Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3 - Page 716

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

edited 18 July 2017 at 11:40AM in Old Style MoneySaving
12.1K replies 819.7K views

Replies

• mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    A day of much work! 8-4pm. Home for a quick shower and then back in half an hour later to bake for a couple of hours.

Made brownies, cupcakes, honeycomb tiffin and coconut truffles. Much happier doing this!

We sat and had some dinner whilst the brownies were baking! Nice to be relaxed after a busy work day. DD2 back after her hip injury.

Brought home some soup and a bolognese portion. Will pop them in the freezer tomorrow.

Beautiful sunset.

DD1 nearly home! She's only another 4 hours of flying to get home.

I'm working all weekend boy child so you will need to stay at home and be there for the dog...he'd obviously not taken this on board and made plans...plans now unmade! He is away most weekends in life and 9pm on a Saturday night is too late for me to arrange dog walking !

Tips in my tip jar.

We have a local artist who paints very pretty watercolours . She brought in a little one of a wren today so I treated myself. When we went away the other weekend to scatter OH's ashes there were so many little wrens in the hedgerows at the cottage.

I enjoyed my work colleague today! We work well together.

There pleasures all around work! Who knew?

Same again tomorrow! Heat packs in situ on my lower back!
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures for today (Saturday).

1) Not too bad a sleep though woken by the cat at 5am.

2) Made raspberry jam for the village show (next Saturday). Tasted great but the raspberries (not all pushed through a sieve) all floated to the tops of the jars as it cooled.

3) Hens OK. One branch down and one pane of the greenhouse blown out in the storms overnight.

4) Had allotment potatoes for lunch made into potato salad. Plus mini pizzas.

5) Carried on cleaning! Stairs and landing today.

6) Had HM ready meals from the freezer for tea. Smaller son and I made millionaires shortbread.

7) Enjoyed the feature length episode of Casualty.
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • DundeeDollDundeeDoll Forumite
    4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    posting very late tonight. surreal day
    1) lazy morning as per norm for a saturday
    2) played ceilidh music at a very wet botanic gardens summer party
    3) we were under a gazebo :D (and the food was lish)
    4) then off to mrpiano's last concert before he hops over the pond
    5) then we went to the pub for drinks. There was a whole crowd of us and there was the crowed who organised the botanics do so lots of fun
    just don't mention the footie bop
    I may not be there yet but I'm closer than I was yesterday
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Spoke to a friend on the phone.

2. Picked some runner beans. The supports had blown down so I had to fix them.

3. DS2 texted he had arrived in holiday and flight was only a little bumpy!!

4. DS1 out on an all day stag do. Stayed in London for the night at a friend house. Last I heard early afternoon was he had won at crazy golf. A pint was drunk on each hole.

5. Went for a meal with DH. Waitress forgot to put our main course order in so got 50% off food bill. We were sitting there quite happily talking.
    On way to restaurant virtually every road was either closed or had been resurfaced with stones in past couple of days.

& Hope neighbour problem is resolved. We have experienced it on a couple of occasions and is very stressful.

Suffolksue hugs to you. Take all the support that people offer you.
  • LaineyTLaineyT Forumite
    3.3K posts
    Fifth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saturday pleasures,

Bit of a lie-as didn’t sleep so well.

It was a tad breezy, luckily all the beech trees etc held up but our apple tree is looking pretty decimated, will salvage what I can and process but won’t be much of a harvest this year.

Popped over to see beautiful grey one as she needed more carrots, despite the high winds she was quite happy out in her paddock.

3 items sold on fleabay for reasonable pennies so that’s my Burghley money sorted.

Watched Bob & Paul’s fishing programme and then turned tv off for a few games of Yahtzee, Capt S pipped me this time but that could have been down to the Sauvignon Blanc :cool:
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Finding something that has calmed the itching allergic reaction I have to the different detergents in the things I process at the charity shop, been a while but is BLISS!

Coffee with the family in the city yesterday.

A nice dry (if breezy) walk round the lake before supper last night in the sunshine.

I've finished all the beans in the house! he'll go and pick some more I'm sure but today I can declare this abode as a 'bean free zone' Hoorah!

It's cooler and I'm wearing long sleeves and am comfortable, lovely!
  • VJsmumVJsmum Forumite
    6.2K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    mrs LW - my daughter would recommend Lush 'dream cream' for that.

Pleasures for yesterday

1. Washing mostly dried on the line - perennial pleasure..
    2. Made roasted tomato and red pepper soup and had some for lunch. Things needed using although I don't particularly go for tomatoey things. however it was lish.
    3. Had a bath watching an episode of "keeping faith" and watched another while I made and had tea
    4. DD was well enough to go to London to see her friends. My journey to a distant railway station to collect her was a bit fraught, especially when I had to go 8 miles back down the motorway due to changed roads and confusion. However, the pleasure is I made it...
    5. OH made it to the Isle of Man, despite the weather...

Have a nice sunday all
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • mhagstermhagster Forumite
    3.8K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Oh my goodness. So much rain! It has not stopped all day.

But I've been in at work all day so it doesn't matter!

Work 8-5pm not madly busy but got loads done.

DD1 home safely.

DD2 working with me...colleague said does your daughter never stop talking? Nah...not really!

Someone came in and bought all the cupcakes I'd made! In a one-r!

Again enjoyed the company of my kitchen colleague .We work very companionably which is nice.

Decent tips! It makes a huge difference working a full day :) however it knacks my back so don't want to do it everyday! Need the tips to pay for the remedial massage at end of week! Was in bed with my heat pads slapped on my back!!

Just going for a shower and then it will be pjs on and not much else happening! Day off tomorrow.

Have a nice night :)
  • FrithFrith Forumite
    6.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) Not a bad sleep.

2) Had hot dogs for breakfast! Wanted sausages but needed to use up some rolls. Also fried some tomatoes.

3) Hens OK. Watered the tomatoes, dug up a few potatoes and picked a courgette.

4) Put all the preserves under the stairs.

5) Made a roast for tea.

6) Bigger son will be home 1 week from today!
    Never took piano lessons
    But baby you're a grand
    And I will learn to play the good notes
    And tune you up the best I can
  • villagelifevillagelife Forumite
    2.3K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    1. Great day. Had tickets to see England v Wales at Twickenham. Good win for England. There was a great atmosphere. There were 2 teenage stewards with enormous flags in front of us who had to run past each other when England scored. The had a great time. I had missed watching rugby.

2. Went to Kew gardens prior to the rugby. I have a yearly pass with them as often go prior to an evening match. There is a glass sculpture exhibition on. As we walked through a shop there one of the staff said 2 pieces of the glass had been sold that morning to the same person. Combined total of almost £13,000 as DS1 would say that's a house deposit.had

3. All train journeys good and managed to get a seat on them all.

4. Good football result. Lots of family WhatsApp messages about it.

5. Managed to fix printer for DH. He loses patience if doesn't work instantly.