Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options
1180181182183184186»

Comments

• fewkeste
    fewkeste Posts: 534 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I left in March and have only just received my credit balance after emailing and phoning them to get it. I am now considering a making a claim  for compensation. Not like the old Powershop.
    Check the Symbio thread and the OFGEM website. I think you're due £30 compensation plus if they don't pay promptly you qualify for another £30. Loads of info on the Symbio thread about people claiming one or both £30 compensation payments.

• tlcgrantham
    tlcgrantham Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    THe Ofgem site says the following:     "Customers will also be entitled to a £30 payment if their previous supplier is late in refunding them their credit balance after they have switched. Suppliers must refund credit balances within 10 working days of a final bill being issued.
            Suppliers are required to pay compensation automatically to the affected customer within 10 days of the breach occurring. If they fail to make the initial payment, they will be required to make a further payment of £30."

I will wait a little to see if an "automatic payment " is forthcoming then make an official complaint.
  • Equites
    Equites Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    You know, the move from EON cannot happen soon enough.
    Although I am still in the official 14 day cooling off period, EON have frozen my online account so I cannot log in or even reset my password.  Oh the joys of a phone call with them tomorrow unless things change overnight.
  • neilsedaka
    neilsedaka Posts: 396 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    E.on Next sent me a credit of £306.54 recently for solar panels FIT which used to be with Npower, so that works as expected.
  • tlcgrantham
    tlcgrantham Posts: 505 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    E.on Next sent me a credit of £306.54 recently for solar panels FIT which used to be with Npower, so that works as expected.
    Did you actually get the money or is it just credited to your account?
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    I always receive FIT money directly onto my bank account. Both from E.on Next and Scottish Power (two solar panel installations). FIT money is always completely separate to electricity accounts.
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    Does anyone know what this Default charge is on my E.on Next bill received today?

• neilsedaka
    Options
    I found a possible answer here https://community.eonnext.com/threads/528-quot-Default-quot-50p-charge

"Over the weekend we've identified a number of accounts affected by this issue. It seems to be linked to customers who have migrated to us from Powershop; the root cause being an incorrect code applied for their "final bills" which closes things down on their side.

We are looking into how we fix this ASAP; but please know the charge is NOT VALID and will be removed in the next few days, it does not need to be paid. Thank you so much for your patience while we work on this for you."
  • chuckie851
    chuckie851 Posts: 34 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I had the default charge, as experienced by others.  Eon corrected that, but then I stopped receiving any bills, despite sending regular meter readings.
    I phoned this morning and they forced a bill.  They still can't get it right though.  They credited the amount of my May bill back to the account.  I'll tell them in due course.
  • Equites
    Equites Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Two days until the six week deadline for sending me a final bill, wonder if EON will do me out of some Ofgem compensation?
    The difference between the old Powershop customer service/competency and EON is massive.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback