Together Energy?

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I can only speak to my experience, but I left the DD in place because I thought I had to do so in order to receive the credit back to my account. They continued to help themselves to the monthly payment even after they stopped supplying me. I would also love to stop the regular emails asking me for meter readings... it's just a joke.
  • meherenow
    meherenow Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Carezza wrote: »
    Has anyone else managed to get their Ombudsman case against TE enforced? I won mine, but TE made up an invoice with the relevant credit, sent it to the Ombudsman (not me...) and they closed the case. In the meantime I have received (via the portal) a few garbage bills, without an accurate single accurate reading and no £60 credit. But the Ombudsman says that the case is closed, despite my plea that I would settle for just a single correct bill.

I've switched away to a different supplier but when I left I was in a lot of credit, plus they owe me the Ombudsman compensation. How can I get a final bill from them? The Ombudsman is pointless. Happy to go the small claims route but can a judge really compel them to send me an accurate bill?

What a total waste of everyone's time.

I'm still batting mine back and forth to the Ombudsman. TE have told the Ombudsman that they have put all the measures in place that they were told to do by said Ombudsman.

However I cannot confirm any of this as I have had NO bill whatsoever in 9 months. Supposed to have £75 credited.

So the Ombudsman have told me AGAIN that they have told TE to put the remedies in place (third time I make it now).

With the best will in the world I am joining Bulb tomorrow so I can only imagine how smoothly THAT is going to go lol.

My experience of the Ombudsman is that it is a toothless wonder - they have absolutely NO POWER AT ALL to enforce their own decisions - crazy stuff. Martin Lewis says so himself according to this Grauniad piece from last year...

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/oct/28/ombudsman-regulate-parliament-review-martin-lewis

The kicker here is that in one of my recent emails to the Ombudsman (do they even DESERVE that capital "O"?) I explicitly asked them who watches the watchers - who do I complain to about the OMBUDSMAN? Deathly silence on their reply, didn't even attempt to tackle that one :mad: and that was after they actually IGNORED my first email lol...

"Perhaps you can inform me of how I can make a complaint against YOURSELVES? Who regulates the ombudsman? I have found the service I have received from yourselves to be quite ineffective. What is the point of an ombudsman that seemingly cannot enforce the decisions it decrees?"

I'm still none the wiser.

In fairness I DID get my old account closed at my previous address finally and had the overpayment refunded so that was something, however I long ago cancelled my DD for my new account so I no doubt owe them a couple of hundred quid - kept the money aside though when I eventually receive an accurate final bill, I don't want any excuse from them to not let me switch. They managed to pay me back the cash despite my cancelling of the DD so I wouldn't let that stop you from cancelling it.

OFGEM NEED TO GET ONTO THESE CLOWNS!
  • meherenow
    Options
    As I have already started my switch away and TE already owe me about £150 after putting up my DD.... I'm worried by the comments above and I think I should cancel my DD before they take another payment .... I think they should still be able to repay into my bank.. is that correct?

I can assure you that I had LONG cancelled my DD with TE and they managed to credit my bank account with two payments for money they owed me (one was an extra month they took and the other was the balance I was in credit after this month was deducted).
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Fromply wrote: »
    That's shocking, but not surprising! How long ago did the Ombudsman rule in your favour?

Middle of May, with the remedies due within seven days :rotfl:

Honestly, TE could have sent the Ombudsman a letter stating that by way of compensation they were sending over Jason Momoa to hand-feed me champagne and blinis for a week, and their reaction would have been "ah that's fair, case closed then". Reality is a mere inconvenience to them, and certainly not a decision-making factor. But hey, no right of appeal, so I'll bung a pizza in the oven.
  • meherenow
    edited 17 August 2018 at 11:07PM
    Options
    Carezza wrote: »
    Middle of May, with the remedies due within seven days :rotfl:

Honestly, TE could have sent the Ombudsman a letter stating that by way of compensation they were sending over Jason Momoa to hand-feed me champagne and blinis for a week, and their reaction would have been "ah that's fair, case closed then". Reality is a mere inconvenience to them, and certainly not a decision-making factor. But hey, no right of appeal, so I'll bung a pizza in the oven.

LOL, just checked my emails and the ombudsman (not giving them a capital "o" any more, I've decided) ruled in my favour in the middle of April.

Madness!
  • mikeyorkie10
    Options
    meherenow wrote: »
    I can assure you that I had LONG cancelled my DD with TE and they managed to credit my bank account with two payments for money they owed me (one was an extra month they took and the other was the balance I was in credit after this month was deducted).
    Ok... thanks, I!!!8217;m cancelling my DD !!!55357;!!!56397;
  • PurpleMoonlight
    Options
    I've submitted my complaint to the Ombudsman this morning.

E.ON are still trying to take me back.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    My direct debit from August 1st (after I ceased to be a customer) was promptly refunded by the bank.

Is there a time limit on the direct debit guarantee? Can I claim back my direct debit payments from 1st July and 1st June as a means of getting the money they owe me? The way I view it, they've taken more money from me than they should, the ombudsman has ruled in my favour and those payments should be returned to me.
  • Fromply
    Fromply Posts: 174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looking at the Companies House information (I'm not an accountant, so don't really have a clear understanding of what I'm looking at).... for their last accounts, published in January for Y/E August 2017, they have few assets and £1.7m worth of creditors with debts due within 1 year and have "profit and loss reserves" of negative £900k.
    "Current cashflow forecast indicate a requirement to raise additional working capital by early 2018".
    And one of the founders and directors has resigned as of 9th July 2018.

Not looking healthy to me!
  • meherenow
    edited 19 August 2018 at 11:35PM
    Options
    Fromply wrote: »
    Looking at the Companies House information (I'm not an accountant, so don't really have a clear understanding of what I'm looking at).... for their last accounts, published in January for Y/E August 2017, they have few assets and £1.7m worth of creditors with debts due within 1 year and have "profit and loss reserves" of negative £900k.
    "Current cashflow forecast indicate a requirement to raise additional working capital by early 2018".
    And one of the founders and directors has resigned as of 9th July 2018.

Not looking healthy to me!

Interesting story....

I tried to move to Bulb earlier in the year in an early flounce when I realised trouble was brewing as they were still taking money from me for my old address and my complaint had just gone over to the ombudsman.

Bulb got back to me to say they couldn't take on my supply because a swap was already in progress.

Most strange I thought - I had changed to TE from the incumbent in my new property in December 2017 and this was now the beginning of March - Bulb kindly sent me a screen grab as to what was going on...

It would seem that my supply did indeed move from "British Gas Trading" (supplier code "BGAS") to "Together Energy Supply Limited" ("AZAC") on 28th December 2017 (quite right as my BG smart meter stopped working the day before).

However there is another entry signifying a swap to "Together Energy (Eddington)" ("EDDI") on 1st March 2018. It's this unknown swap that stopped my first transfer to Bulb from going through.

Now your guess is as good as mine as to what this means - I did mention it to the ombudsman but this was just totally ignored.

Why would my supply be transferred to a different limited company set up by the same directors? And is this technically legal without my permission?

Again, difficult to know what is going on when I have had absolutely ZERO paperwork from any company trading with a name similar to TOGETHER.

Very fishy I'm sure you will agree and that is without even putting my Columbo coat on...

If this mob aren't bust by this Christmas I'll eat my shoe!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure