Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• Donnymad
    Donnymad Posts: 31 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I’ve been with Powershop for more than 2 years and, like many people on this thread, have been pleased with the energy prices and the Customer Service staff. However, I have still to receive any formal confirmation from Powershop that E.ON. will/have taken them over. No email, nothing on my account except: “Welcome! You have now been moved to Powershop Lite.” That’s it, nothing more. 

All my recent purchases have been ‘refunded’, aka Purchase Reversal, even though I didn’t request it! My 2 tariffs don’t expire until 17 October, (my birthday 😀) so I am hoping that I will be able to continue buying future energy at those prices until then.

I’ve tried ‘phoning Customer Service on 3 occasions, a total of 90+ minutes. No response, just the same old music and not even a “Sorry to keep you waiting, we will be with you shortly.”

Sent a (polite) message from my account asking questions. Still waiting for a response.

All in all I am very disappointed at the way that myself, and others, have been treated. Unless I am offered a reasonable deal when this shambles is finally concluded, then I will not be moving over to E.O.N Next.

Rant over!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    "Mummy Dearest" Special Pack available now with a 35% discount.
    Noticeable Changes on the website:
    - I have had to re-enter my credit card details, trying to get me to pay by Direct Debit from my Bank Account.
    - New screens are available for you to "request" the installation of a Smart Meter with a short questionnaire
  • tlcgrantham
    tlcgrantham Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    So you’re still getting packs offered! As per earlier post I’ve been moved to lite tariff backdated to 10/02/2021 and high discount packs that I bought last month refunded as a credit to my account. Unable to contact Powershop so I’m leaving.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    So you’re still getting packs offered! As per earlier post I’ve been moved to lite tariff backdated to 10/02/2021 and high discount packs that I bought last month refunded as a credit to my account. Unable to contact Powershop so I’m leaving.
    They are becoming impossible and I am still chasing them about my complaint from last year!
  • Equites
    Equites Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, went in to give a meter reading just now and it's a !!!!!! situation.
    It would appear that they moved me over to Powershop Lite. 
    No email or any correspondence telling me that it has taken place, and they backdated it to 5th Mar with all unused powerpacks refunded.
    The "your tariff information" section indicates that I am still on the old Powershop Pro tariff.  That is cheapest around for here (bar Symbio) so will stick with them until the end of contract in June.  Mind you, going to check the bills carefully to make sure they do actually use that tariff.
    The lack of communication is dire and the "Could you pay less" section is laughable with woefully uncompetitive offerings as you can see below.
    They are really screwing up this transfer of business as there is zero incentive for existing customers to stay after the end of contract.

• tlcgrantham
    Options
    Totally agree with your comments. “Communication dire”,
    “Could you pay Less” and “Zero incentive to stay after end of contract”  

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 14 March 2021 at 11:21PM
    Options
    It's all a bit FUBAR, as is to be expected!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I spotted and investigated a new offer in the market for electricity that I wanted to share with you all.

Orbit Energy are offering a very tempting deal of £0.11599p per kWh and a standing charge of £0.25108p per day.

My spreadsheet calculates that for my annual consumption (12,000kWh)  that gives me a saving of £120.27p per year,

compared with my current PS Tariff of £0.1268 per kWh and £0.2252 per day.

I was all ready to transfer......

.......until I looked at the TrustPilot reviews linked to from the own website (https://orbitenergy.co.uk):

https://uk.trustpilot.com/review/orbitenergy.co.uk

So perhaps I'll hang around for a bit more here.....

PS They continue to ignore my complaint over being told I was on the cheapest tariff when I wasn't - still progressing it!

• tlcgrantham
    tlcgrantham Posts: 507 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    “Perhaps I’ll hang around for a bit more” might be a wise move. Orbit have abysmal customer service and have hiked variable tariffs after sucking people in before.
    You might want to consider Octopus Go or Agile tariffs if you have a smart meter. Even the Octopus variable tariff is good and they’ve excellent customer service. I’ve moved to PFP energy as their gas is cheap but may move to Octopus later for Electricity.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    I was amazed at the amount of -VE feedback on their customer Support.
    Having been a customer of Extra Energy, it was just a complete pain having to constantly chase them.

As I mentioned, I'm having to do the same with PS who are just ignoring my complaint.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback