some point. What has changed, is the view up! So I have just been sitting out looking at the stars and I can see far more of them.

2) Hens OK.

3) Went to the charity shop for jam jars and all the volunteers looked at each other in disbelief as someone had just brought in a large bag!

4) Made lemon curd which turned out pretty well. Not sure whether it will be prize winning at the show but we shall see.

5) Chatted with various neighbours about the trees and the new view. Had a tour round the garden of next door now some of the trees have gone.

6) Made a roast dinner.

7) Drove to Telford with smaller son to watch his football team. A 2-0 loss today.

8) Stopped on the way home to get plums to make jam tomorrow. That will be chutney, lemon curd and stone fruit jam made. Leaving soft fruit jam, fruit jelly and various cakes and bakes...

9) Will watch Holby City just now.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • Purple_kittenPurple_kitten Forumite
    2.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    1 Re loading the caravan with clean stuff, and cleaned the floor.
    2 Line dried washing in, other loads done.
    3 I am very surprised that all my stuff has sold, been picked up and paid for very happy. Another advert to go up for a little boat project that never got off the ground – a boat!
    4 DH picked a tub of amazing tasting blackberries which will stay as is for toppings, I popped down the road and picked a kg of damsons which I will make into crumbles. Ampersand I saw your cherry post and I'm inspired to try it.

5 DH Concreting some bits outside, and I’m starting to pack the kitchen.
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Managed to catch the bus despite it being early.

2. Worked in normal place for a Tuesday. Means working with a friend who helps the day pass. We both have the same work ethic which helps.

3. A lift home or to post office in the village. It meant I made it in time.

4. Able to collect euros for DS2. I didn't have the cars posted through the door but it's a big advantage of having local post office as a sorting office.

5. Cooked ham for tea with onion sauce and potato wedges. Everyone seemed to enjoy it.
  • house_elfhouse_elf Forumite
    1.1K posts
    ✭✭✭
    Good Morning Peeps,

I love the idea of all this foraging, harvesting and processing.......I was most proud of the home grown cress I sprinkled onto our salad last night :rotfl:

Yesterday

1. BBQ pulled pork in the slow cooker. It smelled wonderful all day.

2. Packed suitcase.

3. Nice chat with DS1 new gf.

4. Freebie tickets to see Blinded by the Light. Proper feel good film:D....now have Springsteen earworms.

5. 2 more episodes of Keeping Faith before bedtime........will have to wait until after hols to find out the ending :eek:

Have a lovely day :)
    Synchro Mums - 'Changing the world one sequin at a time' Lady GaGa
    'We have more in common than that which divides us.' Jo Cox
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Happy hols HE

Tuesday pleasures,

Boiled egg with marmite soldiers.

A fresh, earthy smell in the house as the tractor worked in the field next door turning over the soil, the crop has all gone now.

Little dog had her haircut, no longer shaggy dog story.

A cup of Earl Grey with lemon, picked up some loose tea the other day and dug out the strainer, forgotten pleasure.

My lovely Capt S, rock in hard times.
  • edited 7 August 2019 at 9:25AM
    ampersandampersand Forumite
    9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 7 August 2019 at 9:25AM
    Dark times for others, friends, learnt on Sunday, and toxic person opposite upping the anti with car blocking &'s property, day 5 now, +threats and verbal abuse.
    Will have to ask authority for action, but this will likely mean another sharp instrument insertion of another &tyre....
    Forgive the tone, please, also after yesterday's commemoration of 74years since Hiroshima and Nagasaki. Made it to Guildhall, Town of Gown, to stand with some, not many. Apparently, none of this is on school curricula now. Maralinga, a grubby set of episodes. Also affected NZ &'s childhood and family.
    #
    1. Tried to make yesterday an npd. Managed until final part, as above, then p&r compromise. Very jolly and delightful driver, kind. Signed both petitions, little good though they may do. At least & says No.

2. Bit the bullet, bought 2l dark overproof rum on way back, for those rumtopfs to be, pk :-)

3. With nextdoor's steadying hand on ladder, & has 2nd bird up in sessile oak. An objêt trouv! piece, from the last East Anglian Open Studios Sunday. So, dangling swamp-strider pukeko and gull can now converge and converse. They started straight away, gusty afternoon.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/o8yVwXYVemL53G2w8

4. Building up a good stock of prepped citrus peel for future marmalade, recently started cutting it up straight after early daily orange and lemon, a couple of kgs already.

5. Dropped more RTC emporium meaty bits to uni friend and we settled on 2 September for her birthday lunch, always at Caf! Rouge. Made bkg in person y'day, as passing.

6. Y'day was also supposed to uncover some grassy green wool to finish crocheted Welsh dragon for a b'day on Saturday in The Alma. Has & found any, anywhere, 2 towns, all shops, all CSs, hunting since last week? NO. Making do with a ball bought so near Kettle's Yard that I popped in, as you do. Liked this:
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/gDvVJCs33uiEy4Hq6

- and that led to more studio pottery, exhbn in St Phillips alongside. Lovely pottery talk with Alison Gautrey, about Jennifer Lee's recent wonderful talk, and then about clusters of tiny cyclamen, spotted in outside grass.
    #
    Need to start sorting for Spitalfields, v. difficult with blocked access, and possibly coming out at 2.30h to find a tyre burgered....

All sorts of prayers needed for so many right now.
    Dear friends' daughter did not make it, last Monday, for either GCSE results or graduation of 2 of her 3 children.
    I'm removing much that I'm typing, so will stop now.
    #
    All blessings and abundant osps to all.
    CAP[UK]for FREE EXPERT DEBT&BUDGET HELP:[URL="tel:01274760720"]01274 760720[/URL], freephone0800 328 0006
    'People don't want much. They want: "Someone to love, somewhere to live, somewhere to work and something to hope for."
    Norman Kirk, NZLP- Prime Minister, 1972
    ***JE SUIS CHARLIE***
    'It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere' François-Marie AROUET

• Blackbeard_of_PerranporthBlackbeard_of_Perranporth Forumite
    7.2K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    There another dose of your Life of BoP coming up. All you needs to knows!

Watched the flixnet of rivers again last night, ‘Bottle Shock’. In colour and it was true as well. Worth a look. There, BoP getting the feature films in so you can watch them. BoPsie was in Bin There mode as well!

I see on the buck face, the algorithms has taken over the autoboots, so be careful on the bucks.

Well BoP is rites all over the plaice this weak. Dentist tomorrow. Same rules, hurt him more than me. Yes, BoP still has his gnashers! Quack on FryDay and the Hearing clinic again next weak. That was because BoP, like at JAM, played with Big Toys and is …

Now at mill, we has the Norffen likes inn today to discus their brass and the cloths. Hopefully this should see BoP out!

Tonight again BoP is inn the gym trying his best with his beached ready body!

Off course, here you are …
    Cardiac Arrest - Electrical - Patient unconscious! Heart Attack - Plumbing - Patient conscious!
    Defibrillators Cannot Cure a Heart Attack!
  • edited 7 August 2019 at 3:07PM
    juliettetjuliettet Forumite
    722 posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭
    edited 7 August 2019 at 3:07PM
    Almost a MOT BOP!
    Ampersand so sad for your friend's daughter.
    I wonder what history is taught now?

After a trying couple of days, although trivial in the real sense, here are my latest 5
    1. Garden full of colour although the latest flowering season I have ever known.
    2. Epic produce fail not even 1 lettuce. But managing to get reasonable local salad & veg.
    3. Rain has stopped after 3 constant days.
    4. End of month stuff at work all ok.
    5. Cakes this afternoon with our coffee.