Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• mikeyorkie10
    Options
    Has anybody who has left actually had a final bill? I can't get one out of them.
    Not yet but only 12 days in to switch, they have cancelled the DD though... will keep you posted..
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    Got this today.

"You're now an E.ON customer"

Seems I have no choice in the matter and I am just a commodity to be passed around at will.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had an update today from the Ombudsman. Remember that Together Energy have previously confirmed to the Ombudsman that they have completed all of the remedies in full!!

Your complaint about Together Energy
    Thank you for contacting our office regarding your concerns about the implementation of the remedy. Having reviewed the case in detail, we have identified that Together Energy has not implemented the remedy in full. We have re-opened the case and require that Together Energy completes the following actions:
    Remedy Type
    Amount
    Description
    Target Date
    Status
    Credit
    £164.87
    provide you with a direct payment of £164.87 in order to ensure that you have not been charged twice for your energy consumption
    10/08/2018
    Completed by Company
    Action

provide a written apology for the shortfalls in customer service identified
    10/08/2018
    Completed by Company
    Goodwill
    £60.00
    apply a credit of £60 to your account for the shortfalls identified and your time and trouble
    10/08/2018
    Completed by Company
    We appreciate your patience and assure you will carry on monitoring this until Together Energy has fully completed the actions. We will contact you as soon as we have any further information.
  • Hoof_Hearted
    Hoof_Hearted Posts: 2,361 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well done for not giving up. I knew they were incompetent but it is plainly dishonest to lie to the Ombudsman when they haven't met the requirements.
    Je suis sabot...
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    edited 26 August 2018 at 4:15PM
    Options
    Well well, FINALLY noticed a bill on my account page.

But, DOH, it's the final bill for my OLD ADDRESS from December 2017.

Oh dear.

Let's hope these idiots go over the 12 months and then the back billing rules will come in to play :D

edit:

I've fired off ANOTHER email to the ombudsman as once again they batted it back to me saying the same thing - TE have told them they put the remedies in place in the middle of May 2018 - a lie as I have no way of confirming anything because I have not had a single bill in 8 months.

It is galling that they are allowed to get away with this, and again I have asked the ombudsman to tell me what their complaints procedure is when it comes to making a complaint about the ineffectual ombudsman (they ignored this request last time). Again they tell me to get back in touch in 14 days if TE haven't been in touch with me.

Is this a game where if I forget to get back to them after 14 days they just close my complaint because they are happy time after time after time to accept it when TE tell them they have put the remedies in place.

Here's a gripping insight from the ombudsmans last email to me:

"I tried to phone Together Energy but was unable to get through.
    An email has been sent to Together Energy requesting it contact you within the next seven days regarding the issues you are having."

A total joke.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    I'm starting to wonder about the effectiveness of the Ombudsman too.

I received this yesterday:

"This is an automated notification to tell you that your case is progressing and its status has changed to Ready for investigation.

Having allowed time for both parties to provide evidence to support their case the issues will now be investigated based on the information we have received.

We will keep you updated about the course of the investigation."

Trouble is they haven't requested any evidence from me at all, and I seriously doubt that TE have provided any in a week even if asked for.
  • Fromply
    Options
    Did you upload all of your evidence on the Ombudsman website when you submitted your original complaint?

They didn't request anything extra from me at any stage, beyond what I uploaded at the start. Although I never got to see it, it was clear that TE did submit a portfolio of information on my case to the Ombudsman.

I initially submitted my complaint to the Ombudsman on 17th May. On 6th June I received an offer, through the Ombudsman, from TE, which I rejected - at this stage the Ombudsman hadn't looked at the case, it had all been automatic - I rejected the TE offer, primarily because I wanted the Ombudsman to look at it! On 25th June, my case status was changed to "Ready for Investigation" and on 26th June I was assigned an investigation officer.
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    No, I just filed the complaint with a summary. I didn't notice any facility to attach evidence. It may have been there though.

I thought they looked at the summary, then decided whether or not it is within their remit, and if so then request evidence. That's how my previous involvements with other Ombudsman has worked.
  • Fromply
    Options
    You should have had this in your welcome email from them:
    "[FONT=&quot]Sending us evidence about your complaint [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT] [FONT=&quot]Any information you have to support your complaint such as bills, emails or call logs should be sent to us within 10 working days. You will shortly receive full details on how to use portal to get 24 hour access to your complaint. This is the quickest way to add supporting documents and view updates on your case.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]
    [FONT=&quot]Alternatively, send your information to: [/FONT][FONT=&quot][EMAIL="osenquiries@os-energy.org"][FONT=&quot]osenquiries@os-energy.org[/FONT][/EMAIL][/FONT][FONT=&quot] quoting your case reference number in the subject line.[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]"
  • Fromply
    Options
    The email with the login details to the portal had the same timestamp.

The Ombudsman portal is appalling and confusing!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure