Get a grip !

edited 25 November 2018 at 7:52AM in How much have you saved?
4.7K replies 214.5K views

Replies

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Your curry sounds lovely. I am not surprised you are feeling so tired you are doing so much. Everyone at my workplace is soooo tired too, i think the rain and dark nights play a part too. Well done on the survey. I cant remember how much mine was but it is great that you are learning about the house. Every step is a step closer to escape! Keep going one day at a time my dear friend we are all thinking of you. You are so close now, and will have a brill time up north with your dad and new and old friends. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    The chicken stew in the slow cooker was yum. 😋 3 portions into the freezer. 

Went for a walk with my no-dogs friend and had a look at M&S xmas gifts. They have 2 bucks fizz for £5 so I might pop back in the week with the car on the way home from work and get one for my niece to go with her tin of biscuits & one for me 😁

I got some 3 in1 shower gel for DF in b n m cost £1.19. He already has his magazine subscription and a new toolbox so just need a few bits to unwrap Christmas Day. That’s 2 bottles shower gel so far & I will get him some chocs. 
    At least that will be 2 people sorted. 
    I will get up again soon and walk the dog. She’s been out in the garden and had her breakfast. Hope it stops raining soon. No real plans for today apart from dog walk and making a curry in the slow cooker. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE House sale costs= EPC £55 Solicitor insurance £90. Solicitor fees £1290 NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗 House purchase costs = house 1 fell through serious illness of seller. Solicitor Insurance £90 Searches £300. House 2 offer fell through structural problems / damp on survey. Solicitor insurance £90 Searches £300. Survey £375. House 3 offer 20/10/22 survey £540. Solicitor insurance £90. Mining survey £60 Searches £300. Damp report £150. Builders report/ quote £100. chaps transfer £23. Exchanged 20/1/23 🥳🍾
  • MovingForwardsMovingForwards Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    10,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    You're getting there with gift shopping 😊
    Have a relaxing day.
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Just moved money from car fund to cover mot £48 and service £135.90

Car insurance renewal is due this month. Last year it was £191.84. This years quote is £218.60. I may just try & haggle them down a bit. Not sure if I will have my new house before the renewal but I will still be staying with DS & gf until I work my notice period so it may be easier just to stay with the same company this year. 
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full 0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE House sale costs= EPC £55 Solicitor insurance £90. Solicitor fees £1290 NOW MORTGAGE FREE 🤗 House purchase costs = house 1 fell through serious illness of seller. Solicitor Insurance £90 Searches £300. House 2 offer fell through structural problems / damp on survey. Solicitor insurance £90 Searches £300. Survey £375. House 3 offer 20/10/22 survey £540. Solicitor insurance £90. Mining survey £60 Searches £300. Damp report £150. Builders report/ quote £100. chaps transfer £23. Exchanged 20/1/23 🥳🍾
    16.2K Posts
    Forumite
    See how much their cancellation fee is, just in case they're not competitive for your new address. You should get it a bit cheaper.

The service was a good price.
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    It was a short service as I had done less than 4000 miles. Full service was £193 last year. 

Have just walked the dog. I hate these dark mornings. Am in the office today so I had better get a move on as I have to leave in half an hour. 
  • savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    Forumite
    Well done on sorting out the service for the car, at least it is out of the way. It's fab that you did some shopping for Christmas. I barely walk anywhere now your puppy walking is definitely keeping you fit. The darkness is not nice though. 

Have a good day. 
    Aiming for a minimal spend 2022
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    Have walked the dog this morning. It’s not as cold as I expected and there are patches of blue sky appearing where the grey foggy gloom appears to be breaking up. 

Today I am meeting up with a friend who I met when I first moved down south over 30 years ago. I think we are going for a cheap lunch somewhere. 
    6.9K Posts
    Forumite
    It did brighten up for a while at lunch time but blimey it was cold 🥶 

I met my friend and we had lunch in weather spoons by the marina. It could have been summer, looking out on the boats in the sun 😁 I had curry & chips and a no-sugar soft drink £6.40. Had a lovely meal & chat. 

Picked up some paperwork from the solicitor on the way home. I am seeing him next week to sign the contract but we are still waiting for some info from sellers solicitor. 

I am in the office tomorrow. Almost the end of the week. 😴

16.2K Posts
    Forumite
    It felt like 0° yesterday, temps are lower today but it feels warmer.

Nudge the EA, they're paid to chase and keep things moving.

Envious about the curry! You're a step closer to the weekend.