Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    Presumably no-one will want to stay when their 12 months are up as the renewal offers are laughable.

To prevent any issues over getting a refund of any sizeable credit balance after you leave you can request them to refund credit balances immediately (but do this before you initiate a switch!)

This does get done comparatively efficiently - though you first have to get them to give you a manual bill covering all your time with them (a "complaint" over their hopeless billing record should get this for you)

Then they refund all but one month's "subscription" if you have a credit balance on request within 2/3 days

It seems if you have initiated a switch they invoke all the "await final bill" ts + cs regarding refunds
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    From what I can gather, they don't give anyone a final bill!!!!
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Fromply wrote: »
    From what I can gather, they don't give anyone a final bill!!!!
    Has anyone out there got a final bill....?
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    After several complaints, I have been told I will get a final bill in 14 days. Not holding my breath
    Je suis sabot...
  • Fromply
    Options
    This is what they sent me on 3rd August!!! Still complaining regularly and still waiting!

Thank you for contacting Together energy. I can confirm we have received your final meter readings and I have passed these across to the billing department in order for them to generate the final bill. It can take up to 7 days for this to generated, once I receive the bill I will forward this straight to you.

This is what they sent me on the 14th August. Quite simply I don't believe they're working through a backlog, or issuing final bills!

Thank you for your email. I do apologise you haven’t yet received your final bill. We are currently working through a back log of final bill. Apologies for the delay.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    A lot of customers must be leaving then.
    Je suis sabot...
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    After several complaints, I have been told I will get a final bill in 14 days. Not holding my breath
    Thanks for this.... how long after the transfer date did you start chasing them? They legally have 6-8 weeks don't they?
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My switch went through on 5th July. My last bill was early June. Nothing since and no final bill.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Options
    Thanks for this.... how long after the transfer date did you start chasing them? They legally have 6-8 weeks don't they?

I contacted them just over six weeks after I left. I kept sending daily emails to the complaints department until I got the above response -- 14 days.
    Je suis sabot...
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    My complaint to the Ombudsman has finally been allocated to an Investigation Officer.

I have been left in limbo and now cannot transfer from TE to someone else as E.ON are still trying to take me back against my wishes.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure